Backroom staff? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Backroom staff?

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
It looks the same guy above who was sat in the dugout for the Leeds game.

View attachment 13772
I know someone has mentioned his name previously - but I am pretty sure that is Neil Ryan. Current England U16 Coach and an ex Man U coach for many years. Would make sense - would know IF well and perhaps down on a casual basis to help out?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I know someone has mentioned his name previously - but I am pretty sure that is Neil Ryan. Current England U16 Coach and an ex Man U coach for many years. Would make sense - would know IF well and perhaps down on a casual basis to help out?

I'm not so sure.
Whoever it is he's been involved in the last two home games.

The PL article published today is from Foster's press conference on Monday.

Mar 21, 2006
IF has mentioned Mike Marsh on a couple of occasions - he is currently assistant to Ryan Lowe at Preston. Maybe he’s waiting to see what happens there. If Lowe is sacked then Marsh maybe joins us?

Reactions: PL15 Green

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Few reasons he may not have staff yet. Is he waiting to reorganise the staff over the summer and maybe give Joe or Forshaw a role? Has he got people he wants to hire but they are in jobs right now? Or is he billy no mates and struggling to get someone to work with him?!!

I imagine it’s very much the former and not the latter!

Feb 14, 2022
I would agree with you...never sure what Hughes and Cavanagh did to be honest

There is more to their jobs then matchday - unless we are on the training field everyday or in the dressing room, we wouldn't see what they do.

It's like saying we only need 1 physio because only 1 runs on the field when a player is injured....
Training and planning doesn't take place in one big group all the time - it is broken down, players work on specifics in small groups and have individual plans - that is where extra hands and eyes on the training ground are needed.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Fozzy happy with Nance,Neil & Daryl-if it is not broke why fix it
Coming in mid season he may want to keep continuity with the coaching set up as the players fully understand the way Nance & Neil work
Daryl being the only addition due to the previous GK Coach leaving has not disrupted the players as they have completely brought into the Fozzy formula
Conor seems a different man under Daryl's tutelage
During the close season Fozzy will have the time to debrief the 6 months he has had with the squad & see if he requires further coaches in the dugout with him

Reactions: oke buoy
Dec 20, 2022
There is more to their jobs then matchday - unless we are on the training field everyday or in the dressing room, we wouldn't see what they do.

It's like saying we only need 1 physio because only 1 runs on the field when a player is injured....
Training and planning doesn't take place in one big group all the time - it is broken down, players work on specifics in small groups and have individual plans - that is where extra hands and eyes on the training ground are needed.

Can't speak for Cavanagh but Hughes is that he's Schueys mate from school and more of a confidant than anything. His matchday duty appeared to be holding a walkie talkie and relaying information from Dewsnip up in the stand

Reactions: pafc jack
Feb 14, 2022
Can't speak for Cavanagh but Hughes is that he's Schueys mate from school and more of a confidant than anything. His matchday duty appeared to be holding a walkie talkie and relaying information from Dewsnip up in the stand

We hardly saw Schuey on matchdays under Lowe yet we know he did most of the work on the training ground. Who knows how much Hughes and Cavanagh did during the week, all out of our sight. Given the demands of being 'top man' theses days, I expect quite a bit.

Reactions: Drake

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Checking out today's game, I had a look on Sunderland's page and their first team staff is surprisingly the same number as ours currently, except for an assistant head coach.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022
We hardly saw Schuey on matchdays under Lowe yet we know he did most of the work on the training ground. Who knows how much Hughes and Cavanagh did during the week, all out of our sight. Given the demands of being 'top man' theses days, I expect quite a bit.
I heard from a decent source Hughes contributed bugger all and wasn't particularly liked either. The source was close to a first team player so could be an axe to grind.

Reactions: Greenscombe

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new guy again features on Matchday Moments, this time at Sunderland.
It sounds like Edwards refers to him as 'Mitch'.
He's been on MM more times than Foster. 😃

Screenshot_20240213_090220_YouTube.jpg

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Whoever the new guy is or what role he does the club are quite happy to regularly show him on Matchday Moments and Tunnel Cam but not announce his name or what he does.

Reactions: pafc jack

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff