Brief Synopsis!!! (Wigan) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Wigan)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lesley Somerville":10mme1km said:
Agree with the main thread that we played well against a team with better players and a ref who let them get away with too much sheer physical abuse of our players. Disagree with comments re Ness, Sarcs and Lameiras, who I thought played well enough although all three faded as the game went on. Yes we miss Toums, who wouldn't, but we may not be able to replace him. I don't think our current midfield is that bad and Sarcs has most definitely upped his game. Wish he could shoot though, but maybe that will improve. Ness has only played two games since coming back and has surprised me so far, better than I remember from the start of the season. This whole team is unrecognisable from that of Sept/October. So I'm a bit disappointed because I think 3-1 flatters Wigan but overall we put in an energetic and committed team performance with plenty of attacking intent. I'm 90% happy with that.
Good post.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pretty honest assessment from PC.

Speaking post-match with iFollow Latics, Cook explained:

“I thought it was a very difficult game; Plymouth were excellent in the game, they kept knocking on the door and started well.

“We never got into our rhythm like we normally do away from home and didn’t dominate the ball and Ryan Taylor caused us a lot of problems.

“I felt the second goal came at such a crucial time because we weren’t the better team on the pitch and, makes no bones about it, Plymouth were the more aggressive team and caused us problems but for them the third goal was a hammer blow and they definitely didn’t deserve that on the day.

Oct 31, 2015
I think I was watching a different game in the Demport end compared to some?

Reuban, GC10 and Fox were causing them all sorts of issues snd there were times they were on the rack particularly in the 1st half. I also think Ness had one of his best gsmes but did tire very quickly in the second half.

Taylor struggled against their CBs but made a fist of it but I thoight both Oscar and Sawyer struggled a bit today. Sarcs did well but should have scored to make it 2-2. He gets everywhere filling the gaps but he cannot finish. I thought Reme could have done more today with their 1st goal and the 2nd goal was a push on Fox and a clear foul..

Once Reuban went off I thought that was game over tbh because our movement fell off.

I thought the first half was by far the best game of Football I jave seen this season.

Fox MOM and becoming mr dependable. Just needs Toums next to him :)

I left HP quite content.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
I thought todays game showed just where we are at and how we have progressed in the last season and a half. Now DA appears to have abandoned the ultra defensive tactic, players are allowed to express themselves more, and in recent weeks have provided a much more entertaining style of play. Imo we are have become a solid middle of the table side able to give anyone in the division a run for their money. Today also showed where we come up short (and that is plain for anyone to see). I for one am happy with the progress, but hope there is sufficient ambition in the club to go to the next level and not settle for what we have got.

Nov 16, 2006
Thought it was one of the better matches at Home Park and no complaints. It was good to remember Edwards, although Vyner settled in quite well. I think he will improve as he had an input in all three Wigan goals. The first and second he drifted off his man, especially the second goal. (You could have driven a bus through the gap he left), and the third was an own goal. Personally, I would have preferred to see Songo in the back 4, only because of his experience.
Nevertheless, Adams will play them the video of the match and will sort it out.
Small points, but overall a lot of positives.

Aug 11, 2013
Why wasn’t their player sent off for the foul on Carey which led to penalty? No attempt to play ball? Prevented a goal scoring opportunity? Another rule change?

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Argyle played very well and 3-1 is very harsh.
We lost because of all our huff and puff Wigan were more clynical and that's no disgrace.
Proud the way the team played and thought the GREEN ARMY were class once more......

Oct 20, 2015
Interesting to hear the amount of respect paid to niggly Wigan, despite them having next to no travelling support. Wycombe played a similar type of game off the ball, gamesmanship and off-ball fouls but I guess Wigan have some skill and class with it. Shame Cook feels he has to use those tactics.

Reading the summaries it sounds like we may have scraped a draw had Toums still been in the team. I take heart from the positive comments and to be beaten by a Championship level side is no disgrace.

I'm also heartened that both our new starters got a run out and didn't disgrace themselves, so that's promising. So proud of the GA on 5 min, Edwards must have had a tear in his eye.

Apr 9, 2011
Wigan are a horrible niggly side , very well coached in the "dark arts" a throw back to the Wigan of old. How their no 5 stayed on the pitch is a mystery & their no 33 should have been booked for his " celebrating" of their third goal. Definitely the best team lost draw would have been a fair result , 3- 1 completely flattered them. The free kick for their equaliser was taken with a moving ball & about 5 yds from where the offence was committed, Fox was clearly pushed over in the build up to their second & that after we should have been awarded a corner.Sincerely hope they do get promoted it will mean we wont be playing them next season.!
As for the officials don't know what Ferguson would have made of them, less said the better ,abysmal.
As I feared we are going to so miss Toums

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Another enjoyable game. Argyle played particularly well 1st half, with some good moves largely orchestrated by Fox and Carey and should have been ahead, but got mugged by 2 swift goals - imagine Wigan have been doing that all season to teams. 2nd half we continued the fight but ultimately the 3rd goal finished us off and we ended the game hitting longer and longer balls to Taylor and Church to little effect. Overall a good performance against a team who will certainly get promoted and who knew they were in a game today. Finally the reaction by all to Ryan Edwards, whose name was sung before, during and after the game - Class.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a shame some teams use the head injury rule to feign an injury and stop a game when the opposition is attacking. It's creeping more and more into the game.

The rule was brought in to safeguard players and for the most part it works but today while Argyle were on the attack a Wigan player went down with a head injury, the ref was obliged to stop the game to allow treatment but the Wigan player soon recovered, didn't look at all that he was harmed and was soon running around. Job done.

It must be so difficult for referee's who have to look after the players but also let the game flow and not succumb to the black arts.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
phil-thefluter24":wnkli51n said:
Wigan are a horrible niggly side , very well coached in the "dark arts" a throw back to the Wigan of old. How their no 5 stayed on the pitch is a mystery & their no 33 should have been booked for his " celebrating" of their third goal. Definitely the best team lost draw would have been a fair result , 3- 1 completely flattered them. The free kick for their equaliser was taken with a moving ball & about 5 yds from where the offence was committed, Fox was clearly pushed over in the build up to their second & that after we should have been awarded a corner.Sincerely hope they do get promoted it will mean we wont be playing them next season.!
As for the officials don't know what Ferguson would have made of them, less said the better ,abysmal.
i disagree about fox being pushed.it was a block tackle that the wigan bloke won fair and square to me.i thought their equaliser was a very soft goal

Apr 9, 2011
RichieB":3kv5tgxn said:
Argyle played very well and 3-1 is very harsh.
We lost because of all our huff and puff Wigan were more clynical and that's no disgrace.
Proud the way the team played and thought the GREEN ARMY were class once more......
For "clynical" insert cynical

Apr 9, 2011
Steve Evans":33f1ahds said:
phil-thefluter24":33f1ahds said:
i disagree about fox being pushed.it was a block tackle that the wigan bloke won fair and square to me.i thought their equaliser was a very soft goal
Yes it was , also as already stated allowed to be taken from the wrong place & with a rolling ball so should have been disallowed, take it you agree with my other points I made then ????