Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Barnsley)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
cheshiregreen":208z91xm said:
Problem is Scunthorpe home to Bradford next weekend as I bite my nails behind goal at Accrington. :problem:

That’s... worrying.

In my head we’re down already, so anything is a bonus now :facepalm:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I really fear the worst and don't know how Adams is going to pick them up after that. We don't have a League 1 standard keeper, the midfield is so pedestrian and Taylor was abject though he was feeding on hopeful punts. Carey seemed disinterested and people again trying to blame the referee is so predictable and unfair. I only pray Scunny and Accie prove worse than us as the situation now looks desperate.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":38dia7e9 said:
greengiant1886":38dia7e9 said:
Justin":38dia7e9 said:
nick_PASTIE":38dia7e9 said:
I feel sick.

Ratings

Kyle Letheren - 8
Oscar Threlkeld - 5
Ryan Edwards - 4
Lloyd Jones - 5
Gary Sawyer - 3
Yann Songo'o - 5
David Fox - 6
Antoni Sarcevic - 2
Graham Carey - 4
Ruben Lameiras - 4
Ryan Taylor - 5

Letheren 8 ?!?!?!?

Ah yes of course, the goals were all Macey’s fault.
Letheren made 2 top saves in the second half and none of the goals were down to him. Take a day off.

The point is bringing Letheren back was SUPPOSED to solve all our defensive problems according to many!!

Yes, Balham Green, that’s what a lot of us said, but we didn’t imagine that our manager would give him a radically different back line to play with (one on Saturday with two changes, and another one today with another two changes), yet that is precisely what the manager has proceeded to do!

What do you find so excellent about Macey’s play, are you ever going to tell us?!

May 1, 2011
Justin":1vrss0il said:
Bristol Rich":1vrss0il said:
Biggs":1vrss0il said:
Give it a rest, Justin.

Not that I give a f*ck about the Macey-Letheren situation anymore but Kyle played well and was the official man of the match.

What that says when we lost 3-0 is the bigger issue.

Justin is the fool who called the Adams critics a bunch of muppets not too llmh ago.

How's that working out now?

Wrong. I’m the ‘fool’ you abused when I said Ladapo was quality at the beginning of the season.

Actually you did in January, check the records.

Be interesting to see if the rumour about Ladapo getting injured fighting in town is correct.

You also kept banging on about demanding 4 million for him. No one wonder you defend Adams so much, you have both spent the season getting things wrong.

Feb 15, 2005
We made Barnsley look like Barcelona, they ran us ragged all afternoon. Their keeper could have sat in a deck chair most of the afternoon. They were fitter, more skilful, physically stronger, more intelligence in their play, better managed and wanted the points more than us. They looked like they had 13 men on the pitch. It’s Div 2 (4th really) we are Heading for, I’m gutted at the lack of heart and effort put in by my team.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
We made them look like world beaters in the first half.

We gave them 45 minutes off in the second half we were so bad. Very kind of us to give a promotion chasing side a much needed rest ahead of their final two games.

Shocking, Adams off you pop please son :wave:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
the players didn't look motivated during the pre match warm up.totally outplayed by barnsley with their centre half winning the ball every time against taylor!always liked fox and sawyer but showed every day of their age today.not making substitutions at half time is both inexplicable and indefensible.fletcher should have started this match as he showed much more threat than taylor and adams was correctly derided with chants of "you don't know what you're doing" for taking off lameiras.other posters on here are already counting the points against accy and scunny,why?accy have pace which will destroy us and scunny will win at home park.this really hurt today to see most of the heads never go up let alone go down when we conceded the first.my ratings;
Kyle Letheren - 9
Oscar Threlkeld - 7
Ryan Edwards - 0
Lloyd Jones - 1
Gary Sawyer - 2
Yann Songo'o - 8
David Fox - 1
Antoni Sarcevic - 0
Graham Carey - 7
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Ryan Taylor - 0

Kyle Letheren - unused
Niall Canavan - unused
Ashley Smith-Brown - unused
Jamie Ness - 0
Paul Anderson - 0
Lionel Ainsworth - unused
Alex Fletcher - 7

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Mark Pedlar":yckci5nj said:
Ryan Taylor - 6

You seem to have accidentally added 6 onto Taylor's score. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. No attempt to play football whatsoever, just looking for the foul every time and never getting it given because he was never attempting to get the ball.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
saffronwalden green":2pnc9xaw said:
To say it is depressing is an understatement. The irony is that not so many weeks ago some were talking about the possibility of making the playoffs, now we are staring relegation in the face.

I haven’t in the past been one of the Adams Out vocalists but now I am seeing there is something fundamentally wrong and the common denominator is the manager. Argyle have in the past stuck by their managers through thick and thin, perhaps now is the time to bite the bullet.

This sums up where I am unfortunately. Desperately sad. I wanted Adams to get the time but I can’t get past the fact he seems unable to build a capable squad. We have so many making up the numbers with no possibility of breaking into the squad. We have one game plan and 12/13 first team players in a squad of 25.

We can’t carry on like this

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Just back. Basically we just weren't good enough, awful, outclassed all game, only Taylor and Anderson looked any good.

3 cheap goals, hint of offside about the 1st two, if it was on it was awful defending. 3rd was a cheap free kick which sometimes you get and sometimes you don't. Which was then arrowed into the corner giving no keeper any chance.

I think we will stay up just, because of the points we already have. Plus I remain hopeful we can beat Accy and Scunthorpe who are probably poorer than us.

Best thing about all that was the Abbott ale in the Britannia.

...we go again against Accy on Saturday, COYG's.

Letheren 0
Oscar 0
Eddy 0
Jones 0
Sawyer 0
Fox 0
Yann 0
Ruben 0
Carey 0
Sarce 0
Taylor 10

Ness 0
Anderson 10
Fletcher 0

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
As usual Steve your match day ratings are laughable bit it has cheered me up a bit.

One thing I do agree with though was that there were a few players today in the warm up who were p'ing about and didn't appear to take it seriously - they included Lameiras and Carey. Perhaps they know they are off in the summer and don't give a sh it.

For the first time today I thought that i will welcome relegation if it means the end of Adams and his collection of misfits.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
r4h4al":21u2505u said:
Just back. Basically we just weren't good enough, awful, outclassed all game, only Taylor and Anderson looked any good.

3 cheap goals, hint of offside about the 1st two, if it was on it was awful defending. 3rd was a cheap free kick which sometimes you get and sometimes you don't. Which was then arrowed into the corner giving no keeper any chance.

I think we will stay up just, because of the points we already have. Plus I remain hopeful we can beat Accy and Scunthorpe who are probably poorer than us.

Best thing about all that was the Abbott ale in the Britannia.

...we go again against Accy on Saturday, COYG's.

Just pointing out again, Scunthorpe home to Bradford before they arrive at Home Park :mad:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Barnsley were the best side I've seen this season. The pace and movement in their attack was in complete contrast to our pedestrian efforts. Couple that with the usual calamitous defending and we had nowhere to go.

But perhaps what annoyed me most was the apparent tactic of playing for a 3-0 defeat. Not that Barnsley cared - they could have easily doubled their score had they been @rsed in the second-half. But if we had any intention of making an impression, it had to change at HT or on the hour. Perhaps the late subs were right to protect 1 or 2 for what are upcoming cup finals in effect, but to not even try and change things earlier on has I'm afraid lost me. Never been in the Adams out camp, but I thought today's inaction was unforgivable.

Change needed next season.