At what point is Brenda obliged to give up on the PB? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

At what point is Brenda obliged to give up on the PB?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
greengenes":1u1pl9l0 said:
IJN":1u1pl9l0 said:
It's a very good question, and I would imagine, many thousands of Argyle fans are asking the same.

How can it take this long, Hinchliff has seen the proof of funds, so what on earth is holding it up.

One question, can someone like Heaney, provide proof that he has got the funds (which meets Brenda's criteria) and then say 'Oh hang on, those aren't the funds that I want to put into the club' and then keep them dangling some more?

It's certainly a mystery and gives further validity to those that think Heaney is full of sh*t.

I thought the process was delayed because the league weren't happy? Apparently Ridsdale now knows what is required and they are working towards this! Make of it what you will!
What a Brouhaha!

I think Heaney is full of sh*t . There can be no possible reason for the delay other than he doesn't have the money .

Just back away Heaney .

T

Tim Chown

Isn't Ridsdale in the frame to be chief exec for Plan B too?

So he's getting on with it regardless. And yes, if we go under, everyone will have to walk away :(

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Gareth Nicholson":1in2gu59 said:
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the answer to the OP's question was 'at the point that it becomes clear to Brenda that he's not going to be paid either or at the point where his professional reputation will start to suffer from the continued brouhaha'.

One might argue that the second of those conditions was reached some time ago.
i cant beleave that brouhaha nonesence,but what a word ,thats the best word ive heard all year.

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Mark_Smith":2nj1zpdd said:
I have been saying for a while that the fact that we haven't seen the money yet probably means nothing (either way).

Maybe it's not there: BG and PR seem edgy, it's true.

But maybe it's opportunity cost: in this day and age, you only show the money at the last possible minute. These people care so much about our precious football club they are letting it go for one shiny pound. Meanwhile, the interest on £7m would be around £1k per day. Why would anyone want to give that up until the last minute? Just so that we will shut up?

It's NOT-showing the money that I'm worried about. What happens if we reach the eve of kick-off day, and the consortium says "Sorry chaps, we ain't got the dough"?

Mar 2, 2008
Arch Stanton":9hul2ug9 said:
After reading BGs e-mail response to the trust today I would suggest that point is coming very close at least I hope so.

It really is time for KH & Co to close the deal as from what I see The Riddler and Reid are making good progress on the football side of things which is sadly getting unnoticed on here due to the negativity surrounding the property side of the Plan A bid.

Good to see you on here communicating with the fans Mr Ridsdale.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Arch Stanton":2cwblk0s said:
After reading BGs e-mail response to the trust today I would suggest that point is coming very close at least I hope so.

It really is time for KH & Co to close the deal as from what I see The Riddler and Reid are making good progress on the football side of things which is sadly getting unnoticed on here due to the negativity surrounding the property side of the Plan A bid.

This doesn't sound like good progress to me:-

"We are finding it harder and harder to hold things together and we have probably now exhausted the employee/player goodwill."

HaroldPWH

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 9, 2006
Burbage, Leics
Wouldn't it be nice to have a reassuring public statement from Bishop International saying that they can catergorically assure the fanbase that the funds are in place and they have full intention to complete the deal ASAP.

They wouldn't have to disclose any identities - just a bit of reassurance......

To me their silence is, well quite frankly, baffling.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
HaroldPWH":2tfzdsyz said:
Wouldn't it be nice to have a reassuring public statement from Bishop International saying that they can catergorically assure the fanbase that the funds are in place and they have full intention to complete the deal ASAP.

yes a bit of reassurance would go a long way and help all sides,have a word ris a lar, :)

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
greengenes":177ux93m said:
Arch Stanton":177ux93m said:

All we need is a squad of 20 players signed up in the next 19 days .
Yep its looking good .
And remember the club announced the signing of Dickinson when it appears we hadn't signed him at all. Does it then mean that all the players who agreed to sign (i.e. not necessarily signed) new contracts since we went bust are not actually contracted to the club (yet)?

Lord knows what is holding the process up, it could just be legal eagles counting in their fees, the PB's could have to proof of funding, the Football League might be considering throwing the bid out, who knows?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
HaroldPWH":ibqmz8ag said:

It's not baffling, it's in keeping with the way the process has been conducted thus far.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Surely it's become clear by now that the good folks at BIL don't give a t*ss about the fanbase, they're just doing a land deal, and no huffing or puffing on our part is going to affect whether the deal goes through or not. Sorry.

Mark_Smith":2jsf99xh said:
Surely it's become clear by now that the good folks at BIL don't give a t*ss about the fanbase, they're just doing a land deal, and no huffing or puffing on our part is going to affect whether the deal goes through or not. Sorry.

Absolutely right. As the main character on last night's show said, "The fans are a headache." That didn't seem to put anyone off wanting to get in on the football ownership act though, did it? Exactly the same situation here.