Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Mar 14, 2009
There is no point coming across as bitter.

The guy came in and we didn’t expect him to get ahead of Osbourne and Bullvitus. He played his heart out for Argyle. For that, l am not sure why people just can’t say thank you and move on.

He gave two very good years. Didn’t exactly let us down. At certain points it was often Bradley vs the opposition as back four go AWOL when he wasn’t in the side.

He left for much better money and got a 3 year deal. Whatever you say about Luton, eg there a smaller club, the harsh reality is they are spending decent money on players/wages and have very decent players already at the club like Collins, Hylton and Berry.

However, Argyle were the first club he actually played well for. Was that him maturing as a player or was it down to DA. Perhaps a bit of both. I never thought Bradley was better than league one because of his lack of pace. The fact championship clubs could of snapped him up for nothing and didn’t says enough. If championship clubs really wanted him their budgets are much bigger than league one clubs.

Luton already gave us £125,000 for Jervis who was OK, when his back wasn’t to goal. I think that was great money for a player who wasn’t even getting in the first 11 at the time. Again Jervis didn’t have the best backgrounds from other clubs he played for. Yet Argyle got the most out of him. Sounds familiar to that of Sonny although Bradley is a much better player who has the right character to succeed.

We had some great times with him at Argyle. We move on. He moves on. I’m sure there will be a new fan favourite next season who will help us forget about Bradley.

Feb 17, 2017
Cobi Budge":2f6osspa said:
Spix":2f6osspa said:
Cobi Budge":2f6osspa said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2f6osspa said:
A good reception....why wouldn't we?? He's moved for career security and I'm sure we'd all do that and he never gave anything less than 100% for us.

I personally wouldn't take a backwards career step for a bit of extra cash.

The grass isn't always greener, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, the majority of players who leave Derek Adams find that out quickly enough when their new manager can't get the best out of them.

But it's not a step backwards, is it! He's gone to a club on the up, and of course Luton can pay him more because they've got him for nothing. As for the manager, Luton have one of the top young managers in the game in Nathan Jones. They also have a brand new spanking ground on the horizon along with training facilities that are envied by some championship clubs.

:sick: Those green eyes of envy do you no favours.

We're a bigger club than Luton with a better fan base.

We finished almost an entire league higher than them last season.

We have a manager who achieved promotion faster than Nathan Jones with just a third of the budget.

We have a much more pleasant city.

I'm far from a green tint, those are just facts.

It's a backwards step, or at least a sideways step, with no real eye for any career progression.

Promotion will bring bigger crowds for them, also a new stadium on the way they are showing ambition, if we go in the other direction this could easily change

They were in League 2 we were in League one what else could they do other than finish a league behind us?

We have a manager who achieved promotion faster than Nathan Jones with just a third of the budget.
We no doubt have a good manager but a third of the budget is one the reaons hes left, again showing ambition and going in the right direction

subjective to say the least, maybe you are not a green tint but these are not facts as you say

S

Spix

So what is Luton's budget? I ask as you seem remarkably well informed on the subject. What I do know is that last season Luton reduced their wage bill by over 20% compared to the previous season and having done so went on to gain promotion.

There was a lot of total rubbish spouted by league two managers last season accross the board when in fact they had financed the season througn the sales of Cameron McGeehan 'c' £1million, Isaac Vassell 'c' £1.75million, Jack Marriott 'c' £500,000 previous to which they pocketed huge sums from Brentford and Burnley when those two clubs sold on Andre Gray. If Marriott moves as is predicted for between 5 and 6 million they will pick up another £1.5million as they inserted a sell on clause for 25/30% of any profit made on him.

Luton F.C. is run on a sound financial footing. Don't believe all the crap you hear from other managers who are just plain jealous, particularly those who moaned after taking a hammering from Luton last season. Luton won't be far away from another promotion this coming season.

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":mtkazou0 said:
Spix":mtkazou0 said:
Cobi Budge":mtkazou0 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":mtkazou0 said:
A good reception....why wouldn't we?? He's moved for career security and I'm sure we'd all do that and he never gave anything less than 100% for us.

The grass isn't always greener, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, the majority of players who leave Derek Adams find that out quickly enough when their new manager can't get the best out of them.

But it's not a step backwards, is it! He's gone to a club on the up, and of course Luton can pay him more because they've got him for nothing. As for the manager, Luton have one of the top young managers in the game in Nathan Jones. They also have a brand new spanking ground on the horizon along with training facilities that are envied by some championship clubs.

It's a backwards step, or at least a sideways step, with no real eye for any career progression.

Staying at Argyle with a third of the budget of Luton demonstrates ambition?

The only ambition in that is how to pay his mortgage when another employer is offering considerably more.

Mar 23, 2008
He's gone, a bit 'meh' really, amazed he's signed for Luton as a sideways move at best but hey ho, thanks for you efforts and here's hoping Taylor smashes you this season!

S

Spix

Spot on Knibbsworth, and who in their right mind wouldn't change employers whilst doing the same job for a substantially higher wage?

Most players are washed up by the time they're 32, some are finished even earlier than that. Bradley is doing no more than we would all do, looking after himself and his loved ones while he's in a position to better himself financially.

Feb 15, 2005
Why the nastyness as he served us well, he was a committed player who did very well for us. Thanks Sonny and good luck, I wish you well bar two games and will clap you on your return.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Army green":35tpjonr said:
What nastiness??
i think some have been saying things like "derek made him a better player,luton is a dump"etc etc.he has completed his contract and has a new job.i don't have a problem with it and i reiterate i think derek will bring in better.good luck sonny.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Good luck to him but something tells me the grass might not be greener on the other side. Very disappointed but obviously we gave him a new deal and he wanted a change. Good luck with your future Sonny (apart from against us this season of course)

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Well, hardly a step up is it lol. Enjoy life in that grim as fudge white gold that the Russian's wouldn't waste a nuke on . I would love it, just live it if they go straight back down

S

Spix

Argyle-sy":1vrb9blc said:
Well, hardly a step up is it lol. Enjoy life in that grim as flip white gold that the Russian's wouldn't waste a nuke on . I would love it, just live it if they go straight back down

Oh dear. Do calm down chum before you do yourself a mischief. Bradley's moved to improve his financial security and he's moved to a bigger and more ambitious club, a club that can afford to improve both his wages and no doubt his footballing ability, given their superb training facility and coaching staff, not to mention a top young manager who won't spend all his career in the lower divisions, of that you can be sure. If you were in that situation in your employment I'm sure you would do the same.

As for Luton going straight back down, no chance chum, not a cat in hells chance of that happening. The more likely scenario, as time will no doubt prove, is that Luton will be challenging for another promotion, at worst they'll be looking for a play off place.

So dry your eyes, accept the inevitable, Plymouth will play second fiddle next season to the mighty Hatters.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Spix":ct6bjk7s said:
Argyle-sy":ct6bjk7s said:
Well, hardly a step up is it lol. Enjoy life in that grim as flip white gold that the Russian's wouldn't waste a nuke on . I would love it, just live it if they go straight back down

Oh dear. Do calm down chum before you do yourself a mischief. Bradley's moved to improve his financial security and he's moved to a bigger and more ambitious club, a club that can afford to improve both his wages and no doubt his footballing ability, given their superb training facility and coaching staff, not to mention a top young manager who won't spend all his career in the lower divisions, of that you can be sure. If you were in that situation in your employment I'm sure you would do the same.

As for Luton going straight back down, no chance chum, not a cat in hells chance of that happening. The more likely scenario, as time will no doubt prove, is that Luton will be challenging for another promotion, at worst they'll be looking for a play off place.

So dry your eyes, accept the inevitable, Plymouth will play second fiddle next season to the mighty Hatters.
I smell a Lootown fan.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Cobi Budge":2renv9tg said:
Spix":2renv9tg said:
Cobi Budge":2renv9tg said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2renv9tg said:

He's getting paid a lot more, presumably. It's a short career and he needs to earn whilst he can. Stop looking at it like a fan, it's just a job to them.