Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
briangreen":3rq7ke5k said:
According to bbcsport Burton only had 2 shots on target, guess where they ended up...

One was cleared off the line (by a Burton player obviously) the other was knocked to safety by a hovering seagull??? No sorry I give up you'll have to tell me ;)

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Helston_Green":1bv3xx0u said:
The players seemed somewhat short of motivation as we hardly threw men forward in search of an equaliser. In seasons gone by I remember the kitchen sink being thrown toward the Devonport End if we needed a goal.
Maybe we can read something into the fact that only Bas, Andres, Maxime and one other who I can't remember came over at the end to applaud the fans who paid to watch that.

Yep, heads dropped as soon as the equaliser went in and five minutes later the match was lost. Those two late, late goals by Friio to turn 0-1 into 2-1 against Gillingham in 2005 feels like a very distant memory now.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
newquaygreen":3motlhje said:
philking12":3motlhje said:
no defence ,no midfield,no attack,NO HOPE.

Not all bad then :whistle:
There is if you enjoy ice skating

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I wasnt there, but cant comment in too much detail. However from reading the comments above the feeling I get about the performance is "spineless". Please correct me if this is unfair.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Not read the entire thread, but would suspect it is mainly uncoordinated, no cohesion, no leadership, dire first half (from both sides) brighter start to second half, all ended in tears, pointless subs.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was a disappointing evening. Both sides have weaknesses and Argyle were no better/worse than Burton. I felt we should have deserved at least a point out of the match. Points I considered

Burton were physically bigger than us as a team and used that well
Madjo did not get a good enough service.
Young played a lot better than Sunday
Why was loanee Griffiths dropped, when Baz could have driven forward from leftside mid-field?
There is no settled side identified which can bed down to perform consistently.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I think back to the last season of Cloughie at Notts Florist.
They were going down from the (Prem) and all season it was obvious they were in trouble. But sack Cloughie ??? ''Not a cat in hell's ....etc''
Down they went and his last season was a real shame because he had achieved so much.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Its probably safe to post now, most of the indifference seems to have been aired.

By half time when we went back inside for a cup of tea the conversation was more engrossing than the football so none of us went back outside. Brief respte when Paris scored but no one seemed convinced it would stay that way. Not least because once again or midfield midgets (not their fault) were up against well nourished individuals who were tall and strong and won the ball easily.

Back to conversation..............then.......................whistle and apparetly it was all over. Heard the Boos but generally heard the screams of indifference as people left the Theatre of Greens.

Strange really, the first signs of cost cutting were apparent as I entered the P&R car park, no stewards. Similar story around the main club entrance, before then one of the mobile shops closed up through "lack of interest". James Brent came into the BL and chatting to one person, who at range didnt look happy. JB briefly looked in our direction and high tailed it back to the Boardroom:) Probably coincidence.

Back into the GT tent after the match and Ive been to jollier wakes, still depression didnt seem to affect consumption, but very, very subdued. People looked as though they had had a good (?) kicking. Very sad.

2 and a half hours to get home with no obvious traffic problems once Plymouth was in rear view mirror. Back again tomorrow for a meeting and then match Saturday. Typical if Argyle didnt go and bear the Gills!:0

COYGs

W

Wilfredo

One positive from last night.............................. I thought the pitch looked awesome and perfect for playing football. Just a shame we didn't have the people who could exploit it !!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
All sounds really awful--I didnt go---but I suspect after a thrashing by Gillingham on saturday (a bogey team for us at the best of times)....and a beating at Fleetwood the week after, the pressure may be too much for even Mr Brent not to do something...

Aug 28, 2012
Both goals from "punches" from Cole - surely if you have to punch the ball you do so to one side or over the bar not forwards to the penalty spot ??