Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

May 8, 2011
Neilz5419":2wa6zy2j said:
“Plymouth Live have been told by an informed source that Bradley is not averse to staying at Argyle but is considering all his options.”

Reading between the lines if location was his main reason for wanting to leave he wouldnt be thinking about staying, which would suggest money is the main factor, bascially offer him more money and he would stay.

The informed source must be either Bradley or his agent, sounds like the other offers aren’t that great or the grass isn’t always greener...

Doubt very much if Adams will increase the contract already offered, but we will see who is most stubborn, I think I know already though.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Neilz5419":3p90u8uf said:
“Plymouth Live have been told by an informed source that Bradley is not averse to staying at Argyle but is considering all his options.”

Reading between the lines if location was his main reason for wanting to leave he wouldnt be thinking about staying, which would suggest money is the main factor, bascially offer him more money and he would stay.

Sonny might want to look at the impact on his career Adams has had too, moved around a lot before he came to Argyle and has really found a home with us and a place that he's loved!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That should put him off.

As others have said, it's either Eddy or Sonny, so if one has to go I'd rather it was Bradley than Edwards, in my opinion Eddy is the better footballer.

Saying that, it would be even better if we can keep both at Home Park.

May 22, 2006
Steve Evans":2wmxzhf6 said:
i think sonny is replaceable meself.a very good player but i trust derek to match him or better him.

We can easily replace him with the 5 million we'd get for Lameiras.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Also depends if [insert club here] rate him as a first team player or back-up. That will dictate his wages and Barnsley or whoever may not offer over and above what Argyle offer if he will be a bench warmer for them. At Argyle i suspect he would be one of the highest earners so whilst clubs may have different budgets, their priorities and salary distribution may not necessarily correlate to higher wages for the player.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Worth mentioning this rumour has been started by yet another fake ITK twitter account. Barnsley don’t even have a manager at the moment.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps, worth recalling this from Sonny Bradley in early February.

“I have had a brief talk with the manager,” Bradley told Herald Sport. “I’m in the same boat as six or seven of the boys who are out of contract.
“I’m sure leading up to the summer talks will progress and, hopefully, this squad sticks together and we all get offered new deals.
“I think we have got something going here. Potentially, we have got something special.
“If we keep this squad together next season, maybe with a few more additions, I don’t see no reason why we can’t compete at the top end of League One.”

The general opinion amongst Argyle supporters is that Sonny is as good as gone.

Attitudes can change in 3 or 4 months but that statement didn't suggest that he was desperate to get back up north.

Feb 17, 2017
100% gone apparently and just deciding which club to go to at the moment for the most money between Barnsley and others, I’ll wait for the official announcement before thinking anymore but certainly doesn’t look good.

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
Remember how passionately he tore at his badge when celebrating his goal at Oxford while pointing at the ground.
At that point be looked like the most committed player in the team.

I for one hope they were not empty gesticulations.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
hermangelmet":2csokyhs said:
Remember how passionately he tore at his badge when celebrating his goal at Oxford while pointing at the ground.

Remember it well and it was a clear “sign me up” gesture, however I would imagine players and the manager have varying opinions in their values, players also have to look out for themselves financially as their careers are so short.

I hope Sonny stays and see him as a forerunner for captaining the club, but if a team offers him more money/length of contract I understand him moving on and he goes with my thanks.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Like everyone out of contract, with an offer on the table and in demand it is all a question about money and egos.

Compare that to a released player with no offer; that’s all about feeding the family and prolonging a cherished career.

Life is hard.

May 8, 2011
Bubba":3ms5x368 said:
hermangelmet":3ms5x368 said:

Remember it well and it was a clear “sign me up” gesture, however I would imagine players and the manager have varying opinions in their values, players also have to look out for themselves financially as their careers are so short.

I hope Sonny stays and see him as a forerunner for captaining the club, but if a team offers him more money/length of contract I understand him moving on and he goes with my thanks.

Adams had no problems getting Taylor and Sarcevic to sign new contracts, Sarcevic tweeted that the decision was a no brainer. Something not mentioned much.

Taylor and his agent would know how important he is to Argyle and use that as a bargaining point to extract as much from Argyle as possible but was happy to accept what was offered.

Perhaps an indication of what players Adams knows are more important to him and are more difficult to replace.

It would therefore appear that Adams doesn’t value Bradley as much as Bradley thinks he is worth and his ego has taken a bit of a hit so he is a bit sulky.