Brief Synopsis!!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
1) No PCH and Purse (injured) or MacDonald (avoiding being cup-tied). Start for Rhys Griffiths as the front man with Bhasera wide left and Lennox wide right. Nelson partnered Blanchard in the centre of defence.

2) Argyle started brightly but then an innocuous challenge brought a yellow for Hourihane. Minutes later and Lennox was flattened in the corner - no card. After an age Hourihane took it and got a second then a red. Shades of Cowburn at Oldham. Not long after and a Dorchester player dived on the edge of the box - foul said the ref!! Awful.

3) Argyle with the first shot on goal by Gurrieri. Despite being down to 10 Argyle kept possession well. Argyle broke from a corner through Lennox, he was tripped. Taken too deep. As the first half wore on Dorchester began to come into it. They rattled the post from a shot and began to exploit the midfield gaps. Gurrieri and Lennox (playing on both flanks at times) won a corner but again the ball was hit too long.

4) Lowry had a good long range shot but it was easily saved. Gurrieri lost a Dorchester player and Gilmartin could only parry the shot, Nelson cleared. Gurrieri had a good first half as did the defenders. Lennox and Bhasera were patchy at best and Rhys Griffiths struggled with no-one to play off him. The sending off disrupted the play and made the game more even though it was Argyle that had the bulk of possession.

5) Argyle started the second-half brightly but were outdone by a cross-field ball that was buried easily after Scott Griffiths lost his footing. It was what the game needed to be honest as I felt Fletcher was thinking about holding out for a draw. Dorchester had a purple patch following the goal.

6) Dorchester were dominating and a change was needed. Young replaced Lennox as Fletcher looked to stabilise midfield. Rhys Griffiths was having a mare and we needed someone to hold the ball up and bring midfield into the game more. Feeney came on for Lowry with 18 to go. Chasing the game, it didn't inspire confidence.

7) Blanchard had a shot well over from a corner then Bhasera burst into the box but passed when he should have shot. Cowan-Hall came on for Rhys Griffiths with 2 short forwards we started lumping it long!! At the end Nelson played as an extra forward but all too late and too casual. Young's corners were very poor.

8 ) The officials were shocking. The ref appeared to want to make a name for himself in front of the cameras and he was ably supported by two linesmen who shared the same view. Just like Wotton at Oldham, Hourihane was probably quick taking it but the ref's decision was a pedantic one. Never mind the reffing though this was a poor performance and we got what we deserved. Too many players didn't look interested and certainly the team-talk at half-time could not have been inspiring.

9) Goodish turn out from the Green Army but there were loads of gaps. As usual with a season ticket based crowd we were quieter than normal for an away game, apart from after the sending off. Dorchester fans bulked out by the usual FA cup minnow support were in good voice and outsung us for long periods especially after they scored and for most of the second-half.

10) Fletcher out - this is a new low.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Number 10 sums it up for me.

Dec 27, 2004
Southampton
Lowry not fit, shouldn't have started. As soon as Conor picked up that first you felt he would go early in a game like this. I've only seen our left back loanee here and at cheltenham, he's looked awful twice. Berry the only plus for me, our best player in my opinion.

Aug 15, 2008
I refer you Mark to your point about innocuous challenge - just saw replays and he should have got red to be fair.

Rest of it i agree with... Even point 10. I have had enough.

P

Paul_Roberts

Wet, cold and thoroughly depressed.

18th in League Two, dumped out of the FA Cup by a bunch of part-timers... but at least we're getting a shiny new grandstand, hey! Very peed off right now, so better sign off, get home, and sleep on it before I say any more.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
As at Stourbridge last year Dorchester were well up for it and gave a good account of themselves. But last year's FA Cup exit was supposed to be an all time low. Again indiscipline cost us - it was a harsh sending off but as the professional side we should have shown greater discipline.
We coped well in the first half but in the second our play was desperate from the off. The introduction of Young made sense but it was disastrous - his delivery was appalling. This game was not screaming out for Warren Feeney but on he came, while the presence of Madjo remained unveiled on the bench
Embarrassed for two years in a row. Gutted. We should have done better but again lacked heart.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Paul_Roberts":27ad3euz said:
Wet, cold and thoroughly depressed.

18th in League Two, dumped out of the FA Cup by a bunch of part-timers... but at least we're getting a shiny new grandstand, hey! Very peed off right now, so better sign off, get home, and sleep on it before I say any more.
To think of all the scrapbooks i used to keep mate :facepalm: :oops: :banghead:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Watched on tv. That was diabolical - we have been well beaten by non-league opposition for the second season in a row and it hurts. I thought we sort of held it together in the first half considering we went down to ten men early, and Bhasera's run and shot was pretty good, but that's where the postitives end. As I said, we were well beaten and a team of 'professional' (don't make me laugh) players should be embarrassed with themselves. Hourihane can have no complaints - it wasn't a harsh sending off, it was just unusual. His disciplinary record is akin to that of a naughty schoolboy. Why are we relying on such players? Once he was off I immediately said that I couldn't see us scoring in a month of Sundays and still I was surprised by just how badly we played. We were under the cosh for the majority of the game and that for Fletcher has to be the most damning cristicism of all - I could sort of deal with losing 1-0 to a flukey goal if it had been Dorchester's only attack but we were soundly beaten and had little answer to them. This is a new low for me and to think I was even vaguely optimistic after the recent back-to-back wins! My optimism clearly got the better of me.

Jul 6, 2011
kingobadingo":2xv6bq1z said:
Lowry not fit, shouldn't have started. As soon as Conor picked up that first you felt he would go early in a game like this. I've only seen our left back loanee here and at cheltenham, he's looked awful twice. Berry the only plus for me, our best player in my opinion.

and Baz for me
Agree about Lowry, just not fit. Should have started with Young, but at the end of the day Dorchester wanted it more than we did. Worst performance so far this season, bl00dy awful and Fletch needs to really lay into them,no more mr nice guy.
Referee was definitely from the planet Zog and we were wondering if he would be the only bloke left on the pitch by half-time. Where on earth do they get these officials from??

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
1) Are there any refs that aren't useless at this level?

2) Nelson, Young and Lecointe looked good when they first got in the team. Now they look poo. We need better coaches.

3) We have a grand total of 3 people (Hourihane, Gurrieri and Rhys Griffiths) in our entire squad who can actually pass a football.

4) Send scott griffiths back to peterborough, he looks sh1te.

5) Lowry looks nothing special.

6) There is no point in sacking Fletcher - I don't see any manager getting any more out the loads and loads of average/poo players we have in our squad.

Ratings:
Gilmartin 4
Berry 8 m.o.t.m (by a country mile)
Nelson 4
Blanchard 5
S Griffiths 4
Hourihane 3
Lowry 4
Lennox 4
Gurrieri 5
Bhasera 5
R Griffiths 4

Young 4
Feeney 5
Cowan-Hall 6

Team for Burton:

Cole

Berry
Purse
Blanchard
Williams

Lowry
Gurrieri

MacDonald
Cowan-Hall
Bhasera

Madjo

Finally:

Fed up of making excuses about this team every time we don't win. This is the straw that has broken the camel's back. We are not good enough.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Green_Matt":1r6lqz0v said:
Watched on tv. That was diabolical - we have been well beaten by non-league opposition for the second season in a row and it hurts. I thought we sort of held it together in the first half considering we went down to ten men early, and Bhasera's run and shot was pretty good, but that's where the postitives end. As I said, we were well beaten and a team of 'professional' (don't make me laugh) players should be embarrassed with themselves. Hourihane can have no complaints - it wasn't a harsh sending off, it was just unusual. His disciplinary record is akin to that of a naughty schoolboy. Why are we relying on such players? Once he was off I immediately said that I couldn't see us scoring in a month of Sundays and still I was surprised by just how badly we played. We were under the cosh for the majority of the game and that for Fletcher has to be the most damning cristicism of all - I could sort of deal with losing 1-0 to a flukey goal if it had been Dorchester's only attack but we were soundly beaten and had little answer to them. This is a new low for me and to think I was even vaguely optimistic after the recent back-to-back wins! My optimism clearly got the better of me.
Sums it up for me as well.You dont get many days worse than today.

Mar 18, 2006
Pointless sacking Fletcher.
New Manager would have to sell / get rid of players first, and who would want the majority ?
Wouldn't be given any money to spend, and could do little until January anyway.
Just hoping we can finish outside the bottom 2.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Dan Ellard":29terjqm said:
Don't disagree with much of your post but this sticks out like a sore thumb. Berry is currently in a close battle with Jon Ashton for worst right-back of all time in my opinion.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":2fjp1ja3 said:
Dan Ellard":2fjp1ja3 said:
Don't disagree with much of your post but this sticks out like a sore thumb. Berry is currently in a close battle with Jon Ashton for worst right-back of all time in my opinion.

Had their winger in his pocket all game! Maybe 8 was a bit of a generous rating, maybe he looked extra good as everyone else was so awful.

Don't see why you don't rate him - going forward he isn't great but he hardly ever gets beaten - only when coming up against a real quality winger does he sometimes come unstuck.

Who was your man of the match for argyle today out of interest?