Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Dec 3, 2005
Well the point is a new coach and backroom staff might be able to coach these below average league two players to pass, control, defend and shoot!

This IS the basic's of being a 'professional footballer' isn't it?????

If not then we can all be a professional footballer!!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
So glad I had a few hours to post on here after the game rather than post my thoughts straight after the game finished. My post match comments would have contained a few expletives.

Strangely enough I thought that we still looked the better team in the first half despite the sending off. Dorchester did not create all that much, apart from the header against the post. As soon as they scored the goal it was a different story. Our game just completely went to pot.

Just a few points whilst I remember them:

1, Rhys Griffiths - I am hoping (praying) that he is short of match fitness or not quite fit, because if that's the best he has got then he is not good enough. It reminded me of watching Chadwick.

2, Luke Young - I'm not sure what's happened here, he does possess some ability but at the moment it seems to have disappeared. He gave the ball to Dorchester players more than ours/ His corners/crosses were awful.

3, Conor Hourihane - I felt it was very harsh to get sent off for that early free kick. How many times do you see players trying that routine and if the ref aint happy he just gets them to take it again without penalisation. This ref certainly wanted to make his mark. Saying that, Conor's first yellow was ugly and def deserved.

4, Guy Madjo - Why on earth was this guy not involved? Crazy. He looks by far our most threatening forward yet does not even get on the pitch. Madness. The only forward who can hold the ball up and we leave him on the bench....

5, Durrell Berry - for me the Argyle player of the game. Great how he has improved so much in 12 months. We will do well to hold onto him come the end of the season.

T

Tim Chown

Berry has been excellent all season.

I'd assumed Madjo was unavailable due to Aldershot not wanting him cup-tied, but then he appeared on the bench.

Aug 7, 2010
Pafcintheplace":bp83pzae said:
Think the criticism of the two Griffiths' is over the top.

Lowry is on his way back from injury, so will take time to see his true ability.

Berry played well - what's the twitter tantrum all about? Grow up.

Young was diabolical unacceptable performance from a professional footballer.

Gilmartin looked dodgy!

To be honest getting called one of the worst RB's of all time is totally out of order..not surprised its a lone view and justifies his anger.

Berry is easily one of the best defenders in the league and wouldnt be surprised to see him go in January..

N

NorfolkGreen

Tim Chown":2z8lgc9e said:
Berry has been excellent all season.

I'd assumed Madjo was unavailable due to Aldershot not wanting him cup-tied, but then he appeared on the bench.

I wonder if Fletch wanted to rest a couple of players?

Nov 6, 2011
Argyle-sy":sz7f515f said:
Oh, I hope that the idiots in Exeter shirts and with Exeter scarfs got what was coming to them as well, Exeter weren't playing so there was absolutely no need for that kind of provocation.

I hate to say it, but Exeter will stomp us into the ground if we play like that against them.

B

bizzay1

I watched on espn and something I mentioned on a couple of threads earlier came to mind, we are a lightweight team which when the going is good to firm we CAN play football but the pitch at dorchester, like many others we will play at in the winter months, was boggy and reminded me of the olden days. With heavy going and water underfoot we are going to struggle badly.

P

Paul_Roberts

Emu":3rb9evmb said:
So glad I had a few hours to post on here after the game rather than post my thoughts straight after the game finished. My post match comments would have contained a few expletives.

Strangely enough I thought that we still looked the better team in the first half despite the sending off. Dorchester did not create all that much, apart from the header against the post. As soon as they scored the goal it was a different story. Our game just completely went to pot.

Just a few points whilst I remember them:

1, Rhys Griffiths - I am hoping (praying) that he is short of match fitness or not quite fit, because if that's the best he has got then he is not good enough. It reminded me of watching Chadwick.

2, Luke Young - I'm not sure what's happened here, he does possess some ability but at the moment it seems to have disappeared. He gave the ball to Dorchester players more than ours/ His corners/crosses were awful.

3, Conor Hourihane - I felt it was very harsh to get sent off for that early free kick. How many times do you see players trying that routine and if the ref aint happy he just gets them to take it again without penalisation. This ref certainly wanted to make his mark. Saying that, Conor's first yellow was ugly and def deserved.

4, Guy Madjo - Why on earth was this guy not involved? Crazy. He looks by far our most threatening forward yet does not even get on the pitch. Madness. The only forward who can hold the ball up and we leave him on the bench....

5, Durrell Berry - for me the Argyle player of the game. Great how he has improved so much in 12 months. We will do well to hold onto him come the end of the season.

Agree with all of that, Emu.

Despite us being a man short, we were very comfortable in the first half. Dorchester didn't come at us like I thought they would after the sending off, and I was looking forward to seeing as push on in the second half.

But instead of the part-timers tiring as the game went on, it was our players who looked knackered. You know that dream when you're running away from someone but can't go any faster than slow motion? That was our second-half performance yesterday - they looked like they were wearing lead boots.

Okay, so we were missing our 'playmaker' (so much as you can call him that), but we were supposed to be the professionals, the team that does nothing but practise football, play football and think football. They had a Spanish waiter on their team for God's sake!

What was most frustrating was how easy a ride their keeper had. He looked completely terrified before the game and throughout the second half, and yet we effectively gave him the afternoon off. He'll have many more difficult games in their Blue Square South games this season.

Once again the club's loyal fans have been shafted by a sub-standard bunch of oiks who don't deserve to wear the shirt. Sick of it.

May 22, 2006
Although that was desperately disappointing, it was nowhere near as bad as Stourbridge last year.

Gilmartin looked reasonable and a keeper who can actually kick the ball. Berry and Bhas were good and Griff and Nelse was okay- shame he fluffed a couple of headers but he's not supposed to be in the side as a goalscorer. Dorchester had done their homework on Andre and man marked him. Hourihane's sending off was silly and had a major impact on the game - losing us height in the team which we already have a weakness due to the size of the players. Hourihane really does need to control his tackling though as he's no use when he's suspended. With the midfield down in numbers it was difficult to produce much for the front men. Young's first cross into the box was superb but after that he really struggled. It wasn't the finest hour for the Fireman and why Madjo was not brought on was a mystery. We needed a lone stiker to hold the ball up but Griffiths failed to do so (his setting up of Bhas in the first half was a positive).The substitutions of Lowry and Griffiths took even more height from the team and yet we resorted to trying to pump balls into the area making it so easy for their defenders.

The Dorchester players were simply more up for it than our team. The soaking pitch was a leveller and it hindered a passing game that we are trying to play. The ref reducing us to ten men for most of the game gave Dorchester a lift and tipped things in their favour. Dorchester deserve credit for the way they played.

We are not a bad team but could now do with a couple of wins to restore confidence. I would love it if we can get to Wembley for the JPT. We could all do with something to cheer us up.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Dont usually do this but thought i'd put some ratings out there;
Gilmartin; 4. Couldn't have prevented the goal and caught most crosses but fumbled at a shot, kicked the ball directly into touch on more than
once.
Berry; 8. An accomplished performance. Perhaps the only player who actually showed that he is a professional, full time player
Blanchard; 5. Was average. Made us look even more laughable when he crudely felled their goalscorer
Nelson; 5. Average. Should have done better on 2 occasions in the opposition box, their centre half showed ours how to attack the ball from a
cross when he hit the post
S. Griffiths; 5. Defending OK. Distribution abysmal
Lowry; 5. Short of match-fitness, but hey that's what you get when you insist on signing crocks. At least mustered a shot. Extra point given for
being let down by that moron Hourihane.
Hourihane; 0. With this performance I'm sure he'll yet again be CF's 1st name on the teamsheet. Complete imbecile who by rights should have
been off in the 3rd minute, and no I don't care about a similar challenge by a Dorchester player, I care about what our player
does. There's every chance the ref made such a balls-up of sending him off because he realised that he should have gone earlier.
Now that they're getting paid I would dock him a weeks wages but I expect Fletch will give him a big cuddle and tell him not to
worry it was all the big bad ref's fault and that he's still as good as Zidane.
Lennox; 5. Had a couple of runs first half. Nowhere to be seen as the game wore on
Gurrieri; 5. Managed something resembling a shot in the first half, covered a fair amount of ground
Bhasera; 7. Our only attacking threat, shame he had to play in two positions, one of them being striker
R Griffiths; 1. Didn't hold it up once when the ball was played to him. Watched him pass it directly to opposition players several times. Not league
standard.

Young; 1. Point for comedy. Anyone who has 3 attempts in a row to cross the ball and makes a mess of them as badly as he did should be in
pantomime not professional football

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Thankfully had a good nights sleep despite yesterdays "performance" the nightmares didnt keep me awake.

And yet in the morning it still looks as bad. Is this a knee jerk after losing to non league, part timers? Possibly , but only in part, this was the same clueless performance both tactically and fitness wise we ahve had to endure for too long.

We have a lot of small "wingers" with no real pace, those same players are over run in midfield as there is no muscle or height. Lowry, I hear you cry, but he doesnt really look fit and for all the physical presence he should bring he doesnt.

Tactically if you play 2 wingers and a tall front man you expect to see the wing men looking to get to the byline, but they dont and they dont with such regularity that it must be part of a plan.

We are seeing another season of the ball being played on the ground but only amongst, for the most part, the keeper and back four, the bit where it goes to midfield and then a defence splitting pass we are still waiting for.

Hotlips clearly deserved to get sent off with that first tackle. Theres often a fine line between technique and petulence, yesterday was the latter and its not isolated. But even so we should have had enough and the sad truth is we didnt.

And here is the point, Dorchester deserved to win,it was no fluke. They played simple football, 2 wingers, that kept us occupied, who were under orders to get to the byline and cross. And they did. They had a tall dominating centre half who won everything except strangely, man of the match. So after a massive summer rebuild we stil have no height and muscle or creativity in midfield, no regular goal scorer and no pace on the flanks. Or Plan B

In the League we are 18th and deserve to be.

We are out of the Cup and deserve to be.

I think a change is needed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sums it up. What we are doing as a football club isn't working. If something doesn't work you change it.

Boils down to the 3 questions:

Does Brent share the same concerns?
Has Brent got the bollocks to act?
Has Brent got the fianances to act?

May 21, 2010
taunton
Not sure if Brents man enough to get rid of Fletch and coaching staff, job for the boys springs to mind. At the end of the day things havnt greatly improved from this time last season, we are going to remain crap if something dosnt change, otherwise we will have to put up with this crap for years to come. My god am i jealous of what teams like Blackpool, Hull, Swansea and Qpr have achieved, too right i am.

I was disappointed initially when I found out that the game would be screened while I was on a train from Yorkshire to London. Seeing the comments, I was glad I didn't watch it, having suffered the Stourbridge game on ESPN last year. So my brief football synopsis from the weekend would be that I saw Knaresborough beat Louth 3-2 in a very entertaining match. £5 got me entry, a programme and a half-time draw ticket. Think I got the better football deal this weekend.

M

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Compton Green":3o1wuyka said:
To be honest getting called one of the worst RB's of all time is totally out of order..not surprised its a lone view and justifies his anger.
If that is with reference to my comment last night then I'm sorry it wasn't meant to mean 'of all-time' as in all of football, just in my time of watching Argyle. And I was fairly peeved myself last night so said what I felt rather than bite my tongue as I normally would. He has youth on his side and has shown great improvement and long may that continue, and certainly wasn't one of the poorer players in the side yesterday.