Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Saracen10":2n92g12g said:
Both goals from "punches" from Cole - surely if you have to punch the ball you do so to one side or over the bar not forwards to the penalty spot ??

parrying the ball down to the ground with your forearms doth not a punch make :facepalm:

any ball that cannot be punched at least out of the penalty box should be caught or put for a corner. basics really just basics, thought the FA badges might cover basics! :facepalm:

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
It was pretty desperate stuff last night. I think there were some positives, Berry (apart from the second goal when he lost sight of the man behind him) is neat, quick and skilful; Bhasera and Madjo play with a lot of pride and aggression; Cowan-Hall looked useful; Guerreri is quick and skilful; Luke Young may develop into a very good player--he looks fit, kills the ball quickly and distributes simply and accurately. On the negative side--where's the passion and the energy? Some of the players don't look fit. There were several times last night when Argyle had a throw in and our guys couldn't rustle up the motivation to move into space--when that starts happening you know something is fundamentally wrong. Like most of the posters on here I've watched a lot of football over the last 50 years and you can tell when things reach a tipping point. Young ex-players don't generally succeed as managers in my experience--particularly with the teams they used to play for--changing from one of the lads to a manager is a big step.

So everybody else has an opinion on Carl Fletcher so why not an Arsenal fan who has got caught up with supporting Argyle since moving to the SW? I think he has to go--Mr Brent needs to bite the bullet and recruit some grizzled old veteran (I heard Bruce Rioch mentioned--although he must be a 108 by now)--and money must be invested in quality players. It will be no good having the best facility in non-league football, particularly if the main source of income, the supporters, stop coming.

Good luck to the lads on Saturday--I hope they can raise their game.

Sorry to hear about Alex Macdonald's loss--he did well to turn up last night.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good logical post OG.

Mar 23, 2008
Old Gunner":1w1bqrux said:
It was pretty desperate stuff last night. I think there were some positives, Berry (apart from the second goal when he lost sight of the man behind him) is neat, quick and skilful; Bhasera and Madjo play with a lot of pride and aggression; Cowan-Hall looked useful; Guerreri is quick and skilful; Luke Young may develop into a very good player--he looks fit, kills the ball quickly and distributes simply and accurately. On the negative side--where's the passion and the energy? Some of the players don't look fit. There were several times last night when Argyle had a throw in and our guys couldn't rustle up the motivation to move into space--when that starts happening you know something is fundamentally wrong. Like most of the posters on here I've watched a lot of football over the last 50 years and you can tell when things reach a tipping point. Young ex-players don't generally succeed as managers in my experience--particularly with the teams they used to play for--changing from one of the lads to a manager is a big step.

So everybody else has an opinion on Carl Fletcher so why not an Arsenal fan who has got caught up with supporting Argyle since moving to the SW? I think he has to go--Mr Brent needs to bite the bullet and recruit some grizzled old veteran (I heard Bruce Rioch mentioned--although he must be a 108 by now)--and money must be invested in quality players. It will be no good having the best facility in non-league football, particularly if the main source of income, the supporters, stop coming.

Good luck to the lads on Saturday--I hope they can raise their game.

Sorry to hear about Alex Macdonald's loss--he did well to turn up last night.
Bruce Roich is a good shout, perhaps to support Fletch as a director of football, inject some much needed experience as a last chance saloon.