Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley update 12.06.18: Signs for Luton

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I thought this was on the cards but thanks for all your time here Sonny.

Nobby makes some sensible points.

Why do we feel the need to virtually reconstruct the squad each summer ?

Why cannot we seem to maintain the bulk of our squad from one season to the next ?

IF they were good enough last season in League 1, why are now NOT good enough ?

Or is Derek Adams continually trying to find "a wee gem" for nought ?

But what do I know ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps ‘Good enough for League 1’ is not good enough for DA.

Mar 14, 2009
I think that some people are now looking for signings of pedigree.

In people’s head the fact these players are unattached and released from their clubs gives that feeling straight away that the odds of a player turning into a real prospect next season isnt that high.

I look back to the last time we were in league one. I don’t remember that many “Marquee” signings by Sturrock. Maybe Jason Bent..

So what is good enough? You look at the players that are currently at Argyle. When they first came to Argyle l don’t see many clubs that were interested in these players. Bradley was a perfect example. We signed him from Crawley Town. People were saying he isn’t a player of any pedigree. Two years later we are sorry to see him leave.

I think what would change the mood perhaps if Argyle signed one, maybe two, players with a little “wow” factor and there is still plenty of time for that to happen.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":trfezv6w said:
I think that some people are now looking for signings of pedigree.

In people’s head the fact these players are unattached and released from their clubs gives that feeling straight away that the odds of a player turning into a real prospect next season isnt that high.

I look back to the last time we were in league one. I don’t remember that many “Marquee” signings by Sturrock. Maybe Jason Bent..

So what is good enough? You look at the players that are currently at Argyle. When they first came to Argyle l don’t see many clubs that were interested in these players. Bradley was a perfect example. We signed him from Crawley Town. People were saying he isn’t a player of any pedigree. Two years later we are sorry to see him leave.

I think what would change the mood perhaps if Argyle signed one, maybe two, players with a little “wow” factor and there is still plenty of time for that to happen.

Difference was Bradley had been player of the year previous season rather than enduring an injury plagued season.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Penlee":2jhujnb3 said:
I'm sure it has already been said but IF Bradley and Edwards doesn't work then Adams had no choice but to offer a contract he would refuse.

Bradley's best mate on Twitter saying it was derisory corroborated this.

Adams is ruthless in his drive for success. Fair play to him.
I’ve never really understood this theory. Why offer a contract to someone you don’t really want? Surely it’s easier not to offer one.

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":jfqt2446 said:
IJN":jfqt2446 said:

Why offer him a contract then?

Seems obvious, iff this scenario is correct, then Adams would have offered Bradley a contract knowing that he would be able to do better elsewhere, wouldn't he?

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":2ags2e6o said:
Balham_Green":2ags2e6o said:
IJN":2ags2e6o said:

Seems obvious, iff this scenario is correct, then Adams would have offered Bradley a contract knowing that he would be able to do better elsewhere, wouldn't he?

As above. See Mork

Mar 8, 2016
jimsing":nq3pvhj9 said:
Balham_Green":nq3pvhj9 said:
IJN":nq3pvhj9 said:

People are just making things up now to justify him leaving us. Derek is ruthless, if he didn’t want Bradley then he would have told him as much. He was offered a new contract because Adams wanted him to stay. Truth is Bradley has a number of better deals elsewhere, from clubs we see as being smaller than we are.

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":5d33avsm said:
jimsing":5d33avsm said:
Balham_Green":5d33avsm said:
IJN":5d33avsm said:

As above. See Mork

It is politics. It helps the new club, who can say to their fans that they stole him from under our noses! It gives the fans the impression that they have done a wonderful deal that we couldn't match.

It happens all the time, I'm surprised you didn't realise!!

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":25rwjr61 said:
Balham_Green":25rwjr61 said:
jimsing":25rwjr61 said:
Balham_Green":25rwjr61 said:
IJN":25rwjr61 said:

As above. See Mork

It is politics. It helps the new club, who can say to their fans that they stole him from under our noses! It gives the fans the impression that they have done a wonderful deal that we couldn't match.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Why would we care about his new club?

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":v8brteii said:
jimsing":v8brteii said:
jimsing":v8brteii said:
IJN":v8brteii said:

As above. See Mork

Sounds like nonsense to me. Why would we care about his new club?

Managers have to be seen to be doing the right thing, especially by their own fans. Imagine what we would say if Adams just released Bradley, without offering him a contract???!!!

It's called etiquette, BG, but I expect it's a bit above you.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Etiquette? What are you on about Jimsing? We offer him a new contract to help his next club look good? You seriously think that’s Adams’ concern?