Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
It was the first time this season that I thought we really missed Niall Ennis. Jephcott gets himself into some great positions in the box but his touch and finishing were woeful tonight. Both Jephcott and Hardie are real enigmas. On occasion they look a class above the opposition. At other times, like tonight, they look ineffective and lightweight.

Sep 6, 2006
A good performance? So what do you make of the cheating feigning of the head Injury at the Devonport end? I would say a nasty horrible team that loves to cheat especially when they go ahead. There is no other word in my book because that is exactly what they did.

The thing is they are a strong unit that are effective in what they do, they had no need to cheat like that, but they choose to do it and that’s why I hope they fail. I would rather watch Argyle all day long than pay to watch that shower.
The head injury looked suspicious. HOWEVER I've seen much worse things on the pitch haven't you? Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist.

Sep 6, 2006
A very good performance by Wycombe who were so much better than us in taking their chances and in the last line of defence. We were still good in creating chances but terrible tonight in taking them with really bad finishing.
Watched a different game to me

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
I hate going to watch Wycombe. They just play anti-football. Time wasting and ref conning is ingrained in them. If Ainsworth is such a successful manager then why has no other club ever come in for him? Simple, no discerning football fan would ever want their club to play the way Wycombe do.
We didn’t play well tonight but I’ll take Argyle every time compared to Wycombe thanks.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
The head injury looked suspicious. HOWEVER I've seen much worse things on the pitch haven't you? Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist.
I can’t remember anything worse than blatant cheating! You probably thought it was fine he wasted 6 mins or so for the stretcher to come and then suddenly get up like Tyson Fury who’s just been knocked out, hobble to the side then jump up and down in the air only then to sprint on like Usain Bolt and even faster again when they scored.

just a quick question did you ever play the game? If you did I would have thought you would understand. I played centre half and to act like that would not only have got my knickers in a twist I would have made sure he went down if he came anywhere near me.

I was at Twickenham on Saturday and every single player would have laughed so much at that idiot feigning injury like that. I played rugby too and was lucky enough to have played in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia so maybe this is why I get so annoyed, however I make no excuses for getting wound up.

These forums are for different opinions of course, but you do seem to have a knack to try to wind people up! I respect your comment but I disagree with most things you say but that’s only my opinion and I will probably always disagree with what you say

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I hate going to watch Wycombe. They just play anti-football. Time wasting and ref conning is ingrained in them. If Ainsworth is such a successful manager then why has no other club ever come in for him? Simple, no discerning football fan would ever want their club to play the way Wycombe do.
We didn’t play well tonight but I’ll take Argyle every time compared to Wycombe thanks.
I agree, I just knew they would do a number on us again too

Sep 6, 2006
I can’t remember anything worse than blatant cheating! Your probably thought it was fine he wasted 8 mins or so for the stretcher to come and then suddenly get up like Tyson Fury who’s been knocked out, hobble to the side then jump up and down in the air and then sprint on like Hussain Bolt and even faster when they scored.

just a quick question did you ever play the game ? If you did I would have thought you would understand. I played centre half and to act like that would not only have got my knickers in a twist I would have made sure he went down if he came near me.

I was at Twickenham on Saturday and every single player would have laughed so much at that idiot feigning injury like that. I played rugby too and was lucky enough to have played in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia so Maybe this is why I get so annoyed, but I make no excuses for getting wound up.

These forums are for different opinions of course, but you do seem to have a knack to try to wind people up! I respect you comment but I disagree with most things you say but that’s only my opinion with will probably always differ from yours
That reassures me that you almost always disagree with me. I must be doing something right.
1. It was nowhere near 8 mins
2. Did it actually affect the result?
3. Do you not realise most professionals cheat to some extent
4. What's worse diving for pen, trying to get a player sent off/booked, scoring or stopping a goal with your hand, or just a bit of delaying a game.
5. Yes I have played at a low level. Not for money and I suspect you haven't either. Its a very different game when money is at stake.
But if you want to get so upset over something which has little consequence you go for it.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I can’t remember anything worse than blatant cheating! You probably thought it was fine he wasted 6 mins or so for the stretcher to come and then suddenly get up like Tyson Fury who’s just been knocked out, hobble to the side then jump up and down in the air only then to sprint on like Usain Bolt and even faster again when they scored.

just a quick question did you ever play the game? If you did I would have thought you would understand. I played centre half and to act like that would not only have got my knickers in a twist I would have made sure he went down if he came anywhere near me.

I was at Twickenham on Saturday and every single player would have laughed so much at that idiot feigning injury like that. I played rugby too and was lucky enough to have played in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia so maybe this is why I get so annoyed, however I make no excuses for getting wound up.

These forums are for different opinions of course, but you do seem to have a knack to try to wind people up! I respect your comment but I disagree with most things you say but that’s only my opinion and I will probably always disagree with what you say
Rugby Mmm. Isn't that the game where they run on with phials of fake blood? That's pretty good cheating.

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
He was down for five minutes. Then he jogged back up the pitch. They instantly scored and he sprinted towards the Wycombe fans with arms aloft in celebration.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
That reassures me that you almost always disagree with me. I must be doing something right.
1. It was nowhere near 8 mins
2. Did it actually affect the result?
3. Do you not realise most professionals cheat to some extent
4. What's worse diving for pen, trying to get a player sent off/booked, scoring or stopping a goal with your hand, or just a bit of delaying a game.
5. Yes I have played at a low level. Not for money and I suspect you haven't either. Its a very different game when money is at stake.
But if you want to get so upset over something which has little consequence you go for it.
Wrong in your assumption I did get paid to play not much i may add. I think feigning an injury as bad as he did tonight and then jump up and down and sprint like he did is far worse that any penalty incident! Are you suggesting he was coached to act like that?

I don’t really give a crap that you are reassured because I disagree with most of your posts on here. To be fair it bores me reading your posts but for some reason I just felt I had to respond tonight. I have a feeling you enjoy that Wycombe won the game but I could be wrong.

I will keep my powder dry from now on in respect to what you post because I like I said I disagree with most things you post and I sure the feeling is mutual

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ha ha that made me laugh! That was many years ago and only happened once and he got caught! So you think they still do that do you?
No I'm sure they don't but I found it quite amusing too.
If you were in the Devonport End tonight you must have seen Hardie on more than one occasion go down looking for a cheap penalty though? Are there acceptable and non acceptable degrees of cheating? The fake head injury in the 80th was the only incident I felt was out of order tonight from Wycombe and it didn't affect the result. I saw nothing that I wouldn't see from most teams as far as the dark arts go tonight but their reputation precedes them. There were a couple on the match thread accusing them of time wasting over throw ins just 10 minutes into the game. Two minutes later Edwards took twice as long as any Wycombe player had to take a throw in for us.