Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

May 4, 2018
Itā€™s got to be frustrating for Managers to lose good players because they are beaten by offers from clubs with deep pockets.
If Sonny goes, he will be missed and DA will have to magic up a replacement.
Sonny is quoted previously for his own lack of success at Crawley, itā€™s a fickle work place and Iā€™m sure heā€™s mindful of that.
Argyle has been a good Club for Sonny and Sonny has been good for us.

Tisdale comments about financial constraints make interesting reading, they run a different model but invest hugely in their academy who they sell on to fund the team.

Any time Clubs work on self funding as opposed to Sugar Daddyā€™s itā€™s never a level playing field! Or it could be looked upon as great to see players develop and become better footballers- Oscar is a good example.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
We'll be ok. DA will get another CB who'll be better than Sonny. Sonny isn't championship standard, so we'd have to get rid after next season anyway.....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If he is leaving, we will certainly miss his aerial presence in both penalty areas. Iā€™m not sure that he was quite so dominant this season as last. Maybe, his health problem meant that he was not fully fit in the second half of this season.
He will be a hard act to follow but that is what we thought about Nelson and Hartley leaving. Similarly, about Diagouraga in midfield.
DA has secured the services of the front part of our spine (Ryan Taylor). It seems that he may now have to sign a ā€˜keeper and a centre half to secure the other 2 crucial parts.

Neilz5419":3tgzo8w2 said:
arrythewurzel":3tgzo8w2 said:
nick_PASTIE":3tgzo8w2 said:
IJN":3tgzo8w2 said:
Neilz5419":3tgzo8w2 said:
100% gone apparently.

What does that actually mean Neil?

100% = total certainty
Gone = left
Apparently = as far as I know.

So ā€œWith total certainty (Sonny has) left as far as I knowā€.

:whistle:

Heard the same from someone close to the player this morning. Improved contract nowhere near other offers.

Same here, Sonny used to live opposite me but he moved out a couple weeks ago, still see a few people he knows though when going to work etc and they said he will not be playing for argyle again unless there is a serious improvement and hes just deciding between the offers on the table, if we see him pre season here i would be amazed.

Judging from social media. Living opposite Sonny Bradley wouldā€™ve been the sea.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Neilz5419":q1iqyx6d said:
arrythewurzel":q1iqyx6d said:
nick_PASTIE":q1iqyx6d said:
IJN":q1iqyx6d said:
Neilz5419":q1iqyx6d said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

Heard the same from someone close to the player this morning. Improved contract nowhere near other offers.

Same here, Sonny used to live opposite me but he moved out a couple weeks ago, still see a few people he knows though when going to work etc and they said he will not be playing for argyle again unless there is a serious improvement and hes just deciding between the offers on the table, if we see him pre season here i would be amazed.
I love these little mam-bits of ā€˜informationā€™ from second/third/fourth hand sources. Seriously I do - Iā€™m not knocking them or ā€˜disā€™ingā€™ those who post them or (God forbid!) saying they shouldnā€™t be posted but they must be taken with a huge dollop of salt. I mean, this seems a plausible version of events:

Bradley (or whoever) is in the midst of haggling over new contracts ā€“ someone he knows (neighbour or friend-of-friend) asks him if heā€™s staying ( probably the tenth time heā€™s been asked today) so he responds with a sigh: ā€œDunno mate, to be honest Iā€™m getting really peeā€™d off with all the haggling & want it settled and Iā€™d like to stay but Iā€™ve got better offers that are very temptingā€

Now this gets repeated by said friend/neighbour as ā€œBradley is getting really peeā€™d off with Argyle and says heā€™s got a much better offer so it seems heā€™s goingā€

This gets transcribed as ā€œIā€™ve heard from a close friend of Bradley heā€™s almost certainly going because Argyle canā€™t compete with other offersā€

This appears on PASOTI as ā€œBradley is virtually 100% deffo going according to a close source to him and heā€™s already left to go up Northā€.

Nobody lying, nobody even particularly exaggerating but completely misleading.

Feb 17, 2017
Baughly":12jm6340 said:
Neilz5419":12jm6340 said:
arrythewurzel":12jm6340 said:
nick_PASTIE":12jm6340 said:
IJN":12jm6340 said:
Neilz5419":12jm6340 said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

Judging from social media. Living opposite Sonny Bradley wouldā€™ve been the sea.

Opposite ends not directly opposite not that i need to explain where i live

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ave_IT":3fmb01y4 said:
Neilz5419":3fmb01y4 said:
arrythewurzel":3fmb01y4 said:
nick_PASTIE":3fmb01y4 said:
IJN":3fmb01y4 said:
Neilz5419":3fmb01y4 said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

I love these little mam-bits of ā€˜informationā€™ from second/third/fourth hand sources. Seriously I do - Iā€™m not knocking them or ā€˜disā€™ingā€™ those who post them or (God forbid!) saying they shouldnā€™t be posted but they must be taken with a huge dollop of salt. I mean, this seems a plausible version of events:

Bradley (or whoever) is in the midst of haggling over new contracts ā€“ someone he knows (neighbour or friend-of-friend) asks him if heā€™s staying ( probably the tenth time heā€™s been asked today) so he responds with a sigh: ā€œDunno mate, to be honest Iā€™m getting really peeā€™d off with all the haggling & want it settled and Iā€™d like to stay but Iā€™ve got better offers that are very temptingā€

Now this gets repeated by said friend/neighbour as ā€œBradley is getting really peeā€™d off with Argyle and says heā€™s got a much better offer so it seems heā€™s goingā€

This gets transcribed as ā€œIā€™ve heard from a close friend of Bradley heā€™s almost certainly going because Argyle canā€™t compete with other offersā€

This appears on PASOTI as ā€œBradley is virtually 100% deffo going according to a close source to him and heā€™s already left to go up Northā€.

Rumors are pieces of information or a story that has not been verified. What this means, is that the person telling the story does not know for certain if it is true or not. Most of the time, people who spread rumors do not bother to determine if there is any truth to what they are saying.

Typically, rumors are spread from person to person and can change slightly each time they are told. As a result, they can become exaggerated and altered over time.

:) :)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Keepitgreen":26an7rb1 said:
Rumors are pieces of information or a story that has not been verified. What this means, is that the person telling the story does not know for certain if it is true or not. Most of the time, people who spread rumors do not bother to determine if there is any truth to what they are saying.

Typically, rumors are spread from person to person and can change slightly each time they are told. As a result, they can become exaggerated and altered over time.

:) :)

Rumours are also rubbish made up by certain individuals. ;)

The best rumours I ever seen was by Fleetwood Mac.

Oct 31, 2015
Ave_IT":1rg2d01z said:
Neilz5419":1rg2d01z said:
arrythewurzel":1rg2d01z said:
nick_PASTIE":1rg2d01z said:
IJN":1rg2d01z said:
Neilz5419":1rg2d01z said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

Ahh the old Chinese whispers. :) It happens in work all the time

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Chatting to someone today who also mentioned Bradley had moved out of his apartment on the Hoe and that Doncaster had apparently made him a contract offer.

Nov 9, 2008
Glynn":wsopq0fh said:
Chatting to someone today who also mentioned Bradley had moved out of his apartment on the Hoe and that Doncaster had apparently made him a contract offer.

Has he not just moved out of his apartment and gone back to Hull for the summer...... like he did last summer. :whistle:

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
TPG Extreme":2ummmuby said:
Glynn":2ummmuby said:

Has he not just moved out of his apartment and gone back to Hull for the summer...... like he did last summer. :whistle:

Potentially mate, I was just adding my 2 pence to the thread seeing that I also heard he'd moved out. Could very well be that his 12 month tenancy agreement is up and his landlord wouldn't renew or a number of things. You've gotta love this time of the season as we don't have much else to talk about.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Glynn":1ld1qusi said:
Would be quite depressing losing a really key player to Doncaster.