Argyle without Schuey | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle without Schuey

Aug 4, 2011
I think the bit about Cundle and Ennis is odd - Stokies seem to think they’re cack and a downgrade on what they had. If I were one of their fans I’d be seeing an amber flag that his only two acquisitions were players he already knew - and one of them in League one who couldn’t make it at a fellow struggling Championship club.

I see Schumacher as a team coach, someone who builds rapport and team ethic but I would be very concerned about his network or eye for a player. So there analysts will be working overtime to line up suitable candidates.

I think he’ll be OK there but they’ll need patience …. Hmmmm.
He’s signed other players too. You’re right he’s a coach, a relationship builder and a motivator and hence why he’s turned to some familiar faces who may not be as technically good as existing Stoke players but he feels he could get a tune out of them to keep them up

Reactions: Frank Butcher

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
I think the bit about Cundle and Ennis is odd - Stokies seem to think they’re cack and a downgrade on what they had. If I were one of their fans I’d be seeing an amber flag that his only two acquisitions were players he already knew - and one of them in League one who couldn’t make it at a fellow struggling Championship club.

I see Schumacher as a team coach, someone who builds rapport and team ethic but I would be very concerned about his network or eye for a player. So there analysts will be working overtime to line up suitable candidates.

I think he’ll be OK there but they’ll need patience …. Hmmmm.
Schuey also paid £3.5m for Manhoef from Vitesse and two new keepers (Iverson on laon from Leicester City). Ennis was a reported £500,000 - so relative to others Stoke splashed out in the January window to try and stay up.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Schuey also paid £3.5m for Manhoef from Vitesse and two new keepers (Iverson on laon from Leicester City). Ennis was a reported £500,000 - so relative to others Stoke splashed out in the January window to try and stay up.

The keeper on loan was a deal on the pipeline before Schumacher arrived

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Jul 12, 2016
I think he's right up there. He was sooooo very bad, a Chairman who can't stand the thought of sacking managers, sacked him.

A complete dog of a manager and hope we never see the like again.

To add to that, I've been here when Kevin Hodges/David Kemp/Bobby Williamson were our manager and he's way way worse than them.
IMO very harsh and unjust. Foster was placed in an unenviable position. Trying to instil a more disciplined approach to tactics with many substandard players. In hindsight his managerial skills were highly questionable but he certainly improved our away performances and was castigated for having to abandon the gung ho tactics of his predecessor.
I am not sorry he has gone but I blame Argyle as much as him for poor recruitment and poor management of the situation.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Come on, how many points could we realistically expect from those games, even before the change in head coach? Maybe 2.
Still be 2 more than now

Jan 11, 2017
IF $$ gets the sack,IF we stay up,If Stoke allow him to work within his contract length and if SH (chairman) and our CEO and Mr Dewslip want him would YOU have Schuey back? Lots of ifs and buts and apologies I would