Blackburn 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday. FT | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn 1 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday. FT

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Millwall will only be shooting themselves in the foot if they do beat us. They're safe now and have nothing to play for. We're one of the few clubs who would have a smaller budget than Millwall next season. They should really want to see us stay up over the teams around us. I'm not suggesting they should throw the game, but ultimately I don't think Millwall would be that upset if we beat them.
Do you know I had exactly the same thought! Sadly I think it’s wishful thinking. I get the concerns and there is an air of grim inevitability from our perspective But I think the players will surely respond after that performance on Saturday. We were naive and getting involved in that nonsense with Cooper did us no favours it just riled their fans and sparked them into life whilst we just completely lost the plot. Once they scored we were all over the place and had they scored five or six we couldn’t have complained. But it’s gone and the situation is still in our hands let’s hope there are some honest conversations this week amongst the players and management as well. 3 points on Saturday should, with the emphasis on should, be enough.

Mar 23, 2008
I wish I shared your optimism . After the Leicester game I was delighted and thought we might do it but after yesterday I have big doubts. We are absolutely toothless, our defensive frailties are back and the least said about our midfield the better. We look like relegation candidates.
Looking at is another way, we need one more big effort to get a win not two.
We are playing two teams with nothing to play for, we can do this.

Aug 29, 2012
I wonder if Millwall's desire to beat us might be tempered not only with now being safe but is it better to retain a low budget, bound to struggle again next season team...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I'll do better than that. We've scored 5 in the last 10 matches. We've conceded 12.
Forgive me for not feeling your wave of green-tinted optimism.
It’s not green tinted optimism to think that we might get a goal or two in our remaining matches when we have scored 3 in the 4 games since Foster left. You say we can’t win because we don’t score any goals, but we do.

Jan 6, 2004
if this season has taught us anything it is that you cannot read future performances from the last performance/result. We seem to have gone up and down like yo yos all season (except the latter half of Foster's reign when the squad seemed to have given up). There are more downs than up because we are not strong at this level, but it still seems to me more likely than not we will get the point we probably need either from Millwall or Hull

Oh and while Hardie probably should be rested Morgan needs to play. His all around game is not great at the moment but he is still our best goal scoring prospect with a near miss and forcing a good save at Stoke.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It’s all a conspiracy!

All the northern clubs have been having secret meetings, working out who can beat who, in order for the northern clubs to stay in the Championship and Argyle (that nobody likes travelling to) get relegated. The referees are in on it as well.

Now where did I put that tinfoil?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funnily enough I was only thinking last night, what would Sunderland think playing Sheff Wednesday on the last day?
Would the players and staff think they would rather have a short trip to Sheffield next season or the long slog to Plymouth?
Either way I don't see Sunderland being up for anything in their final two games.

Reactions: Andy S

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
It’s not green tinted optimism to think that we might get a goal or two in our remaining matches when we have scored 3 in the 4 games since Foster left. You say we can’t win because we don’t score any goals, but we do.
I think you and I should leave it there. I respect your opinion, but I think you're kidding yourself.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
The one point Blackburn have could save them at our expense.I will not remember this season with affection. Too much pressure.

We do not deserve to stay up. Yesterday proved it.
Normally winning the league as champions will see you ok for the next level but oh boy we had some twist and turns and to be honest i can't say i've enjoyed it all that much either it's been a battle since the turn of the year.

We will support the team in numbers as we always do and help them as much as we can but if we dont get 1 more win or pointage to see us safe than we deserve what we get no ifs or buts or maybes.

But i have every faith we will get over the line who knows we may even end the season with a bang.

Jul 12, 2016
Normally winning the league as champions will see you ok for the next level but oh boy we had some twist and turns and to be honest i can't say i've enjoyed it all that much either it's been a battle since the turn of the year.

We will support the team in numbers as we always do and help them as much as we can but if we dont get 1 more win or pointage to see us safe than we deserve what we get no ifs or buts or maybes.

But i have every faith we will get over the line who knows we may even end the season with a bang.
Here’s hoping. We Argyle supporters know we never do things the easy way. Daft thing is we carry on supporting regardless of how much stress it puts us under!

Reactions: greenpig27

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Here’s hoping. We Argyle supporters know we never do things the easy way. Daft thing is we carry on supporting regardless of how much stress it puts us under!
Seems like either way we are going to get hammered staying up yay get hammered in the pocket or getting relegated pride getting hammered.

It's like we are all strapped in on a roller coaster and no one knows how to prep for either outcome more so for us 2nd class supporters and i didn't mean that in any disrespect whatsoever,

But i have a feeling my wife isn't going to be happy with me either way :LOL:

Reactions: oldage
Oct 14, 2015
Looking at is another way, we need one more big effort to get a win not two.
We are playing two teams with nothing to play for, we can do this.
Hull may well have something to play for. If they win their next two games and Norwich or WBA have a wobble they can make the play offs..I think????