Brief Synopsis!!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) Whoah that must be the lowest crowd for a long time. Perhaps a win would kick a decent crowd in for Saturday? So much for that theory. Bet that season ticket holders get included in the attendance. Young in for the suspended Hourihane, Feeney and Madjo for both the Griffiths boys. 4-4-2 - at least on paper. Bhas to left-back - first time start there since the poor start at Oxford away. Nelson partnered Blanchard at the back. Cole restored. Gurrieri at left-wing, Macca in on the right for Lennox.

2) Bhasera and Blanchard early confusion allowed Burton some possession but eventually went out for a goal-kick. Argyle broke but couldn't get a shot away. Good work by Berry put a good ball across but no-one could latch on to it. Feeney was brought down on the edge of the box but the free-kick was wasted. Madjo won another one when his opponent handled - again wasted.

3) Dreadful period of play from 10 to 40. Both sides losing possession too easily. Argyle trying to be creative and not managing it. Burton lumping it forward to little effect. Occasionally one team might get it as far as the area but generally very moves involving 4 or more passes were developed. With half-an-hour gone Macca gave way to PCH possibly injured in a 50/50 challenge early in the half although it could easily have been tactical - he was poor.

4) Bhasera went close with a shot from a ball that broke from a corner and then Lowry (?) with a shot cleared off the line as Argyle began to look a little bit the stronger team. Burton, strong in the tackle, gave away a number of free-kicks, most of them wasted. On the stroke of half-time Blanchard was forced into a sliding tackle, he was down for a long time holding his knee. He limped off but came back almost immediately. Argyle broke, PCH won a corner, the lino gave it and then the ref over-ruled him.

5) The second-half started in the same dull way then Feeney collected a ball brilliantly before playing in PCH. He dragged the ball back and finished just inside the 'keeper's left-hand upright. With Burton stunned, Berry robbed their left midfielder and forced a corner. Blanchard's header was blocked on the line then Young's follow-up shot was kicked away. Moments later PCH was hacked down. Burton scrambled the ball away.

6) Burton changed from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2 as they tried to get a goal back and suddenly Argyle began to look far better. Nelson had a free header from a corner but got under it and it went well over. Although Argyle had the bulk of possession you never really felt it was safe and occasional shots flew in from Burton. Good work by the midfield set Bhasera free, his cross found Gurrieri via Madjo's chest and his well struck shot could only be parried by the 'keeper.

7) Same old Argyle - with 20 to go we dropped deeper and deeper and we began giving the ball away far too cheaply. From strolling around we suddenly looked nervous again and Burton gained more and more of the ball. Eventually we gave away a soft corner. No-one defended the deep corner, it was headed back across, Cole appeared to be fouled but it was bundled home to possibly the smallest cheer for a goal ever at Home Park.

8 ) Burton were now on top and changes were needed - Fletch froze. Then the ball flashed from left to right the defence were all over the place. Cole flapped at a shot and pushed it out to be passed back past him for Burton's second. Fletcher's reaction was the adventurous one of Rhys Griffiths for Madjo - why not keep him on and take off a defender?? Burton fouling all game then time wasting when leading. Lennox replaced Lowry but by then I'd given up hope.

9) Ref and his linesmen had a reasonable first-half. One yellow card for a late foul on Gurrieri. He punished the fouls but Argyle should have made more of the free-kicks. With no-sign of the fouls easing up eventually the ref started giving yellows. Burton successfully bullied us. Berry and Feeney had reasonable games. PCH and Gurrieri worked hard. Nelson was fine up to the goals. Bhasera was poor at left-back.

10) "our ground's too big for us". Shocking turn-out by both sets of fans. Mind you if I'd watched us on TV I wouldn't have turned up either. No Forza Verde - a protest about mid-week events?! Nah. Crowd was flat and quiet for long periods. Another woeful performance with a 10 minute purple patch. The crowd drifted away, knowing there was no way back.

11) Another defeat beckons on Saturday and so we drift on, ever downwards. Brent's at fault now - he's the one letting this carry on. It's no longer Fletcher's fault - he's doing his best - he's just not very good.

Mar 23, 2008
If we cannot beat Burton who were desperately poor, we haven't got much chance. Grim times. Feeney and PCH only real bright points whilst Lowrys set pieces were impressive. All in all very poor though no cohesion and not much hope.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
If I see one person write about us being only 4 points off the play-off if we'd won, I'm going to go nuts.

We didn't win, we're closer to relegation still, and worryingly, we seem to be a team on the decline. We had a couple of good performances a few weeks back (like every team does i.e Celtic tonight) and I genuinely thought the upward curve would continue. I was clearly wrong.

Those performances were nothing but a purple patch. A patch most teams go through at least twice a season. The problem is, these purple patches come at just the right time to buy the boss more time. With this in mind, I know I'm not alone in almost wanting this poor run to continue just a little bit longer in the hope that a change is made.

Brent, you've got a wonderful football club here, one that, in my opinion, can still make huge strides this season. However, changes need to be made. Not just the manager, but the whole management team, the training schedule, and playing staff that pick up ours and your money each week.

You would not stick with a manager performing as he is within any other business sector in which you have a controlling interest, and nor should you now. I am fed up with talk of almost having no club, inheriting a poor squad and all of the rest of it.

I and many others are so grateful for what you've done in the past, but you'll soon see the rapid decline of anything positive if this carries on.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
That was yet again meaningless drivel. Lost my voice screaming for Fletcher to go. No one else joined in and just looked at me as if I'd just insulted their family. I'm utterly lost and annoyed.

Fletcher just go or I fear I will.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Really poor fare for much of the match coupled with a feeling of apathy inside the stadium.

PCH was something of a spark and took his goal really well.

Both goals conceded were poor. The first was just messy. The second was from an overhit cross that Berry failed to respond to - their wide player subsequently crossed only for Cole for some reason deciding to punch it out - directly to their player.

Can't be bothered to write any more. PCH the only possible contender for MoM.

C

Cult Of Personality

Fletcher is a gutless

We are losing 2-1 and he stays sat down instead of trying to motivate his players

This removed by admin has to go back to the valleys

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Cult Of Personality":39gulziv said:
Fletcher is a gutless

We are losing 2-1 and he stays sat down instead of trying to motivate his players

I wondered when it would descend to playground namecalling.

Get him out though, right away.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
apart from a brief period in the 2nd half we were absolutely appalling!no tactics and clearly this lot are not professionally fit,for instance,guy madjo has visibly slowed since he joined us a short time ago.fletcher,romain and nancekivill should have the maturity to resign tonight.

Dec 2, 2010
We have won 2 out of 8 at home. We have lost at home to 2 of the bottom 4. And we have only played 2 of the top 7 home...and lost both.

Gillingham will murder us. Mr Brent either do something before or you are a willing accomplice in football murder!

I could not go tonight and I will not be making a 600 mile round trip on Saturday to see a massacre. That is not someone giving up...it is someone who cannot put himself through the wringer as things stand.

C

Cult Of Personality

GreenSam":3tk327bd said:
Cult Of Personality":3tk327bd said:
Fletcher is a gutless

I wondered when it would descend to playground namecalling.

Get him out though, right away.

I am angry Sam

More Angry that he sat on the bench when he should be up shouting and motivating his players telling them what ever plan he has instead he is sat down

Gutless cluess and a stain on this club

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Clueless.
No tactics.
No fight.
Many, many misplaced passes.
Many, many passes to players under pressure.
Does anyone at Home Park care anymore? It doesn't seem much like they do.

B

bandwagon

Tony_Flags":3551hwjo said:
That was yet again meaningless drivel. Lost my voice screaming for Fletcher to go. No one else joined in and just looked at me as if I'd just insulted their family. I'm utterly lost and annoyed.

Fletcher just go or I fear I will.

You've had high threshold of pain TF - it must be bad now!!
Trip down to watch the mighty Argyle on saturday or a few sherberts in Bath and bit of the 'handball' code - no contest me thinks!!