Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Aug 11, 2013
I think I would have been concerned had we signed him on a three year deal ..... so good luck to him for getting that kind of security out of Luton. Not many three year deals going around for 27 year olds.

Lovely club, lovely ground, in a super setting. Best of luck.

Mar 8, 2016
Luton it is then, does he get a good reception from us next season? Does he get booed? Or does he get no acknowledgment what so ever?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Certainly shouldn't get a good reception.

He's ditched the manager who put his career on an upward trajectory, a fan base that loved him and a club that he was surely about to become captain of, all for a bit of extra cash.

Oct 14, 2015
A good reception....why wouldn't we?? He's moved for career security and I'm sure we'd all do that and he never gave anything less than 100% for us.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think he'll come to regret this move.

Fair enough Luton may have offered him more money but will he be as popular and loved there as he was here? I doubt it.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":1vmu0jh0 said:
A good reception....why wouldn't we?? He's moved for career security and I'm sure we'd all do that and he never gave anything less than 100% for us.

I personally wouldn't take a backwards career step for a bit of extra cash.

The grass isn't always greener, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, the majority of players who leave Derek Adams find that out quickly enough when their new manager can't get the best out of them.

Mar 8, 2016
Yeah fair enough, I’d be more inclined to give him no acknowledgment what so ever. Tony capaldi moved on for similar reasons and he got hounded on his return to Home park. I suppose football fans have become more softer these days.

G

greengiant1886

Can't believe what some people are saying.

He should definitely not get a bad reception when he returns, he gave everything whilst he was here and has left for the security of a 3 year contract.

S

Spix

Cobi Budge":lkl42862 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":lkl42862 said:

The grass isn't always greener, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, the majority of players who leave Derek Adams find that out quickly enough when their new manager can't get the best out of them.

But it's not a step backwards, is it! He's gone to a club on the up, and of course Luton can pay him more because they've got him for nothing. As for the manager, Luton have one of the top young managers in the game in Nathan Jones. They also have a brand new spanking ground on the horizon along with training facilities that are envied by some championship clubs.

:sick: Those green eyes of envy do you no favours.

Oct 14, 2015
I agree with you Cobi, think he'll regret it but unfortunately money talks. Nathan Jones is very inexperienced in terms of management and may struggle this season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have no problem with sonny signing for luton.he completed his playing contract with us and now has a new job.i won't be giving him a bad reception.i'll be applauding him meself.i do feel that sonny,along with most players on the planet are replaceable.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Spix":1cjg4dui said:
Cobi Budge":1cjg4dui said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1cjg4dui said:

But it's not a step backwards, is it! He's gone to a club on the up, and of course Luton can pay him more because they've got him for nothing. As for the manager, Luton have one of the top young managers in the game in Nathan Jones. They also have a brand new spanking ground on the horizon along with training facilities that are envied by some championship clubs.

:sick: Those green eyes of envy do you no favours.

We're a bigger club than Luton with a better fan base.

We finished almost an entire league higher than them last season.

We have a manager who achieved promotion faster than Nathan Jones with just a third of the budget.

We have a much more pleasant city.

I'm far from a green tint, those are just facts.

It's a backwards step, or at least a sideways step, with no real eye for any career progression.

Aug 4, 2011
He must've spoken to Jervis before making the move, so despite Jervis barely featuring since leaving whatever was discussed was not enough to dissuade Bradley.

At least we know his weaknesses, Lyle Taylor tore him apart at Home Park earlier this year. Hopefully with some new striking options we'll be able to exploit him for pace.