Brief Synopsis Fleetwood | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis Fleetwood

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I know we’re pretty wedded to the 352/3142 system and I understand why, but I’ve been thinking for a while now that something like this could be just as if not more effective…

Cooper

Edwards, Wilson, Scarr, Grant

Camara, Randell

Garrick, Broom, Mayor

Ennis

Reactions: MGM
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I know we’re pretty wedded to the 352/3142 system and I understand why, but I’ve been thinking for a while now that something like this could be just as if not more effective…

Cooper

Camara, Randell

Garrick, Broom, Mayor

Ennis
I do understand the ‘square pegs, round holes’ school of thought when it comes to that our wing backs but I genuinely think Edwards and Grant would be fine as conventional full backs.

Reactions: MGM and Cobi Budge

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I do understand the ‘square pegs, round holes’ school of thought when it comes to that our wing backs but I genuinely think Edwards and Grant would be fine as conventional full backs.

Unfortunately, for a sea change to happen something drastic like last years 2 wins in 15 run, would have to occur. Even after those experiences Lowe never thought this year l need a plan B. He just thought l will plaster over the issues with shiny, new CB’s.

I don’t want that run to happen again. But if something similar doesn’t happens to Schumacher l feel they will carry on with the 3-1-4-2 and we just have to hope we can find the right personnel.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we had variations of the 3ATB system.

Jul 28, 2020

Cooper

Camara, Randell

Garrick, Broom, Mayor

Ennis
The 3ATB experiment has been useful- but we can no longer regard ourselves as genuine promotion contenders if ELEVEN teams have currently conceded less goals than us in EFL1.Last season only Swindon town conceded more goals than us.

Sadly things seem to be getting worse- with last night’s match at Fleetwood bringing matters to a head.

As far as im concerned Michael cooper, dan Scarr , James Wilson are all very good players for this level- so it’s not sensible to point fingers at the players- this is a systems issue in my opinion.

I hope that Shuey and the hierarchy at the club have a good long look at 3ATB - and what benefits they think it is bringing us. It’s time for a change to a more flexible system, in my opinion....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Cooper

Camara, Randell

Garrick, Broom, Mayor

Ennis
The 3ATB experiment has been useful- but we can no longer regard ourselves as genuine promotion contenders if ELEVEN teams have currently conceded less goals than us in EFL1.Last season only Swindon town conceded more goals than us.

Sadly things seem to be getting worse- with last night’s match at Fleetwood bringing matters to a head.

As far as im concerned Michael cooper, dan Scarr , James Wilson are all very good players for this level- so it’s not sensible to point fingers at the players- this is a systems issue in my opinion.

I hope that Shuey and the hierarchy at the club have a good long look at 3ATB - and what benefits they think it is bringing us. It’s time for a change to a more flexible system, in my opinion....
👏👏

Aug 15, 2015
Scarr responsible for the first goal really, how. He never even reached Scarr. The second was down to Wilson it was his man and he lost out , Scarr was responsible for the space in front of him. Basic defending principles..
As I said, the video is not clear. For the 1st it looks like Scarr to me. If he doesn't let the forward get the better of him, that pass isn't made. That's the 1st mistake.

As for the 2nd, it looks like Scarr has the striker up until the last moment. I've no idea quite honestly who the blame lies with there as it's very tight for space. My point being though that the error does not lie with the full back.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why does the snakey ex manager play a 3-4-1-2 formation with PNE yet we demand a 3-1-4-2?

Reactions: Railway sleeper

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The number of points that we’ve lost from the 85th minute onwards has been disappointing, we’d be 4th with those extra points. A lack of game management or a lack of resolve? Probably a bit of both. We need to be far smarter and far more switched on late on in games.
Fitness?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I can't recall all of your posts but I seem to recall you yearning for us to sign pacey wing back type players in the mould of TAA/Robertson. I understand what you are saying and yes, ideally we would have natural wing backs over Grant/Edwards (although I disagree that these two should be in midfield).

But I don't think it's such an enormous issue week in week out. Granted, in some weeks it may highlight as an issue, perhaps in the last couple of games, but on the overall across the whole season, I don't think it's been some enormous issue week in week out.
Having just read the whole thing the only reference to TAA/Robertson that I can remember is by you around page 2/3...

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
You can’t blame the system for losing a game in the last 5 minutes, it’s the mentality of the players.

We scored 3 goals and were cruising I would say that was a good system, the players have to be switched on until the final whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: JannerinCardiff

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I'm not referring to this thread.

Sorry, but l honestly haven’t mentioned TAA or Robertson in another thread concerning our wing backs or width play.

You only have to put Robertson or TAA in the search engine and nothing is stated about these players that l’ve said.

If l had mentioned them the search engine would highlight these names and posts that l supposedly have written.

l don’t even think they are pacy full backs. They are great full backs but a pacy one is like Kyle Walker of Man City.

I’m not looking for a TAA or a Robertson. l just think there are better options than the ones doing the current job.

Like Scarr has come into the side this season and won more headers defensively for us. Or Houghton has given us more calmness in the CDM position. They are upgrades on Aimson and Fornah.

So l don’t believe their isn’t better upgrades for either Edwards or/and Grant in those wing back roles. Upgrades for league one standard, not premier league. You can find energetic players with a touch of skill at this level. Camara has proven it.

It is not Conor Grant‘s game to be an energetic player running up and down that touch line. It’s just not in his make up. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player. Just not one suited for a wing back role l feel.

Last edited: