At what point is Brenda obliged to give up on the PB? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

At what point is Brenda obliged to give up on the PB?

A

argyle_till_i_die

Quite possibly Heaney and his cohorts do not give a flying f--k if the football club survives and are happy to derail the admin process to the point of no return.

At the end of the day BIL have to provide funding for the 2011-12 season. If there is no football club they do not have to provide said funding and can concentrate on the property assets. Win win for the property business and Truro city football club.

(Pure Conspiracy theory of course)

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
argyle_till_i_die":2wui8037 said:
Quite possibly Heaney and his cohorts do not give a flying f--k if the football club survives and are happy to derail the admin process to the point of no return.

At the end of the day BIL have to provide funding for the 2011-12 season. If there is no football club they do not have to provide said funding and can concentrate on the property assets. Win win for the property business and Truro city football club.

They would then own a football ground with no team to play there of course - apart from the one they also have an 'interest' in who will need a new ground soon.

Jan 2, 2010
I think it might be about time to spot some rare fauna, rare birds and endangered species in and around Home Park.

O

oggyale

Chris Dennis":kppsejh6 said:
argyle_till_i_die":kppsejh6 said:

They would then own a football ground with no team to play there of course - apart from the one they also have an 'interest' in who will need a new ground soon.

Do you really believe that would happen. Foolish view in my opinion.

There are more benefits attached to Argyle than Truro City i'd say. Possibly more financial gains to be made if Heaney were to cut ties with Truro City.

We are the bigger club,and even Heaney knows that......

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What happens if the poo does hit the fan and wengo bust as a club?

Now I know there's a plan B but what if time runs out and we get expelled from the league and liquidated as a club.. Does the land still get sold off to the highest bidder? Do the creditors get the money made from the purchase and has Heaney and co got the audacity to think this idea may well be a viable one to pursue?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Tugboat":2c2j9mvs said:

Now I know there's a plan B but what if time runs out and we get expelled from the league and liquidated as a club.. Does the land still get sold off to the highest bidder? Do the creditors get the money made from the purchase and has Heaney and co got the audacity to think this idea may well be a viable one to pursue?

Who cares then ?? We are not Home Park Properties supporters after all !Hope they find the surrounding area contaminated with nuclear waste in that event preventing building for a 100 years

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oggyale":1809lfkd said:
Chris Dennis":1809lfkd said:
argyle_till_i_die":1809lfkd said:

Do you really believe that would happen. Foolish view in my opinion.

There are more benefits attached to Argyle than Truro City i'd say. Possibly more financial gains to be made if Heaney were to cut ties with Truro City.

We are the bigger club,and even Heaney knows that......

don't get that, if Truro move to Plymouth hen they won't be Truro anymore, they will be Plymouth!! what do you want Truro Dons??
i agree foolish view

M

MoistVonLipwig

Green_Matt":3mdqknu5 said:
Lord knows what is holding the process up, it could just be legal eagles counting in their fees, the PB's could have to proof of funding, the Football League might be considering throwing the bid out, who knows?

Could have something to do with the outcomes of the meetings with the council, FL, PFA and the "meeting" regarding CCFC.

I wonder who will get the blame?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Tugboat":2xsdkdq8 said:

Your initial question is a good one Tugboat.

Before then and hopefully to avoid that, Brenda needs to lay down a water tight date for completion, I cant believe it was not done already. If they fail to complete, they lose the opportunity, if they complete, then onwards.

If we went bust, many on here would rejoice judging by the posts overthe past 6 months or so.

But I suspect the majority will mourn the passing of a once great if not fabulously successful, football club. Besides mistrusting everyone in this sorry saga and not liking what they stand for, the threat of liquidation is yet another reason for me not renewing my ST. I'm afraid I just dont believe the assurrances about ring fencing.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":b1oa4r6t said:
Tugboat":b1oa4r6t said:

Before then and hopefully to avoid that, Brenda needs to lay down a water tight date for completion, I cant believe it was not done already. If they fail to complete, they lose the opportunity, if they complete, then onwards.

If we went bust, many on here would rejoice judging by the posts overthe past 6 months or so.
But I suspect the majority will mourn the passing of a once great if not fabulously successful, football club. Besides mistrusting everyone in this sorry saga and not liking what they stand for, the threat of liquidation is yet another reason for me not renewing my ST. I'm afraid I just dont believe the assurrances about ring fencing.
I reckon that's just the keyboard warrior in them. I'd be very surprised if anyone on here would be rejoicing if we went bust.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Keepitgreen":1o7ll32r said:
tonycholwell":1o7ll32r said:
Tugboat":1o7ll32r said:

I reckon that's just the keyboard warrior in them. I'd be very surprised if anyone on here would be rejoicing if we went bust.
Including me!

O

oggyale

Ref: pogleswoody

No i do not want a Truro Dons FC,or a Truro Argyle FC,or a Plymouth City FC.

Just plain old Plymouth Argyle FC. Although the thought of a merger between the two has crossed my mind....

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Mark_Smith":28tsmfkh said:
Surely it's become clear by now that the good folks at BIL don't give a t*ss about the fanbase, they're just doing a land deal, and no huffing or puffing on our part is going to affect whether the deal goes through or not. Sorry.

Aint that the truth!

In a nutshell.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Back to topic, probably just before someone threatens to shoot him. :mrgreen: :stout:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
IMHO Brenda & PR are being paid by the PB to achieve the sale. By constructing events to make things happen at the very last minute, is a simple ploy to force getting their own way, upon the FA, PCC & the fans.

The blox that "there is no alternative", is just there way of achieving success, giving the PB our PAFC to get their pay off. Simple as.

The smell of coffee is overwhelming.