Barnet v Hereford - Friday night | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barnet v Hereford - Friday night

Sep 13, 2003
I will be venturing off to this game on Friday with some mates from work. I'm slightly perplexed though as I am always trying convince workmates to come to a London based Argyle game without much of a response...the moment a couple of us said we were going to Underhill...everyone wants to come along!

Should be able to relax and enjoy ( :shock: ) seeing as we are virtually safe. Come on you Bees!

R

RWW

I really hope Barnet win this one. That will put Hereford 8 points behind us with only 3 games left.

However, if we were in Macclesfield's postion what result would you want?

A Barnet win sees you go 6 points adrift of the one team you have to overtake.

A draw sends you to the bottom and you go 4 points adrift but have to overtake two teams. (although one is 1 point ahead)

A Barnet loss sees you go bottom and you will be 3 points adrift of the two teams you have to overtake.

:thumbdown:

Doesn't seem to be a good outcome for them

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
RWW":y6jd3w53 said:
I really hope Barnet win this one. That will put Hereford 8 points behind us with only 3 games left.

However, if we were in Macclesfield's postion what result would you want?

A Barnet win sees you go 6 points adrift of the one team you have to overtake.

A draw sends you to the bottom and you go 4 points adrift but have to overtake two teams. (although one is 1 point ahead)

A Barnet loss sees you go bottom and you will be 3 points adrift of the two teams you have to overtake.

:thumbdown:

Doesn't seem to be a good outcome for them
They'll want a Hereford win. 22nd is where they want to be and they want 22nd to be only 3 points ahead, not 4 or 6.

We on the other hand, want a Barnet win. We're on the home straight for survival now and we just need the bottom two to keep losing.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
If you're on twitter you can send your messages of good luck to Barnet here @BarnetFC. They've only won 1 in the last 10 (Hereford 2 out of 10) but let's hope their luck changes tomorrow night.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":w9idc6nr said:
If you're on twitter you can send your messages of good luck to Barnet here @BarnetFC. They've only won 1 in the last 10 (Hereford 2 out of 10) but let's hope their luck changes tomorrow night.
Awaits an explosive rant from Smiffy....

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
GreenSam":39juyhrb said:
Keepitgreen":39juyhrb said:
Awaits an explosive rant from Smiffy....
He could email his, assuming that form of communication is okay with him. :) :) :)

Dec 2, 2010
A Barnet win is what we want and I think they'll do it. Combined with a Crewe win at Macc, I can see the results going our way again!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Would a draw suffice?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":2li9cqhi said:
Would a draw suffice?
I don't think a draw would be much use to Hereford compared to our points tally and goal difference. They'd still need 2 good wins and a draw even if we didn't pick up any more points. So a draw wouldn't be disasterous for us.

Aug 3, 2011
Newcastle
I want Hereford to win because i want Hereford to stay up, yes it will put them 5 points of us, but do you really expect 2 of the bottom 3 to win 2 of their remaining 3/4 games without reply from Argyle.
We are all but safe, i don't expect any points on Saturday but we should pick some up from games v Oxford, Morecambe and Cheltenham

May 22, 2006
I'm also convinced that we've done enough, but I'll probably listen in anyway.

But in the interests of Argyle finishing as high as possible, a win for Barnet would leave them snapping at our heels with a bit of momentum and confidence. A draw keeps both teams nicely in the distance with nothing gained in terms of momentum, morale or GD.