Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Ratings:
Gilmartin 5- steady
Berry 6- did well. Wasnt "done" very often, and has strength
Nelson 4- did ok
Blanchard 3- did ok- should have been sent off 2nd half
S Griffiths 5- did ok- would like to keep this lad.
Hourihane 0- should have been sent off for the first challenge. Awfull player and had just returned from a suspension
Lowry 4- Not fit, had one good shot.
Lennox 4- Not his type of game
Gurrieri 5- Not his type of game
Bhasera 8- Argyles best player. Looked a threat on the ball. Have missed him
R Griffiths 2- Awful first touch and couldn't deal with it up top by himself. Send him back

Young 2. Awfull. Cannot cross a ball, Had 4/5 attempts.
Feeney 4. Looked the only player with urgency
Cowan-Hall- Didnt have long enough to impact the game.

Time for Brent to grow a pair! Embarrassing

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Think the criticism of the two Griffiths' is over the top.

Lowry is on his way back from injury, so will take time to see his true ability.

Berry played well - what's the twitter tantrum all about? Grow up.

Young was diabolical unacceptable performance from a professional footballer.

Gilmartin looked dodgy!

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Pilgrim61":26f45igk said:
Green_Matt":26f45igk said:
Dan Ellard":26f45igk said:
Berry 8 m.o.t.m (by a country mile)
Don't disagree with much of your post but this sticks out like a sore thumb. Berry is currently in a close battle with Jon Ashton for worst right-back of all time in my opinion.
Ridiculous....Berry was our best player.
Today maybe he was, but hardly as good as the 8/10 rating suggests. Maybe it's a little unfair to focus on individuals who haven't necessarily done wrong and yes I do think that he imporved a hell of a lot on the early part of last season but maybe I'm just yet to be convinced. I want to see a team that can get us out of the doldrums, not merely see us look adequate against Dorchester. Sorry if my expectations offended anyone!

My MOTM? Really not sure. Maybe Bhasera because he had a decent effort on goal, but I'm struggling to pick out a player who did particularly well against what was truly weak opposition.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Dreadful, embarrasing performance, played off the park by a team 2 divisions below us simply isn't good enough. As for the ref, I hope somebody does a George Reilly on him, nothing but a cheat, as has been said Lennox was absolutely flattened and he gave no booking and as for thr kung fu kick, that should have been a straight red card as well. So glad I didn't pay to watch that shower of sh1te today, they are an embarrasment to Plymouth Argyle football club.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
NorfolkGreen":3ekt36m5 said:
I watched a patchy stream, what did Gilmartin do to warrant the low scores and criticism?

Had nothing to do apart from the shot in the first half which he spilled, picking the ball out of his net, and one more thing sticking in my mind was that awful 20-yard pass to Griffiths late on that went straight out for a throw-in. Still, had never seen him play before today, he has time to change my first opinion of him.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Dan Ellard":3j7p3isq said:
NorfolkGreen":3j7p3isq said:
I watched a patchy stream, what did Gilmartin do to warrant the low scores and criticism?

Had nothing to do apart from the shot in the first half which he spilled, picking the ball out of his net, and one more thing sticking in my mind was that awful 20-yard pass to Griffiths late on that went straight out for a throw-in. Still, had never seen him play before today, he has time to change my first opinion of him.

Good kicking, but spilled a routine cross and gave away a corner when it could have been avoided. Looked rusty.

Well that was a f***ing embarrassment tonight. :thumbdown: Yet another FA Cup TV display that shows the club in a shocking light, that's what hurts the most. Although it would be just like Argyle to now go and stuff Burton on Wednesday however I'm not hopeful! :sad:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Oh, I hope that the idiots in Exeter shirts and with Exeter scarfs got what was coming to them as well, Exeter weren't playing so there was absolutely no need for that kind of provocation.

Aug 28, 2012
Just back - been trying to blame the referee for the defeat but no it was way more than that - a truly shocking performance. In those conditions in those circumstances we desperately missed Darren Purse - we had no leadership out there today.
Sure it may have been different with 11 men but Dorchester deserved everything they got today.

Jul 6, 2011
James Owen":26mmdfwr said:
Ratings:
Gilmartin 5- steady
Nelson 4- did ok
Hourihane 0- should have been sent off for the first challenge. Awfull player and had just returned from a suspension
R Griffiths 2- Awful first touch and couldn't deal with it up top by himself. Send him back

Sorry mate, but it's your comment that's embarrassing
What a summing up :thumbdown:

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
briangreen":11gc7vpw said:
James Owen":11gc7vpw said:
Ratings:
Gilmartin 5- steady
Nelson 4- did ok

Sorry mate, but it's your comment that's embarrassing
What a summing up :thumbdown:

Care to explain?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Johnson":1q9rgl8j said:
dollygray78":1q9rgl8j said:
Fed up with this 1 up front bollocks, needs 2 up front

This.
Thing is we did badly enough at the start of the season with two up front to go to 4-5-1/4-3-3, then we did badly enough there to revert to 4-4-2, then we did badly enough with that to try a 4-2-3-1 and now we're doing badly enough with that to want 4-4-2 again. I don't think it'll do much better guys!

We've tried different formations, different players and we're still underachieving on a horrendous scale. It pains me to say it, but there's nothing more sadly that can be done now except change the manager immediately.

Berry, Nelson and to an extent Gilmartin were our three decent players. That said though, maybe I was just refreshed by Gilmartin's assertion in his box, an area in which he outshines Cole. The spill was poor, as was his kicking accuracy,

Mar 14, 2009
Watched it on ESPN. I just felt the sending off will create an excuse for some for that shocking performance.

What the hell has happened to Luke Young? Has he totally lost his confidence? He cant even lift a ball into the area when we had a corner. I cant remember how many chances he had in one period of play but he just couldnt lift it beyond the first man.

Dorchester were what they are. A battle hardened non league side who raised their game. Having said that I kept thinking how poor we were and I was thinking how poor they were as well.

How many times do we see in a league game a ref say not to take the free kick before they blow their whistle and then the player ignores this only for the free kick to be taken. Then the ref makes them take it again with no booking. Its fine having these rules but then only enforcing it on the odd occasion makes a mochery of the game.

We didnt have a shot all game. Yet this is normally what happens in most games.

People think give Fletcher more time because of the stuff they seen in games. Is this the odd 20 mins purple patches of decent football in every one game from about three? Its simply not enough.

We have been crap from too many years. Its time for Argyle fans not to accept performances like we saw today and I'm afraid ask for change.

People say whats the point of sacking Fletcher because it will be the same bunch of average players. Well the point is a new coach and backroom staff might be able to coach these below average league two players to pass, control, defend and shoot!