Barnet v Hereford - Friday night | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barnet v Hereford - Friday night

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Now that we are almost :shifty: safe, I would actually prefer a Barnet win if I'm honest the sooner we are officially safe the better in my opinion and for that to happen we need the two bottom teams to pick up as little as possible we no longer need as many teams as possible down there in case of one team getting a burst of form, we only need two down there now and the less points Hereford and Macclesfield pick up the fewer points we will need to confirm our survival...

Having said that now that we are "out of it" maybe its become more a case of picking up a higher finish in which case a draw might be the best option just to keep the relegation zone at arms length and keep Barnet from catching us up, a few weeks ago I would have been more worried about finishing 22nd but now that seems all but done I want more, greedy us football fans :lol:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Without doubt we want a Barnet win. When we're at the bottom and looking up we want as many teams dragged into it as possible, when we're looking down we want the bottom 2 to fall off whoever they're playing.

P

pafcJet27

Clarke_B":6ur7em4j said:
I'm off to this game tonight so will try to give updates to P@soti as and when.

I was thinking of dropping in on the way home from work,but only the second half,as i dont get out till 8.
i`ll be posting on twitter if i can get in.
See you all at Swindon.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

B

BigburyBay

I want Hereford to win as I live in Hereford and want to see the Greens play here next season - in the league of course!

Nov 22, 2006
Mark Pedlar":3sblzq1g said:
Without doubt we want a Barnet win. When we're at the bottom and looking up we want as many teams dragged into it as possible, when we're looking down we want the bottom 2 to fall off whoever they're playing.

completely agree with this Hereford lose tonight and they need 3 wins out of there last 3 to finish above us without us picking up a single point in our last 4 which with the way the two clubs playing neither scenario is likely and with with Macclesfield facing a decent crewe side tomorrow a barnet win tonight I feel would more or less guarantee us safety
:scarf:

May 22, 2006
A draw is the best result. If Hereford lose they have to win last 3 games to catch us (45 Pts). If they draw they move to 37pts but realistically still need to win the last three games as 7pts would probably still see them below us on goal diff. So a draw is no real benfit to Hereford but Barnet are also two points worse off.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":m5crhhrk said:
A draw is the best result. If Hereford lose they have to win last 3 games to catch us (45 Pts). If they draw they move to 37pts but realistically still need to win the last three games as 7pts would probably still see them below us on goal diff. So a draw is no real benfit to Hereford but Barnet are also two points worse off.
I disagree.

If they picked up 8 points over their last 4 games (a draw tonight and then 7 more points) and we lost every single game, I think they'd almost certainly overtake our goal difference.

A Barnet win would be in our best interests (imo). The goal difference swing is only of 9 between us and Hereford, if they draw twice, win twice and we lose 4 times, there's a very strong chance they'd overtake our GD. I definetely don't want them to get anything tonight.

Aug 22, 2006
Draw please. Does either team no good at this point in time. If Barnet win then that's the morale boosting victory they need and whilst Hereford will be finished Barnet won't be and Macclesfield will be lifted by the result. And no we are not all but safe. We can easily lose our next 2 matches and Macclesfield and Barnet can easily when their next two so where does that leave us? Not in a great position. Also Hereford have tougher games coming up compared to Barnet and Macclesfield. So Hereford to draw please. Simple stuff.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
MAZZA26":11r0rk23 said:
Draw please. Does either team no good at this point in time. If Barnet win then that's the morale boosting victory they need and whilst Hereford will be finished Barnet won't be and Macclesfield will be lifted by the result. And no we are not all but safe. We can easily lose our next 2 matches and Macclesfield and Barnet can easily when their next two so where does that leave us? Not in a great position. Also Hereford have tougher games coming up compared to Barnet and Macclesfield. So Hereford to draw please. Simple stuff.
Macclesfeild, who have obtained 11 points in 24 games, can easily beat Crewe who have been on sensational form in 2012 and are going for a play off place and Bradford who are better at home?

They could win both games, anything COULD happen but it's hardly realistic or likely. Certainly not easy.

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
GreenSam":21wfhvv3 said:
pastiesforlife":21wfhvv3 said:
I disagree.

If they picked up 8 points over their last 4 games (a draw tonight and then 7 more points) and we lost every single game, I think they'd almost certainly overtake our goal difference.

A Barnet win would be in our best interests (imo). The goal difference swing is only of 9 between us and Hereford, if they draw twice, win twice and we lose 4 times, there's a very strong chance they'd overtake our GD. I definetely don't want them to get anything tonight.

You think we'll lose every single game?
Swindon - We'll probably lose
Oxford - At Home against the bigger sides we have been decent i reckon we'll get a point
Morecambe - 3rd worst home form in the league realistically we could get the win
Cheltenham - Dropped so quickly in recent games and gained 0 points from their last 5 away games, a draw at least would be expected but a win is achievable, so that's another 5 points at least that we should get, putting us on 49 and meaning they can't catch us even if they win all their games

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
TynesidePlymothian":3w4uv42n said:
GreenSam":3w4uv42n said:
pastiesforlife":3w4uv42n said:
I disagree.

You think we'll lose every single game?
Swindon - We'll probably lose
Oxford - At Home against the bigger sides we have been decent i reckon we'll get a point
Morecambe - 3rd worst home form in the league realistically we could get the win
Cheltenham - Dropped so quickly in recent games and gained 0 points from their last 5 away games, a draw at least would be expected but a win is achievable, so that's another 5 points at least that we should get, putting us on 49 and meaning they can't catch us even if they win all their games
No I agree with you, we could easily get 5/6 points from those games.

I'm just saying that I want Macclesfeild and Hereford to lose as much as possible so we're mathematically safe as soon as possible. 22nd really is no different to 21st or 20th in real terms. I entirely agree that we will probably pick up a fair few points, I just want it backed up so that we'd be fine even in the worst case of us gaining no more points. Better safe than sorry!