Blackburn 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday. FT | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday. FT

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
A sieve in goal maybe but still beat Leeds. Blackburn are similar to us ,inconsistent and over reliant on certain players to score
They beat Leeds like we beat Leicester, that's why I always describe it as a week to week league. Their run in means they are every bit as much at risk as Argyle.

Reactions: GreenThing
Jan 31, 2023
But we need to find a way of creating chances. That's my worry. We always look like conceding so we need to find a way to create more than we currently are because at the moment we asking players to literally score from one, maybe two, opportunities in 90 mins.
Too late

Reactions: MoorGreen
Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It's all about momentum for those at the bottom AND at the top. Teams going into play-offs won't rest too many players. It's the mid table teams who are likely to play their youth and ressies.
Like Sunderland didn't the last time we were relegated? Why would they bust a gut or risk key players? Why not give them a well earned rest before crucial games? .... is it worth the risk to finish 5th rather than 6th? I wish we were home to Norwich for our last game like Brum.

Feb 11, 2024
Or at Birmingham or the comedy OG at Cardiff…..!
Were only looking at our season in isolation. These things even themselves out over a season look at Huddersfield conceding a last minute pen against Bristol city and im sure all teams in the league have stories of games they should have won. A league isnt like cup football, those who go down deserve to go down and thats a fact, even if thats argyle its only fair. We are clearly not a championship standard side, we are league 1 and a half, so we have to say based on our resources we are punching well above our weight. The fact that a city the size and catchment of Plymouth can only muster up a sub par championship side is a debate for another thread.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't see where another point is coming from unless Hull roll up with a sub strength team in the final game.
Having said that, most fans of Birmingham, Blackburn and Huddersfield are probably feeling the same about their chances.
I think we are relying on Huddersfield beating Birmingham or otherwise we have to get a point from somewhere.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I don't see where another point is coming from unless Hull roll up with a sub strength team in the final game.
Having said that, most fans of Birmingham, Blackburn and Huddersfield are probably feeling the same about their chances.
I think we are relying on Huddersfield beating Birmingham or otherwise we have to get a point from somewhere.
I was among the green army at the game yesterday, I really did not expect that performance which was utterly pathetic.
Maybe Schuey was texting them before the game about next season and the £££s on offer.
The players need to have a good look at themselves.
I do think we will stay up even though we may not get another point,tbh to calm the nerves I'm hoping we get something at Millwall.
Yesterday was bad but that's gone and we move onwards and upwards 💚💚

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It’s all a conspiracy!

All the northern clubs have been having secret meetings, working out who can beat who, in order for the northern clubs to stay in the Championship and Argyle (that nobody likes travelling to) get relegated. The referees are in on it as well.

Now where did I put that tinfoil?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 28, 2022
Those two points thrown away against Coventry City look so crucial now. With our current performances can't see us scoring again this season to be honest. One shot on target against Stoke and how many against Leicester, was it one or two. Terrible pressure on the last two games and can't see our current team dealing too well with that situation to be honest. Hardie and Whitticker not scoring any more, who else will?.God I have hated this season to be honest from Christmas, no enjoyment whatsoever. Every weekend a disaster, feel totally stressed, dispirited and to top it all Man Utd win, somehow, to reach the FA cup final!. The tournament that none of the so called elite want to be bothered with again. I hate football!!!.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Millwall will only be shooting themselves in the foot if they do beat us. They're safe now and have nothing to play for. We're one of the few clubs who would have a smaller budget than Millwall next season. They should really want to see us stay up over the teams around us. I'm not suggesting they should throw the game, but ultimately I don't think Millwall would be that upset if we beat them.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
We defo need to win one of our games.
We have more to play for against Millwall and that will possibly be true about Hull as well. COYG

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Big frustration for me (apart from our throwing away of points from winning positions, which keeps haunting me) is that somehow we’re worse than we were last season at this point. Perhaps we’re more solid defensively but our attack has been downgraded.
I know it’s pessimistic but Argyle are on the hard shoulder with smoke coming from the bonnet and I fully expect to get overtaken. So disappointing if it happens as we worked so hard to get here.
Weird how just a few months ago I felt we were on course to stay up and push on to become a sustainable Championship club but now I can’t see us scoring another goal. January really was awful.
I’m begging to be proven wrong but I don’t see that we have much more to offer.

Reactions: vibratingspider