Argyle without Schuey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle without Schuey

Mar 24, 2019
Since hallett arrived the ethos of the club has been to outperform our budget ..schuey managed this with a mix of man management skills , innovative tactics and good in play tactical changes …since he’s left (pre , during and after foster ) we’ve looked exactly what we are , a club with the lowest budget in the championship.

Having seen what’s happened since he’s left It’s elevated my opinion of his achievements here ( as much as it pains me to say it) .

I love nance , as the players obviously do but there s only so far enthusiasm and bleeding green can get you in this league when your up against sides with much bigger budgets and experienced tactically astute managers in their dugouts.

I think we got lucky with schuey and finding another manager that can spectacularly outperform the budget in such an entertaining manner is gonna be a big ask

Feb 15, 2005
We’ve been in free fall since he left and last night demonstrated how far we have slipped. He had been inspirational for us but left at an awful time for us.

Reactions: Bovey Green lady

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
that player, what's his name?
Budget that's it, has a lot to answer for

Reactions: JackPP
Jul 5, 2023
It wasn't only Schumacher. It was the fact he took the assistant manager, goal keeping coach and fitness and conditioning coach all at the same time, then swooped in to take Cundle.
Azaz going as well left us reeling, no wonder we've struggled since.

It increasingly looks like we didn't have the budget to get like-for-like replacements and had to go for youth players, irrespective of the fact that we had Foster

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We’ve been in free fall since he left and last night demonstrated how far we have slipped. He had been inspirational for us but left at an awful time for us.
But a very good time for him, he saw what was coming, with lack of money, the way the fixtures fell and the players that were leaving.

He ran like a rat.

Great coach though.

May 11, 2023
A year ago I rather liked the plan of using loan players to develop and help us forward., Since then it has become apparent that "season long loans" only last until the January window. Our strategy has been caught out. We need to re-think when assembling a squad for next season (whatever league we're in)

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
A year ago I rather liked the plan of using loan players to develop and help us forward., Since then it has become apparent that "season long loans" only last until the January window. Our strategy has been caught out. We need to re-think when assembling a squad for next season (whatever league we're in
Simple use all your budget on your own players in summer and then don't spend in January but secure loans to end of season to supplement your squad

Last edited:

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
But a very good time for him, he saw what was coming, with lack of money, the way the fixtures fell and the players that were leaving.

He ran like a rat.

Great coach though.
100% My assessment since day one - he bottled the challenge once he saw the enormity of it

Reactions: pafcshaun

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
He has almost as big a challenge at Stoke now that they got done 3-0 tonight.

May 16, 2016
Schumachers Stoke are currently one point and one position higher in the table than us with a goal difference -10 worse than ours. They've just lost 3 -0 away to Swansea and a chunk of the Stoke suporters want him out.

Maybe he did see he was going to struggle here as the season wore on but assumed it was our finances, facilites and lack of relative status within the league that was the problem, so he moved to somewhere that was better on all fronts......turns out that at this level, long term, maybe it's him after all.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The fan base don't like him, the management team above him were planning to dump him.

Nothing to figure Malc, he has no credit with them like he did us.