Barnet v Hereford - Friday night | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barnet v Hereford - Friday night

May 22, 2006
GreenSam":1r7k497g said:
pastiesforlife":1r7k497g said:
A draw is the best result. If Hereford lose they have to win last 3 games to catch us (45 Pts). If they draw they move to 37pts but realistically still need to win the last three games as 7pts would probably still see them below us on goal diff. So a draw is no real benfit to Hereford but Barnet are also two points worse off.
I disagree.

If they picked up 8 points over their last 4 games (a draw tonight and then 7 more points) and we lost every single game, I think they'd almost certainly overtake our goal difference.

A Barnet win would be in our best interests (imo). The goal difference swing is only of 9 between us and Hereford, if they draw twice, win twice and we lose 4 times, there's a very strong chance they'd overtake our GD. I definetely don't want them to get anything tonight.

A Barnet win and Barnet need one win and Hereford 3 wins to overtake us. A draw and Barnet need 2 wins and Hereford 3 wins. All academic if we can secure pointage in the last four games.

Aug 22, 2006
BethelGreen":1sw2hqxk said:
Barnet win please, we don't want Hereford or Macclesfield building any momentum now.

Momentum? Barnet winning will effectively give them a massive boost. Hereford will be finished but what about Macclesfield? If they go on a good run then that leaves a 3 horse race between us, Barnet and Macclesfield. A draw will still be a POOR result for Hereford, and Barnet will still be 4 points behind us. Surely a draw is the best result?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":1yxewneb said:
BethelGreen":1yxewneb said:
Barnet win please, we don't want Hereford or Macclesfield building any momentum now.

Momentum? Barnet winning will effectively give them a massive boost. Hereford will be finished but what about Macclesfield? If they go on a good run then that leaves a 3 horse race between us, Barnet and Macclesfield. A draw will still be a POOR result for Hereford, and Barnet will still be 4 points behind us. Surely a draw is the best result?
Hereford will be finished yeah- but surely it would leave a 4 horse race, Bradford are below us.

Anyway, in that scenario, Macclesfeild would need to outperform us by 8 points over 4 games. They haven't even got 8 points in all of 2012 so far!

Dec 2, 2010
Barnet win tonight. Hereford doomed and Fleetwood taking their place.

Macc will join them in the BSq.

Dec 2, 2010
Plenty of time and even if Hereford win, it just means Barnet are in the mix with them. Given recent games I expect a Barnet equaliser and then the pressure will really be on the bulls