Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Aug 2, 2011
Bubba":2zepr8tt said:
hermangelmet":2zepr8tt said:
Remember how passionately he tore at his badge when celebrating his goal at Oxford while pointing at the ground.
At that point be looked like the most committed player in the team.

I for one hope they were not empty gesticulations.

Remember it well and it was a clear “sign me up” gesture, however I would imagine players and the manager have varying opinions in their values, players also have to look out for themselves financially as their careers are so short.

I hope Sonny stays and see him as a forerunner for captaining the club, but if a team offers him more money/length of contract I understand him moving on and he goes with my thanks.

Thumping the club badge on a shirt is a meaningless gesture with regard to player loyalty. It has become a routine gesture as part of the ritual performed after scoring. Do not be fooled into believing it supersedes wages in determining whether a player will stay or go in te transfer window.

Jul 12, 2016
Similar gesture to seeing a newly appointed manager wearing his new club's scarf.
Means nothing.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Neilz5419":26kodsys said:
100% gone apparently and just deciding which club to go to at the moment for the most money between Barnsley and others, I’ll wait for the official announcement before thinking anymore but certainly doesn’t look good.

:yawn:

Getting a spot of deja vu here. I doubt Graha... I mean, Sonny himself knows for sure if he’s going to leave yet.

Oct 24, 2013
Tony_Flags":20m1t12v said:
Like everyone out of contract, with an offer on the table and in demand it is all a question about money and egos.

Compare that to a released player with no offer; that’s all about feeding the family and prolonging a cherished career.

Life is hard.

Disagree with this. Family circumstances and future planning is relevant for a player regardless of whether a contract is offered or not. To suggest that it is all about money and ego does Sonny a disservice. We have no idea what his personal circumstances are and whatever decision he makes will be the best for himself and his family.

Aug 11, 2013
nick_PASTIE":jclqdpgr said:
IJN":jclqdpgr said:
Neilz5419":jclqdpgr said:
100% gone apparently.

What does that actually mean Neil?

100% = total certainty
Gone = left
Apparently = as far as I know.

So “With total certainty (Sonny has) left as far as I know”.

:whistle:

Heard the same from someone close to the player this morning. Improved contract nowhere near other offers.

Feb 17, 2017
arrythewurzel":35g3xey4 said:
nick_PASTIE":35g3xey4 said:
IJN":35g3xey4 said:
Neilz5419":35g3xey4 said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

Heard the same from someone close to the player this morning. Improved contract nowhere near other offers.

Same here, Sonny used to live opposite me but he moved out a couple weeks ago, still see a few people he knows though when going to work etc and they said he will not be playing for argyle again unless there is a serious improvement and hes just deciding between the offers on the table, if we see him pre season here i would be amazed.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Problem is we don't pay top third League 1 wages and Sonny is a top third league 1 player. Something has to give; love the club or otherwise he'll have to move to get what he wants.

Feb 17, 2017
Sonny is a good player but i actually think Edwards with another CB in a similar mould to Vyner, maybe even Vyner if he comes back again would be as good if not better as a partnership anyway, we already know bradley and edwards do not work together, maybe adams does not want to offer carey figure wages for bradley which is maybe what hes looking for.
Was quite suprised when Sky said Coventry City have a player budget of £2 million a year that seems a lot.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Adams has always used a left/right footed centre back partnership in Hartley/Nelson and Bradley/Vyner-Edwards-Songo’o so I can't see him using Vyner and Edwards as a partnership.

If Bradley does leave I reckon Adams will sign another left footed centre back, although they are not as plentiful as right footed centre backs.

Oct 24, 2013
arrythewurzel":t1rug3he said:
nick_PASTIE":t1rug3he said:
IJN":t1rug3he said:
Neilz5419":t1rug3he said:
100% gone apparently.

100% = total certainty
Gone = left

Exactly the same as Carey last summer then...