Brief Synopsis Fleetwood | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis Fleetwood

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Such a strange game.

We battled, we thought, and then we lost the plot.

You have to say the pitch didn’t help Argyle’s cause.

First half Jephcott scored a loverly goal. Yet too many balls pumped down the pitch and there was little, if no width. Fleetwood through Camp, but mainly lane, got the ball out wide and attacked us down the sides.

Second half was better by Argyle. The second goal was again from a wide area and a loverly run late into the box by Edwards. Why he can’t play where Broom does l don’t know. He has energy, work rate and a eye for a goal. His late runs are the best feature of him as a wing-back so if he was more central Argyle, with him and Camara, would be more of a force in that midfield.

Ennis came on and did well. Scored with a great finish. It looked like we killed the game. Then we just didn’t do the basics right. Their 3rd corner is atrocious defending. Why in earth you letting the ball bounce in the box l don’t know? Especially inside your six yard box. Cooper isn’t physical enough in that situation (whether he is fouled or not) and everyone else is just watching. It’s beyond school boy level of defending.

The performance wasn‘t great but as others have said you just try and win ugly. Yet this now asks more questions about us defensively. We are still too soft defensively to play away from home. Away to Portsmouth we had the game won. They launch it time and time again into the box and get their reward.

Its frustrating. We got a point away from home. It just feels like there are still more questions than answers at this minute regarding the defensive and offensive width that we play with and the opposition pick us apart with. Until this area of the pitch is sorted we will continue to be disjointed.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Shell shocked, gutted & lost for words
Tomorrow is a new day but i will still feel the same

Jul 23, 2021
3 -1 up into the last 10 and we stopped playing. Camara substitution was a pivotal mistake and we have back line issues on the left. Hard to see the 'big picture' tonight.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
We're trying to play killer lingerie balls nonlayjng through the thirds I admit tonight the pitch may not have suited that but uts been the same for a few weeks now
Constant chopping and changing of players is also disrupting the rhythm and that started when Lowe dropped broom for mayor and now its continuing with Schuey although admittedly some have been enforced changes due to injuries we are missing hardie massively although jeph is trying and Ennis played his best game this season tonight

Reactions: DavidDally
Sep 18, 2010
We're trying to play killer lingerie balls nonlayjng through the thirds I admit tonight the pitch may not have suited that but uts been the same for a few weeks now
Constant chopping and changing of players is also disrupting the rhythm and that started when Lowe dropped broom for mayor and now its continuing with Schuey although admittedly some have been enforced changes due to injuries we are missing hardie massively although jeph is trying and Ennis played his best game this season tonight
I love “killer lingerie balls”

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
3 -1 up into the last 10 and we stopped playing. Camara substitution was a pivotal mistake and we have back line issues on the left. Hard to see the 'big picture' tonight.
I'm really struggling to understand how preserving one of your best players with only a few minutes left with a two goal cushion is a mistake?! Surely thats exactly when a manager can expect to blood a player like Lewis off the bench and trust that the 11 players between them can manage the game. Fair enough if it's 1-0 you leave him out there, but it happens week in week out that teams who look to have killed off a game take off a player with a few minutes left in order to a. eat up some time, b. preserve the key player from injury, c. give the fringe player some game time.
The blame lies with the combination of players who allowed the cross in, and gave the striker a virtually uncontested header to get them right back in it...there should have been more than enough experience and professionalism out there without Camara to prevent that and I'm not going to sit here blaming Schumacher for a perfectly reasonable substitution.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
shame mccauley got injured as i thouhgt romoney struggled and taking panuche off was a mistake but i thoroughly enjoyed the match where i thought we were the better side.

Mar 1, 2008
Defending high balls into the box is our achilles heel again. It was the bane of last season.
In the first half of the season it seemed to have been resolved. But has reappeared again.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
By my reckoning we've lost 8 points this season when the opposition has scored in the 85th plus minute.
(Where the goals scored have affected the points).

Portsmouth, Lincoln, Wigan, Lincoln, Fleetwood.

On the flip side we've scored late (85+) in two games to win an extra 4 points. Gillingham and Doncaster.

That said, the last two results have been gutting.

Reactions: vibratingspider

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
To be fair to Fleetwood their second goal was a quality cross.

Look at most of the goals tonight. Come from width, then a cross or cutting inside from the byline for a shot. Look at Saturday. All three goals the same.

Argyle have had a problem with this system being exploited down the sides of them.

Argyle also have the issue they have no real width and it’s killing us at times. Yes they scored a second goal tonight from wing back to wing back but the majority of the play is being lumped down the middle.

We can’t progress until this is finally sorted.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Not quite Reading but still a wrist slitting experience (again, for the second time in 3 days).

Cooper was my MoM but think he should have gone down for the foul for their third goal.

I loved seeing Randell shouting and organising those around him. The captain for the future for sure.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Oh and by the way, the ref was carp. I gave him 3 and then deducted 2 because him and his useless lino missed the obvious offside for their equaliser. So he only got 1 and that is begrudgingly.

Jul 23, 2021
I'm really struggling to understand how preserving one of your best players with only a few minutes left with a two goal cushion is a mistake?! Surely thats exactly when a manager can expect to blood a player like Lewis off the bench and trust that the 11 players between them can manage the game. Fair enough if it's 1-0 you leave him out there, but it happens week in week out that teams who look to have killed off a game take off a player with a few minutes left in order to a. eat up some time, b. preserve the key player from injury, c. give the fringe player some game time.
The blame lies with the combination of players who allowed the cross in, and gave the striker a virtually uncontested header to get them right back in it...there should have been more than enough experience and professionalism out there without Camara to prevent that and I'm not going to sit here blaming Schumacher for a perfectly reasonable substitution.
Agree, Enniss on but not Camara off, that was a pivotal mistake imho. We could debate this forever, I guess in reality we don't have the ability to boss (and yes, bully) teams when we get the lead.

May 22, 2006
So typical of Argyle. 3-1 up away from home and even a bit of showboating. Then, after 88 minutes, we snatch a draw from the clutches of victory.

Although by no means a dominant performance 3 pts would have been deserved after three well worked, and well taken goals. There were mainly good performances. Cooper made a stunning save in the first half. Ennis looked very good when he came on, while Garrick and Jephcott also had decent games. Randell was composed in midfield, Broom was energetic and Camara was his usual self breaking up play. Edwards and Grant caused problems going forward but maybe the back three were too exposed by the formation. Critchlow did not help when he came on as he constantly passed to opposing players. It was the bombardment from crosses that eventually led to two late goals, so if scapegoats are being sought, the central defenders should take the blame.

It was nearly a night to heap praise on Shuey for an away win, but instead it will be an evening of ’supporters’ voicing incriminations.

Reactions: vibratingspider