Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton)

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I think some posters should learn to differentiate between critical and critique, MGM is not slagging off the team efforts that have enabled us to go from bottom to play off potential, but rather highlighting certain deficiencies which become apparent with the loss of mainstays such as Bradley, Sarcevic, Edwards etc. We are lacking in suitable substitutes who are able to change games and yes, pace throughout the team, we also have a tendency to over egg the pudding, one or two touches/passes when a quicker ball into the box is called for.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":9wi1ymn5 said:
memory man":9wi1ymn5 said:
moles40":9wi1ymn5 said:
Donā€™t expect Argyle to lose again this season.Always going to be one blip on the way to the play-offs. :scarf:

So no more long boring nonsensical posts from MGM to read again this season. :lol:

Letā€™s hope Adams has more faith in the players than MGM

ā€œSorry lads but getting us from the bottom of the table with a big chance of the play-offs ,is just not good enough after losing today.So Iā€™ve decided to get rid of half you lot ,ok? :lol: :facepalm:
In case you did not understand the first time there is now a separate new (and prolonged) thread on the same topic - lol

I made two posts that were long because l was stuck on a train coming back from a game l watched. The rest lm just replying to others. As for the thread l wanted to see if anyone thought like l did.

Iā€™ve made more than many positive posts in the final two months but highlighting areas of concern.

I canā€™t believe honesty that both of you think Songo is league 1 standard player. Aqeduate enough to sit in that back four. Only a few weeks ago he ducked a cross for the opposition player to score. Then last week he was turned and beaten on the byline by Harrison to score. Yesterday he lost a forward just outside the six yard box.

This has been happening over the past few weeks. Many have commented on it.

You both have a go at my posts but yet you donā€™t give any sort of reply in terms of why l have it wrong. All you say is ā€œyour post is too longā€ but donā€™t state which players you believe is good enough at this level.

Songo's was at fault for second goal yesterday. Cant believe you are still blaming him for the goal at Fleetwood. He 'ducked' because he was TOLD to leave it by his CAPTAIN. Blame Sawyer not Songo'o. But dont let facts get in the way of your argument.
And your posts are TOO long. Doubt many people read through until the end.

Apr 5, 2008
Yes we know the team has deficiencies,but this isnā€™t the time to keep going on about it,as nothing can be changed till the end of the season anyway.

This is time to get 100% behind the players and cheer them on to hopefully reach the play-offs :scarf:

Oct 24, 2010
It was a bad day at the office. The second goal was the killer, I thought between the goals we were well in the game and getting on top and were unlucky not to equalize when Taylor hit the post. I was surprised that Adams went away from his tried and trusted tactics and went with the diamond in the second half. It simply didn't work for us; our full backs were not very effective getting forward and precious few crosses of any quality came into the box and without quality crosses it is a waste to have two central strikers. Also it pretty much took Carey out of the game, he hardly got on the ball in the second half.
We deserved nothing out of the game but it is a set back, not a disaster but we really need to get Bradley back to have realistic hopes of the play offs, Songo'o looked nervous and struggled as he did last week.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Perhaps we should change the site name to PACLOTI (Plymouth Argyle Cheer Leaders On The Internet), the day we are not allowed to voice differing views, we are after all a broad church, is the Day I pm IJN and tell him to place me on the retired list. Having a different opinion does not mean that a poster is not 100% behind the team and club.

Mar 14, 2009
justanotherfan":2hytgqvj said:
I think some posters should learn to differentiate between critical and critique, MGM is not slagging off the team efforts that have enabled us to go from bottom to play off potential, but rather highlighting certain deficiencies which become apparent with the loss of mainstays such as Bradley, Sarcevic, Edwards etc. We are lacking in suitable substitutes who are able to change games and yes, pace throughout the team, we also have a tendency to over egg the pudding, one or two touches/passes when a quicker ball into the box is called for.

Thatā€™s exactly it. :thumbs:

Charlton fizzed the ball around. Quicker tempo. We seemed to be too slow in getting the ball out wide in comparison.

People around me were making the same points, especially in the first half the massive gap down the Charlton right side which we only exploited once.

Aug 5, 2015
I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem having different views - look at the grandstand and development debate! Just donā€™t expect those who donā€™t agree with you to not voice their opinions. Yes we were crap yesterday and yes we need better players - doesnā€™t everyone. But we have what we have and have to make do. Deservedly we are at the right end of the table. Letā€™s hope we get over yesterday and get on with it. You canā€™t win every game.

Oct 16, 2016
justanotherfan":1qil0zt4 said:
Perhaps we should change the site name to PACLOTI (Plymouth Argyle Cheer Leaders On The Internet), the day we are not allowed to voice differing views, we are after all a broad church, is the Day I pm IJN and tell him to place me on the retired list. Having a different opinion does not mean that a poster is not 100% behind the team and club.

Amen.

Opinions will differ, you (sic) wonā€™t always, if ever, see eye to eye BUT why whine and cry about it? Hyperbole works in both directions, negative and positive.

Forums are for pleasure, for opinions, it ainā€™t about a hug-off

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Metal_Green_Mickey":3jb73ovs said:
memory man":3jb73ovs said:
moles40":3jb73ovs said:
Donā€™t expect Argyle to lose again this season.Always going to be one blip on the way to the play-offs. :scarf:

So no more long boring nonsensical posts from MGM to read again this season. :lol:

ā€œSorry lads but getting us from the bottom of the table with a big chance of the play-offs ,is just not good enough after losing today.So Iā€™ve decided to get rid of half you lot ,ok? :lol: :facepalm:
In case you did not understand the first time there is now a separate new (and prolonged) thread on the same topic - lol

I made two posts that were long because l was stuck on a train coming back from a game l watched. The rest lm just replying to others. As for the thread l wanted to see if anyone thought like l did.

Iā€™ve made more than many positive posts in the final two months but highlighting areas of concern.

I canā€™t believe honesty that both of you think Songo is league 1 standard player. Aqeduate enough to sit in that back four. Only a few weeks ago he ducked a cross for the opposition player to score. Then last week he was turned and beaten on the byline by Harrison to score. Yesterday he lost a forward just outside the six yard box.

You both have a go at my posts but yet you donā€™t give any sort of reply in terms of why l have it wrong. All you say is ā€œyour post is too longā€ but donā€™t state which players you believe is good enough at this level.
Look, I cannot get to many matches now so the Brief Synopsis is a valuable tool for me - real fans posting their opinions. I purposely avoid commenting on tactics, ability for any match I do not attend. But as for the posters who do go to games, I just happen to prefer the shorter versions that inform - people who post about what they have seen, pass some brief opinions and move on to the next game. It is in the title - Brief Synopsis. I wouldn't go as far as Knibbsworth's rather unkind word "drivel" but I do think less would be more sometimes.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Yet another valid opinion, see where this is going?

Oct 16, 2016
memory man":3cyj6oab said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3cyj6oab said:
memory man":3cyj6oab said:
moles40":3cyj6oab said:

Look, I cannot get to many matches now so the Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) is a valuable tool for me - real fans posting their opinions. I purposely avoid commenting on tactics, ability for any match I do not attend. But as for the posters who do go to games, I just happen to prefer the shorter versions that inform - people who post about what they have seen, pass some brief opinions and move on to the next game. It is in the title - Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors). I wouldn't go as far as Knibbsworth's rather unkind word "drivel" but I do think less would be more sometimes.

Amen

I always avoid long posts, bore me to the point of ....

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":3se20hsg said:
memory man":3se20hsg said:
moles40":3se20hsg said:

You have written countless long posts that nobody else reads.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Ignore them MGM being less than 100% positive now is like being not quite 100% negative in November.

We may well fall short of the play offs and if we do there are quite a few reasons why. However, we are in a good position with only a few games left, it's possible we may make it. When we are sure either way we can look back at the why's and what nexts for sure. Until then and to quote from a song

How we get there i don't know, how we get there i don't care.

Apr 5, 2008
Balham_Green":2nnjvlrs said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2nnjvlrs said:
memory man":2nnjvlrs said:
moles40":2nnjvlrs said:

You have written countless long posts that nobody else reads.

Exactly .Long posts full of boring drivel.Is there anyone here that reads his posts all the way through.Only when Argyle lose of course,any other time he hardly posts,and if he does the posts are much shorter,strange that

He is the poster that said Argyle werenā€™t good enough for the play-offs in league two,when at the time Argyle were in the promotion places.So shows you what he knows about the team,despite what he claims in his neverending posts whenever Argyle dare to lose a game.