Argyle without Schuey | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle without Schuey

Jul 12, 2016
IF $$ gets the sack,IF we stay up,If Stoke allow him to work within his contract length and if SH (chairman) and our CEO and Mr Dewslip want him would YOU have Schuey back? Lots of ifs and buts and apologies I would
No, no and thrice no! The only time I want to see him back at HP is reluctantly as an opposition manager. That ship has sailed, been wrecked and sunk.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Apr 12, 2016
History is littered with examples of managers who have returned to clubs where they once were highly successful and then fallen back on their proverbial. Don't think he would want to come back anyway. His family has moved back up there and there are a stack of clubs within easy travel in the North West

Reactions: Jon with no H

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think we do
We can all hazard a guess at this but without a crystal ball and other psychic abilities, we cannot possibly have known if we had a different manager, Azaz, Cundle, Ennis, Cosgrove, Pele whatever, that we would have won because its impossible to know.
The likelihood is we would have lost but we had Foster and we all know how crap he is and was, should never be allowed to manage another club unless they are up the A38!

Jul 12, 2016
History is littered with examples of managers who have returned to clubs where they once were highly successful and then fallen back on their proverbial. Don't think he would want to come back anyway. His family has moved back up there and there are a stack of clubs within easy travel in the North West
Don’t think anybody at Argyle would want him back.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Says who? It was widely reported there was very little in the kitty.

Andrew Parkinson, I’m sure I told you last week. There was very little in kitty but don’t forget we had some unexpected money come our way

Jul 12, 2016
Andrew Parkinson, I’m sure I told you last week. There was very little in kitty but don’t forget we had some unexpected money come our way
Made no difference. Do you think Foster upped sticks from Saudi for peanuts?

Feb 8, 2005
IF $$ gets the sack,IF we stay up,If Stoke allow him to work within his contract length and if SH (chairman) and our CEO and Mr Dewslip want him would YOU have Schuey back? Lots of ifs and buts and apologies I would
Nope, we need to move on.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Absolutely right.

The last re-appointment at Argyle is surely enough evidence not to try it again, plus this time around, what would have changed about the club's financial position so that the next time (insert club with more money) came calling it wouldn't all repeat itself?

Reactions: Since I Was 33

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Any manager who loses the dressing room as quickly as IF appeared to - and disrupted what was previously a tight and collegial playing staff - isn't a manager at all... he's a coach. And that brings us back to the discussion we had when he first arrived.

The next man in needs to have proven managerial experience, not just a bunch of FA coaching certificates or time spent solely working with youth.

Reactions: Evilpilgrim

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Isn’t the most damaged relationship the most important one… SS and the players?

Reactions: ChurPev and oldage