Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton)

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Ditto, but at least his criticisms are constructive. This is a public forum after all, imagine ridiculing somebody for investing too much time in stating their opinion. If it winds you both up so much, then block him.

Jan 6, 2004
This result has been coming for a while, we have ridden our luck at times in the last few matches and have come up against re-vitalised team and paid the price. Sony Bradley's absence is hurting us badly and unfortunately the midfield, Carey in particular seems to have lost its creative spark, hopefully only temporarily. Ultimately though I think Charlton did a job on us and on balance more credit should go to them than criticism to Argyle.

If I have a criticism of Adams this season is that there is not enough strength in depth. Every time a first teamer gets injured, the replacement isn't up to the job by a long chalk and is costing us dear. We saw it in particular with Taylor and now we are seeing it with Bradley

Oct 24, 2010
The defeat is now behind us, what's important is how we react on Friday and the rest of the season.

Jan 6, 2004
We need to beat Southend and hopefully get a draw at Scunny and we are right back on track - my concern is more the current level of performance than our league position - especially defensively.

Apr 5, 2008
Green_Flash":2avs49uc said:
This result has been coming for a while, we have ridden our luck at times in the last few matches and have come up against re-vitalised team and paid the price. Sony Bradley's absence is hurting us badly and unfortunately the midfield, Carey in particular seems to have lost its creative spark, hopefully only temporarily. Ultimately though I think Charlton did a job on us and on balance more credit should go to them than criticism to Argyle.

If I have a criticism of Adams this season is that there is not enough strength in depth. Every time a first teamer gets injured, the replacement isn't up to the job by a long chalk and is costing us dear. We saw it in particular with Taylor and now we are seeing it with Bradley

Thatā€™s because he has to rely on loan players to fill the gap when someone is injured.We donā€™t seem to have any money for him to go out and buy who he actually wants.

How we are going to compete in the Championship if we get their this season or whenever is beyond even contemplating at the moment :facepalm:

Oct 24, 2010
Green_Flash":3vbfprey said:
We need to beat Southend and hopefully get a draw at Scunny and we are right back on track - my concern is more the current level of performance than our league position - especially defensively.
Two defeats in nineteen games isn't bad form. We do need Bradley back though.

Aug 5, 2015
Green Flash is worried about our current performance, defensively. Iā€™d be a bit more worried about our attack. Iā€™m surprised the Charlton keeper didnā€™t bring out a deckchair in the second half as he was not put under any pressure whatsoever. Hardly a shot all game. I hope it was a blip but I think Iā€™d be more concerned with our attack - or lack of one on Saturdays performance.

Jan 6, 2004
Kentishgreen":o1j2eqsm said:
Green Flash is worried about our current performance, defensively. Iā€™d be a bit more worried about our attack. Iā€™m surprised the Charlton keeper didnā€™t bring out a deckchair in the second half as he was not put under any pressure whatsoever. Hardly a shot all game. I hope it was a blip but I think Iā€™d be more concerned with our attack - or lack of one on Saturdays performance.

First game we haven't scored in 19. Not a great attacking performance on Saturday for sure but Charlton did a superb job in snuffing us out we will score more goals in games to come. Teams still terrified of our front three. Defensive lapses are a bigger concern for me.

Nov 18, 2011
Kentishgreen":10cuzxlt said:

I think we have an excellent Plan A which has propelled us up the table but we don't really have a Plan B if Plan A doesn't work. Derek had a go at something different in the second half of Saturday's game and it made us worse.

My main worry is that we don't really have players on the bench who I'd be confident in turning a game around if we're losing.

Mar 23, 2008
Amazed Ainsworth and/or Grant were not given a go. Ainsworth has shown some good pace and directness in some cameos and Grant a good touch, seems odd neither saw action given our lack of attacking intent?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
We just arenā€™t the same team offensively without Sarcevic. Granted, we scored 3 goals against Rovers but none were against the run of play so to speak. Without him and Bradley, we look a very average L1 team.

Aug 5, 2015
Goals win matches and you donā€™t win if you donā€™t cross or shoot. Tippy tippy is all very nice but if thereā€™s no end result then the result is pointless as we saw on Saturday.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Fergy":1d8yiszc said:
We just arenā€™t the same team offensively without Sarcevic. Granted, we scored 3 goals against Rovers but none were against the run of play so to speak. Without him and Bradley, we look a very average L1 team.

Over the last few months I've seen...

Without Graham Carey, we look a very average L1 team.

Without Ryan Taylor, we look a very average L1 team.

Without Toums, we look a very average L1 team.

Without Reuben Lameiras, we look a very average L1 team.

Etc etc.

This really is silly. We lost and we looked a poor side. IT HAPPENS.

Over the last 25 matches we are in third place with 51 points, so we clearly aren't just a very average League 1 team and no amount of mental gymnastics should convince you otherwise.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Biggs - there are 3 good sides in Div 1. There are 4-7 poor sides in Div 1. The rest are average. You cannot ignore the first 20 or so games because the results don't suit your argument. Success or failure is taken over a season.

Without certain key players we are a poor team - see start of season. With everyone on form, we're a good team. By definition that's average.

Jun 2, 2016
Mark Pedlar":3dioxox0 said:
Biggs - there are 3 good sides in Div 1. There are 4-7 poor sides in Div 1. The rest are average. You cannot ignore the first 20 or so games because the results don't suit your argument. Success or failure is taken over a season.

Without certain key players we are a poor team - see start of season. With everyone on form, we're a good team. By definition that's average.
If Wigan can lose 3 or 4 players and still play well, it's a good squad.
We can't. So we have a good starting XI but an average squad.