Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley)

Aug 13, 2011
All I know is we have had open season going on in our defence game after game. Today's debacle? A punt forward gave them the first, no one within 10 yards of the grateful striker breaking free, the defence stood ball-watching for the second, far too late to react to perilous danger, 0-2, already game over...the third from the free kick academic. it's just not going to happen with that rearguard, not if DA is depending on them to shut up shop by staying deep. He has to get Carey and Lameiras dictating high up the field at Accrington. I think we need to attack Stanley from the off. We have to get in the final third, camp there and hurt them! Last chance! I agree we are down else, something will go wrong on the final day if we don't win that one. And in front of our own fans for Scunny, knowing we are so fragile at the back, I can't bear that thought!

Today methinks argyle got taught a lesson today in klopps "heavy metal football" style. High pressing, counter pressing, quick
passing and a ferocious work ethic. It was all there in barnsleys play. They even had a german manager making them typically
more efficient at it too. Both teams used 4231 and i reckon DA is trying to emulate with us a similar heavy metal counter
attacking style. Unfortunately today we were miles behind barnsley in achieving it. TBF to DA the 4231 was getting the results
post xmas that took us out of the bottom 4 but over recent games and especially after todays performance maybe its time
to look elsewhere instead?
Thats why i was so disappointed he took so long to make a formation change. Finally a switch to the 4141/433 (with 3 subs).
But only for 10 minutes at the end? He could have given it some time for it to bed in again and maybe even cause a fightback.
0-3 down at ht and yet he let the game meander on for 35 minutes? Simply not good enough for me DA. No instead we had to sit
there and watch barnsley dominate to such an extent that they could have easily added another 3 or 4 more in that 2nd half.
I expected to lose today but not in that manner.

As for why our 4231 was walloped by theirs today. Lack of pace throughout the team, especially CB, has been a big problem all
season. The high press, which we started off well in the game with, meant a high def line and poor old eddys lack of pace was
exposed by a simple long ball over the top for their first. A second soon followed as a quick cross from the left went right
across the area for another pacy clinical finish. Their third was a well taken FK into the top corner. Bam, bam, bam and
game over seemingly. Argyle boys tried hard to press and get their game going but barnsley simply outpressed and overpowered
them. It was sad to watch at times as i dont think barnsley had more skilful players than us. Just that they seemed much better
drilled in their roles in the team. When ruben and GC10 were on the ball, they were immediately surrounded by 3/4 opponents
snapping at their heels, being one example. Other games and its more like 2/3 on them and usually they get much more respect
on the ball.
I thought keeper kyle had a good game and kept the scoreline down in the end. Both FBs did ok and tried to get forward when
they could. At CB eddy struggled at times whereas Lloyd impressed me. Lloyd and niall my preferred pairing. Lloyd strong and
composed. Also looked comfortable on the ball and looks the quickest of the three. Niall is a leftie so a nice right/left
partnership. Tough call though.
Foxy in centre mid not able to dictate play as we had no control in the game. Also lacks pace to be effective in a high press
style. Unlike yanner(MOM) alongside him though. He was typically non stop in their faces and showed his pirlo pretend side
at times too when on the ball. Olay! Yanner the pretend pirlo janner.
All our 4 main attacking players were pressed out of the game and contributed very little which was extremely disappointing.
Ruben and GC10 were constantly overwhelmed by numbers and with sarce won very few turnovers in our attempts at a high press.
Lone ranger ryan suffered from some very poor service to him. Head high aimless hoofing in the main.
Boos at the end for DA and rightly so. His teams performance was nowhere near good enough today. It was far too easy for BFC.
The formation we finished with today 4141/433. Thats our best bet now imho. Yanner sitting for accy game and foxy for scunny.
Nailbiting time unfortunately. Really will be glad when this season is over. All squished, sardine like, in the horseshoe seats
all season and having to endure way too many heavy defeats like this one today. And now weve got possible 4th tier relegation
to contend with as well.
Sigh! :sad:
Roll on the summer and a nice stress free break. Until the the ashes of course.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Agreed. Nail biting 2 weeks coming up.

However, I think the Ashes may not be so stressful. Partly because the Aussies are not going well, and partly because you have breaks for lunch, tea and drinks.

:scarf:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I feel slightly ashamed of myself today. I’ve been an Adams supporter through last season when he was in a sticky spot and it has taken a lot to move me from that position this season. But he’s worn me down over the last few weeks. He’s deluded. Shows no grace in defeat and just listening to him after games nowadays just boils my blood. I have never, ever shouted at a manager in an unceremonious manner before today, and he got it both barrels when he left the pitch.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Let's hjust ope for 4 points over the next 2 games. Winnable games given our team of a month ago ....... but the same people today? Confidence gone,?

Mar 14, 2009
Forest of Dean Green":31gdi8e9 said:
I feel slightly ashamed of myself today. I’ve been an Adams supporter through last season when he was in a sticky spot and it has taken a lot to move me from that position this season. But he’s worn me down over the last few weeks. He’s deluded. Shows no grace in defeat and just listening to him after games nowadays just boils my blood. I have never, ever shouted at a manager in an unceremonious manner before today, and he got it both barrels when he left the pitch.

I suppose it won’t matter to you what l think in a way but l read your post and l got to admit l really felt the emotion in your post.

I just wanted to say you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have supported this manager and given him a lot of time to get things right on the pitch.

I think when you believe in someone or something, in this case Adams, it’s hits a person harder when they become disillusioned by it.

What l say about Adams is just an opinion. I think though l have detached myself away from the team in a way so l have become less angry and frustrated about his methods for a while.

However, if l did of believed in him this season l think your post brilliantly sums up how l would of eventually reacted.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
After watching us today and listening to DA's comments, I'm just worn out and completely fed up, to the point where I wish I didn't care so much. But I do, and seeing what is happening to our club is heartbreaking. DA has managed to alienate himself from just about everyone, and I presume that includes some players if his behaviour from the past is anything to go by, with various reports of player unrest. His manner is certainly hard to warm to, and his comments are not reassuring. I really do feel he's struggling and out of his depth, but he has created such a bunker mentality that he can't find a way out and is trying to defend himself at all costs. Whatever is going on, we are all paying the price. It's such a shame after all the hard work of rebuilding and gaining promotion to see it going down the pan. And I don't have any faith that he can build a team to compete in this league or L2. I think he's been found out.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Forest of Dean Green":28p1sxlz said:
Really? Adams isn't to blame for where we are mate. The reason we are where we are is because the players haven't been good enough.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
r4h4al":1h4wmgfx said:
Really? Adams isn't to blame for where we are mate. The reason we are where we are is because the players haven't been good enough.

Really? I don't think so.... :whistle:

Dec 3, 2005
r4h4al":hu0munmc said:
Forest of Dean Green":hu0munmc said:

Ermm WHO signed the Players?
WHO selects the Players?
WHO selects the 'tactics'?
WHO chooses when to make changes during the game? or NOT.
WHO as a smarming smile on his face when he leaves the pitch after a pathetic performance?

Jul 12, 2016
Lesley Somerville":gu4fcbh5 said:
After watching us today and listening to DA's comments, I'm just worn out and completely fed up, to the point where I wish I didn't care so much. But I do, and seeing what is happening to our club is heartbreaking. DA has managed to alienate himself from just about everyone, and I presume that includes some players if his behaviour from the past is anything to go by, with various reports of player unrest. His manner is certainly hard to warm to, and his comments are not reassuring. I really do feel he's struggling and out of his depth, but he has created such a bunker mentality that he can't find a way out and is trying to defend himself at all costs. Whatever is going on, we are all paying the price. It's such a shame after all the hard work of rebuilding and gaining promotion to see it going down the pan. And I don't have any faith that he can build a team to compete in this league or L2. I think he's been found out.
Excellent post, exactly how I feel

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":2m0qqeve said:
Forest of Dean Green":2m0qqeve said:

You cannot be serious.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":26u3rcua said:
Forest of Dean Green":26u3rcua said:

Unbelievable post