Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark Pedlar":3jotcwqm said:
As usual Steve your match day ratings are laughable bit it has cheered me up a bit.

One thing I do agree with though was that there were a few players today in the warm up who were p'ing about and didn't appear to take it seriously - they included Lameiras and Carey. Perhaps they know they are off in the summer and don't give a sh it.

For the first time today I thought that i will welcome relegation if it means the end of Adams and his collection of misfits.

That's similar to the subs warming up during the game. I noticed our three subs were stood still chatting to each other while the three Barnsley subs were running up and down and going through various exercises.
I noticed this on two occasions and it may have happened just at those two times.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
slingsby_pobble":2afhrtpr said:
AdelaideGreen":2afhrtpr said:
slingsby_pobble":2afhrtpr said:
I wasn't expecting a win. In fact I was hoping for a masterclass in dour Scottish parking the bus tactics. But we didn't get that. We got the same old porridge we've been served all season, except with Taylor falling over up front.

We've got to beat Accy and at least get a point v Sarfend, otherwise we're going down. Wimbledon got a point today and are proving hard to beat. We are not hard to beat. We're s__t.

When do we play Sarfend again?

Scunny :doh: in my defence they both begin with the same letter...

Wimbledon play tomorrow?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
We keep being told that Argyle don't have a budget to compete I am sorry i am not having it that our budget is 4th worst in the division surely walsall's rochdale's accringon Wimbledon wycombe have smaller budgets ? We have wasted what we have that's it and of story so mad if we go down

Aug 3, 2009
Torquay
Kyle Letheren - 6
Oscar Threlkeld - 3
Ryan Edwards - 1
Lloyd Jones - 5
Gary Sawyer - 4
Yann Songo'o - 5
David Fox - 4
Antoni Sarcevic - 3
Graham Carey - 3
Ruben Lameiras - 5
Ryan Taylor - 4

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

Mar 18, 2006
edengreen":1pb164ab said:
We keep being told that Argyle don't have a budget to compete I am sorry i am not having it that our budget is 4th worst in the division surely walsall's rochdale's accringon Wimbledon wycombe have smaller budgets ? We have wasted what we have that's it and of story so mad if we go down

Walsall’s is higher than ours. They receive a ludicrous amount from the advertising board that is on the edge of motorway .

Jul 12, 2016
Utter shambles. Taylor waste of time, midfield slow and ineffectual ,defence all at sea.If it wasn't for Letheren we could have lost by 6. Why didn't Adams change things at half time like the manager at Gillingham on Friday? Probably because he never has a plan B. Wake up Hallett and get rid of this useless manager for the new season.

Sep 6, 2006
:cry:
Frank_Butcher":hdjql6ip said:
Barnsley were the best side I've seen this season. The pace and movement in their attack was in complete contrast to our pedestrian efforts. Couple that with the usual calamitous defending and we had nowhere to go.

But perhaps what annoyed me most was the apparent tactic of playing for a 3-0 defeat. Not that Barnsley cared - they could have easily doubled their score had they been @rsed in the second-half. But if we had any intention of making an impression, it had to change at HT or on the hour. Perhaps the late subs were right to protect 1 or 2 for what are upcoming cup finals in effect, but to not even try and change things earlier on has I'm afraid lost me. Never been in the Adams out camp, but I thought today's inaction was unforgivable.

Change needed next season.

Indeed. 11 men back to defend a corner when we were 3 down says it all.

Sep 6, 2006
cheshiregreen":260bh6nz said:
Problem is Scunthorpe home to Bradford next weekend as I bite my nails behind goal at Accrington. :problem:

If we beat Scunthorpe we'll finish above them whatever happens. The problem is finding the 4th team! How did it come to this? :facepalm:

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Argylegames":1bhmjrvn said:
jimbo_the_green":1bhmjrvn said:
We can’t carry on like this

We also can't afford to sack him.

I appreciate it's financially difficult. At the same time the toxic atmosphere and stand off from Adams will only get worse.

He’s used up the goodwill of the fan base and then some. Home Park will be an unpleasant place next year if he’s still in charge. I’m sorry to be saying it, in December I had faith he could turn it around and it looked like he had. But the same old problems come around only this time he’s fallen out with the fans and local media as well. In many ways I understand why they’ve got his back up but when you can’t back up the attitude result you find yourself with nowhere to go.

Simon Hallett has a very tough decision to make. I don’t envy it and it’s easy for us to spend other people’s money but then they chose to run a football club.

Mar 16, 2009
London
oldage":2vusmmjb said:
Utter shambles. Taylor waste of time, midfield slow and ineffectual ,defence all at sea.If it wasn't for Letheren we could have lost by 6. Why didn't Adams change things at half time like the manager at Gillingham on Friday? Probably because he never has a plan B. Wake up Hallett and get rid of this useless manager for the new season.

He didn’t change it at half time because he didn’t have any game changers on the bench. Yet again we’ve ended the season with a threadbare squad. No surprise hen you look at he lack of activity in January. Why? Possibly gambling on saving money for the summer, possibly no money available.

Letheren saved 3 certain goals? Are you for real? All I saw was a handful of routine saves. And a keeper who too often seemed stuck to his line with superglue.

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":zddo1x27 said:
Balham_Green":zddo1x27 said:
cheshiregreen":zddo1x27 said:
Problem is Scunthorpe home to Bradford next weekend as I bite my nails behind goal at Accrington. :problem:

If we beat Scunthorpe we'll finish above them whatever happens. The problem is finding the 4th team! How did it come to this? :facepalm:

If we draw at accy we’re likely to finish above them looking at their other games and saaafend are v unlikely to get more than 3 points, so basically 4 points we’re safe 3 points it’s 50/50

Lose at Accy and I reckon we are down.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3cfu1ocp said:
oldage":3cfu1ocp said:

He didn’t change it at half time because he didn’t have any game changers on the bench. Yet again we’ve ended the season with a threadbare squad. No surprise hen you look at he lack of activity in January. Why? Possibly gambling on saving money for the summer, possibly no money available.

Letheren saved 3 certain goals? Are you for real? All I saw was a handful of routine saves. And a keeper who too often seemed stuck to his line with superglue.

So why has he brought goal scoring winger down here on loan then if not to change games? Instead he gives him just over 10 minutes. It's indefensible management.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Having just read the post-match interview transcript on the Herald site, it seems our illustrious leader is in his usual demeanour - refusing to explain the substitutions and brushing aside the booing by stating the supporters have enjoyed 3 years of over-achievement! (At least that's how I read it). The arrogance of it all is utterly staggering. :crazy: