Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 58 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The game itself will be worth watching for the Scarr / Lukaku battle alone. My thought remains that if Bradford City could have caused an upset, why not Argyle 'on the day'? I just hope the players do not get overawed by the occasion and freeze.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
The likelihood here is we won’t have too many moments of pulse racing joy, but who knows. It’s being there and being amongst 6000 Janners in the big city that is the event really, the result is secondary. I just hope we get to cheer a goal and that they aren’t out of sight after the first half an hour.

Reactions: saxman
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
The Chelsea side that beat Chesterfield was:

Bettinelli, Christensen, Sarr, Hall, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Saul, Kovacic, Werner, Pulisic, Lukaku.

Even if they rotated a bit more, you’re still looking at Ross Barkley, Reuben Loftus Cheek, Trevoh Chalobah etc.

I think we can expect to face a very good side. Like others, just hope we score like we did at the Emirates!

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jun 27, 2019
Not much chat on the Chelsea forum about this one, but there seems to be a consensus that it'll be mostly youngsters/reserves, with the exception of Werner and Havertz.

Some of those reserves are still pretty tasty mind.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Agreed. I find it very amusing that some on here thinking we can nick a result. I would love nothing more but seriously?
My hope is we can stay in the game long enough to make it worthwhile for everybody who has made the long journey.

My hope before the game at Anfield was if we can keep the margin down to at least 4 then I'll be very relieved.

We shithoused the result there and it was absolutely brilliant.

I don't think we'll try and toilet this one in the same way, but hopefully we don't leave ourselves too open for a drubbing. Again, 4 or less margin is a success for me 🙈

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Usually in a game like this there is a memorable moment or, if we are lucky, moments that live long in the collective Argyle history. I'm sure we can all recall a few - Derek Rickard equalising at Elland Road in 1973 is a big one for me.
Sometimes we don't realise the significance at the time (Kevin Hodges shot at Hillsborough?) but I'm sure there will be that 'moment' on Saturday that we won't forget. 'Can't wait!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I hated that performance, despite the result. Would rather we try to play and perhaps get spanked in the process.

I can't understand that to be honest. If we'd tried to play attacking football we'd have been hammered. We got a replay out of it too which meant that thousands of people who couldn't get to Anfield were able to watch us play Liverpool.

Reactions: Paul H and Daz
Mar 23, 2019
Agreed. I find it very amusing that some on here thinking we can nick a result. I would love nothing more but seriously?
My hope is we can stay in the game long enough to make it worthwhile for everybody who has made the long journey.
Why not? It's football. Anything can happen.

Reality is we'll probably lose 5-0 but a bit of hope never killed anyone.

in 2015 a league one Bradford beat Chelsea 4-2. In Chelseas team that day included Cech, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Fabregas, Salah, Hazard, Drogba and Willian. A far better side than we'll likely see on Saturday.

Cheer up ffs.

Sep 6, 2006
Why not? It's football. Anything can happen.

Reality is we'll probably lose 5-0 but a bit of hope never killed anyone.

in 2015 a league one Bradford beat Chelsea 4-2. In Chelseas team that day included Cech, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Fabregas, Salah, Hazard, Drogba and Willian. A far better side than we'll likely see on Saturday.

Cheer up ffs.
I don't need to cheer up ffs. Just being realistic. How is that team far better than what we are likely to face? Do you have inside knowledge? I suggest you put money on us winning if you think we have a chance. Anything can happen you say so worth a tenner surely?

Sep 3, 2009
I can't understand that to be honest. If we'd tried to play attacking football we'd have been hammered. We got a replay out of it too which meant that thousands of people who couldn't get to Anfield were able to watch us play Liverpool.
Fair enough. I just found it so negative, the epitome of non-football.