Backroom staff? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Backroom staff?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The manager thread is so long, things are missed that may have made for some debate.

So, if permitted on its own thread, we lost last month

Schumacher
Hughes
Cavanagh
Behcet

Foster replaces SS.
Euell (?) might replace Hughes - rumour only.

Questions:-

Will Cavanagh & Behcet both be replaced?

If so, any names connected with Foster previously expected to step in?

A strong backroom set up might help ensure a smooth transition. Plus, Dewsnip needs to return to his DoF role and focus on the incomings transfers this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's the biggest mystery so far, there have been no rumours about the back up staff.
Keith Downing maybe? Anthony White as the keeper coach? Who knows?

Jul 29, 2010
That's the biggest mystery so far, there have been no rumours about the back up staff.
Keith Downing maybe? Anthony White as the keeper coach? Who knows?
I think the thread could probably end on those two words.

Unless you go back to his League of Ireland days the lad hasn't had any underlings... he was the underling.

When announced I'd imagine the first response from everyone will be to visit Wikipedia.

Sep 17, 2017
Regarding Behcet I’m not sure he’s such a loss, there’s been criticism of both keepers Cooper and Hazard during his watch. I personally think both are equally as good but in different areas.
Although I’m sure the new manager will bring in his own team but dare I say Romain or Luke could improve our current crop of keepers ?

Reactions: MustardEagle

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The club said First-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will form a part of Foster’s coaching staff, with further announcements in due course confirming the full make-up of the Englishman’s backroom staff.

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
Think we’ll see some similarly talented and forward thinking backroom staff come onboard HMS Argyle. Genuinely excited to have a young hungry coach leading us, and not the usual dross that jump hopelessly and endlessly between Championship and League One clubs. Well done Mr and Mrs H, Andrew, Neil and the rest of the Board. Superb decision.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Regarding Behcet I’m not sure he’s such a loss, there’s been criticism of both keepers Cooper and Hazard during his watch. I personally think both are equally as good but in different areas.
Although I’m sure the new manager will bring in his own team but dare I say Romain or Luke could improve our current crop of keepers ?
And Hazard's best performance for us to date was after he'd left and, I think, Rhys Wilmot had been drafted in to help.

Oct 10, 2018
Really excited by the Ian Foster appointment, his resume is brilliant for the age and stage .many of our players are at.

He also has a mixture of useful experience, in coaching team at Coventry, then in a title winning team at Portsmouth.

Be interesting to see if he knows of any young creative players in the Saudi league, who he could bring over to Argyle.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I think the thread could probably end on those two words.

Unless you go back to his League of Ireland days the lad hasn't had any underlings... he was the underling.

When announced I'd imagine the first response from everyone will be to visit Wikipedia.
I've just watched his first interview. He has had an amazing apprenticeship and, especially at the FA, he will have worked with some huge talents. I believe his appointment opens up a huge array of excellent assistants for him to pick from. I'm sure that in over six years there he will have had increasing degrees of responsibility.
I am not sure 'underling' is the way this man will look upon his staff. The important thing is that professionals in the game won't be looking at Wikipedia to know who this guy is. It doesn't really matter if we knew him or not.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
I've heard Foster is bringing in Igor Smirnoff from Russia, Ivor McGuiness from Ireland and Bradley Thatcher from the FA. What a coaching team bar none.

Last edited:

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Having looked there's 2 names who worked as assistant to foster during the 690 days foster was England u20 head coach. They are Mikey Harris currently u15-u21 academy coaching and pathway manager at Brighton (only been there since march 2023). Then Marcos bignot currently assistant head coach at shrewsbury (only been there since July 2023)

Last edited:
Reactions: boletus edulis