Brief Synopsis Fleetwood | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis Fleetwood

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
An interesting assessment of Conor Grant And his value as a wing back.

Id like to see these actually moments on video from this season where he beats people in offensive duel success. Seeing it’s 62.89% there should be loads of examples.

l don’t question his delivery. Yet when the article talks about his poor defensive stats, it’s because he doesn’t have the energy to run back and help the defence whilst keeping his position high up the pitch.

The guy could potentially be one of the best left backs in the division. With a wide player ahead of him he wouldn’t need the energy levels a wing back requires because he has support in a wide area.

Yet as a wing back the 1st Fleetwood goal sums up his defensive frailties in that role

https://youtu.be/3FW0r1nFj80

Go to 35 secs in the video. Watch as the move is with the Fleetwood player at the top of the picture with the ball. Just as he is about to pass it, look at Grant suddenly reacting to the danger. It’s way too late. The few seconds he lost standing around ball watching is the few seconds he was short by to get back and help block the shot.

It wasn’t just his fault. But unfortunately this highlights just how switched on you need to be when playing the role. How you constantly need to have the energy to get bsck and help, then sprint forward to provide the width.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Wow. Is Sporting Life a kind of auction catalogue for player sales? Did Grant’s agent write that piece?

This was the best line.

”In this case Grant doesn’t need to engage in much defensive activity due to Plymouth’s solid defensive structure. This being said, he does impress aerially.”

l’ve never once heard anyone say how impressed they are by Grant aerially.

However, they highlight his delivery and it has to be said it is decent at this level.

Reactions: Sparkypete

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Id like to see these actually moments on video from this season where he beats people in offensive duel success. Seeing it’s 62.89% there should be loads of examples.

l don’t question his delivery. Yet when the article talks about his poor defensive stats, it’s because he doesn’t have the energy to run back and help the defence whilst keeping his position high up the pitch.

The guy could potentially be one of the best left backs in the division. With a wide player ahead of him he wouldn’t need the energy levels a wing back requires because he has support in a wide area.

Yet as a wing back the 1st Fleetwood goal sums up his defensive frailties in that role

https://youtu.be/3FW0r1nFj80

Go to 35 secs in the video. Watch as the move is with the Fleetwood player at the top of the picture with the ball. Just as he is about to pass it, look at Grant suddenly reacting to the danger. It’s way too late. The few seconds he lost standing around ball watching is the few seconds he was short by to get back and help block the shot.

It wasn’t just his fault. But unfortunately this highlights just how switched on you need to be when playing the role. How you constantly need to have the energy to get bsck and help, then sprint forward to provide the width.

Edwards and Grant have been pushed 10 yards further forward in recent games, almost as wingers.
Risk and reward, Edwards scores, Grant concedes.

Feb 9, 2021
This was the best line.

”In this case Grant doesn’t need to engage in much defensive activity due to Plymouth’s solid defensive structure. This being said, he does impress aerially.”

l’ve never once heard anyone say how impressed they are by Grant aerially.

However, they highlight his delivery and it has to be said it is decent at this level.
You must have been sick when you seen this article.
It's praise for one of our players showing how compared to other league 1 wing backs he's one of the best but because it's making you look an absolute fool once again and finally rendering your opinions now to laughable at best
He's one of our players and look how your criticism of the report is bordering on an uncomfortable stalking like obsession
Most argyle fans are overjoyed when there is good reports on one of our players
Being personal continually to one player is disturbing and not what this forum is about
By all means have an opinion but don't make it personal and if you don't believe it then read your posts
Grant is no world beater but certainly one of our most valued players as this report seems to suggest

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Edwards and Grant have been pushed 10 yards further forward in recent games, almost as wingers.
And Grant assists..

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
You must have been sick when you seen this article.
It's praise for one of our players showing how compared to other league 1 wing backs he's one of the best but because it's making you look an absolute fool once again and finally rendering your opinions now to laughable at best
He's one of our players and look how your criticism of the report is bordering on an uncomfortable stalking like obsession
Most argyle fans are overjoyed when there is good reports on one of our players
Being personal continually to one player is disturbing and not what this forum is about
By all means have an opinion but don't make it personal and if you don't believe it then read your posts
Grant is no world beater but certainly one of our most valued players as this report seems to suggest

Why would l be ‘sick’?

It says what a great delivery of the ball he does. Something l have never denied. In fact, always agreed with.

It’s the same article that’s says, “Plymouth’s solid defensive structure”. You shouldn’t swallow every bit of information that is given to you. Yet take an objective look.

What about all the other people on this forum who have an opinion on a player? People for example who don’t think Jephcott is good enough? Are they ‘sick’ when he scores in the last two games? No, they are happy because it helps Argyle get something from the game.

Its just an opinion. On an “Argyle message board”. Its amazing you pick up just my comment when someone else writes about it saying “Did Conor’s Grant agent write that piece?” So who really has the agenda when l’m the only one that gets a reply but questions the actual article.

Who said l didn’t enjoy the article? Another weird assumption you make. I clearly stated l concur with the stats about his good delivery. I end up saying “ he could be one of the best LB’s in the division“. Yeah, that sounds like l have a real agenda about the player. I obviously appreciate something about him.

Tell me are you naive enough that everything that is ever written you agree with?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...on-wanderers-plymouth-transfers-news-20868193

This is what Errington said about Will Aimson after he just signed for Bolton. “'He is a strong, determined defender who should score more goals from attacking set pieces given his aerial power.”

The stats said he was part of defence which conceded 80’s goals. If you got all the statistical data from last season l very much doubt it points to him a strong determined defender. The stats would say rarely threatened at set pieces for us.

Is Errington therefore wrong about his opinion. No. Because unfortunately what you fail to understand is that it’s just an opinion.

l raised a question regarding the article wondering where all these examples of “offensive duals“ were? Instead of highlighting examples and debating the point from the article giving examples in previous games your only point is that l have an agenda. If l had an agenda, l wouldn’t highlight positive things about him as that goes against the idea of having an agenda.

Sometimes people on here never cease to amaze me with the things they write because unfortunately it’s often they already have drawn conclusions about posters that suit their own agenda. The irony.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

If they are being pushed further forward, than previously (and lm not saying your not right in your opinion), why is it then instead of using the flanks (because those two are supposedly further up the pitch) do we instead contuine to pump the ball long down the channels to a Garrick or Hardie.

That’s the bit l don’t understand if lm honest.

Sep 6, 2006
Why would l be ‘sick’?

It says what a great delivery of the ball he does. Something l have never denied. In fact, always agreed with.

It’s the same article that’s says, “Plymouth’s solid defensive structure”. You shouldn’t swallow every bit of information that is given to you. Yet take an objective look.

What about all the other people on this forum who have an opinion on a player? People for example who don’t think Jephcott is good enough? Are they ‘sick’ when he scores in the last two games? No, they are happy because it helps Argyle get something from the game.

Its just an opinion. On an “Argyle message board”. Its amazing you pick up just my comment when someone else writes about it saying “Did Conor’s Grant agent write that piece?” So who really has the agenda when l’m the only one that gets a reply but questions the actual article.

Who said l didn’t enjoy the article? Another weird assumption you make. I clearly stated l concur with the stats about his good delivery. I end up saying “ he could be one of the best LB’s in the division“. Yeah, that sounds like l have a real agenda about the player. I obviously appreciate something about him.

Tell me are you naive enough that everything that is ever written you agree with?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...on-wanderers-plymouth-transfers-news-20868193

This is what Errington said about Will Aimson after he just signed for Bolton. “'He is a strong, determined defender who should score more goals from attacking set pieces given his aerial power.”

The stats said he was part of defence which conceded 80’s goals. If you got all the statistical data from last season l very much doubt it points to him a strong determined defender. The stats would say rarely threatened at set pieces for us.

Is Errington therefore wrong about his opinion. No. Because unfortunately what you fail to understand is that it’s just an opinion.

l raised a question regarding the article wondering where all these examples of “offensive duals“ were? Instead of highlighting examples and debating the point from the article giving examples in previous games your only point is that l have an agenda. If l had an agenda, l wouldn’t highlight positive things about him as that goes against the idea of having an agenda.

Sometimes people on here never cease to amaze me with the things they write because unfortunately it’s often they already have drawn conclusions about posters that suit their own agenda. The irony.
So Errington can't be wrong about an opinion because its just an opinion??

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
So Errington can't be wrong about an opinion because its just an opinion??

It’s just an opinion. You can think he is wrong. Someone else can think he is right. What lm saying is it doesn’t matter. I don’t understand why having an opinion these days that differs from your own gets people so angry.

I don’t know what exactly happened to social media but the way people use it to launch into other people who have differing views is beyond me.

I’m sure part of idea of it was to converse views about subjects with other people. To be a more communicative world. Instead, you have an opinion someone doesn’t like and you are ‘ousted’ because it goes against the grain.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone should be treated with respect.

Unfortunately, it’s too late for all that as people have already made up their own rules of engagement for how you should comment and discuss a topic. It’s absolutely barmy. It’s goes against everything that is individualistic about wanting to be a human being.

People are so scared nowadays to comment on anything because of fear that their opinion is different and they rather not have the reaction to it.

Sad state of affairs we unfortunately live in.

It’s like we live in a society where nobody has ever made a mistake. People just want to make an assumption and pile on in. That lack of understanding and/or forgiveness baffles me. However, that’s a different subject.

Last edited: