Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Stourbridge defeat had a small amount of mitigation with the situation the club was in. Yesterday's defeat didn't, even with the sending off the performance was inexcusable.

Aug 22, 2006
Emu":29jws9ry said:
So glad I had a few hours to post on here after the game rather than post my thoughts straight after the game finished. My post match comments would have contained a few expletives.

Strangely enough I thought that we still looked the better team in the first half despite the sending off. Dorchester did not create all that much, apart from the header against the post. As soon as they scored the goal it was a different story. Our game just completely went to pot.

Just a few points whilst I remember them:

1, Rhys Griffiths - I am hoping (praying) that he is short of match fitness or not quite fit, because if that's the best he has got then he is not good enough. It reminded me of watching Chadwick.

2, Luke Young - I'm not sure what's happened here, he does possess some ability but at the moment it seems to have disappeared. He gave the ball to Dorchester players more than ours/ His corners/crosses were awful.

3, Conor Hourihane - I felt it was very harsh to get sent off for that early free kick. How many times do you see players trying that routine and if the ref aint happy he just gets them to take it again without penalisation. This ref certainly wanted to make his mark. Saying that, Conor's first yellow was ugly and def deserved.

4, Guy Madjo - Why on earth was this guy not involved? Crazy. He looks by far our most threatening forward yet does not even get on the pitch. Madness. The only forward who can hold the ball up and we leave him on the bench....

5, Durrell Berry - for me the Argyle player of the game. Great how he has improved so much in 12 months. We will do well to hold onto him come the end of the season.

Agree - also felt a bit sorry for Gurrieri as he had to drop far deeper and did at least cover a lot of ground and tried to make things happen. We looked far better when PCH was introduced (although far too late) and the fact Madjo didn't appear was baffling to say the least.

Very disappointing although again I like to repeat playing a game of footie with 10 men for nearly 90 minutes against a side 2 divisions below doesn't mean we're still going to cruise it. I think the issue we have is the lack of urgency, the quality of some of the players touches and the final ball. IF we had created half a dozen good chances and lost then yes i'm sure we would have all been more sympathetic but some of that second half display was p*ss-poor.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Green_Matt":2cl2ilub said:
Compton Green":2cl2ilub said:
To be honest getting called one of the worst RB's of all time is totally out of order..not surprised its a lone view and justifies his anger.
If that is with reference to my comment last night then I'm sorry it wasn't meant to mean 'of all-time' as in all of football, just in my time of watching Argyle. And I was fairly peeved myself last night so said what I felt rather than bite my tongue as I normally would. He has youth on his side and has shown great improvement and long may that continue, and certainly wasn't one of the poorer players in the side yesterday.

So out of all the praise, and general concensus that he's one of our best players, and a top full-back for this league he throws a hissy because of one comment. Sensitive little flower isn't he.

I expect he was just joining in with the rest of the people within the dressing room/club who like to act the martyr about all those nasty paying customers who have the audacity to criticise them. Never mind these people pay their wages.

Durrel is still only young and has a great future in the game, not sure about many others in that squad.
Fletcher's certainly on borrowed time and the performance of Luke Young was an absolute disgrace.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Pafcintheplace":7ehcnj37 said:
Green_Matt":7ehcnj37 said:
Compton Green":7ehcnj37 said:
To be honest getting called one of the worst RB's of all time is totally out of order..not surprised its a lone view and justifies his anger.
If that is with reference to my comment last night then I'm sorry it wasn't meant to mean 'of all-time' as in all of football, just in my time of watching Argyle. And I was fairly peeved myself last night so said what I felt rather than bite my tongue as I normally would. He has youth on his side and has shown great improvement and long may that continue, and certainly wasn't one of the poorer players in the side yesterday.

So out of all the praise, and general concensus that he's one of our best players, and a top full-back for this league he throws a hissy because of one comment. Sensitive little flower isn't he.

I expect he was just joining in with the rest of the people within the dressing room/club who like to act the martyr about all those nasty paying customers who have the audacity to criticise them. Never mind these people pay their wages.

Durrel is still only young and has a great future in the game, not sure about many others in that squad.
Fletcher's certainly on borrowed time and the performance of Luke Young was an absolute disgrace.

Bit harsh though that berry got any critisism at all, he looked that part last night. A rare bright spot.

I hate to single individuals out, but I havnet seen an Argyle Player play as badly as Luke Young yesterday since Taibo West fell out of his stanner stairlift one matchday.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Something else that I found bizarre was the replacement of our one big striker (Griffiths) with two smaller ones (Feeney and Cowan-Hall) which then meant that Madjo couldn't come on so that in the end Nelson was moved up front. Surely a better substitution would have been to replace Griffiths with Madjo or to bring Madjo on as well in place of one of the defenders (e.g. Nelson, who Fletcher was clearly prepared to sacrifice from a defensive point of view in the end). But then I would have started with Madjo instead of Griffiths and Cowan-Hall instead of Lennox in the first place. (However, I do appreciate that I am not a football manager)

And what exactly was the logic of replacing the regular goalkeeper and thereby giving the defence, which was already missing it's usual leader, something else to have to get used to.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Darren Purse has changed his name on twitter. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Womble":naixucsx said:
Pafcintheplace":naixucsx said:
Green_Matt":naixucsx said:
Compton Green":naixucsx said:

Bit harsh though that berry got any critisism at all, he looked that part last night. A rare bright spot.

I hate to single individuals out, but I havnet seen an Argyle Player play as badly as Luke Young yesterday since Taibo West fell out of his stanner stairlift one matchday.

Entirely agree Womble.