Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
All this Broom should have played instead of Mayor.... personally I'm scratching my head at how Jephcott stayed on so long when Garrick looks a far more mobile, threatening, pacier, more direct, stronger player. I can see no area of the two players game where Jephcott is better and in his short time on the park, Garrick created more mayhem in the Wycombe back line than Jephcott would have done in two games.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Attackers couldn’t finish. Defenders switched off in key moments. Probably the last time we’ll see Galloway in Green. Awful night.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
You can say what you want about Wycombe and the 'Dark Arts, (which when the injuries, Substitutions and goal celebrations were all taken into account in the second half alone came to 14 1/2 minutes. Yes I know I am sad for timing them), but I have to say that I thought Argyle today were one-dimensional and predictable and having seem a couple of the Wigan games on extended highlights we could be in for a long afternoon on Saturday. Re Galloways' injury, it was right in front of me. I did not see how it happened as I was following the ball but Camara's reaction of pure horror when he saw the injury does make it look like a very bad one unfortunately. Again just my opinion as I see some posters on here are saying we were unlucky to lose.

Aug 11, 2013
Watching Danny Mayor dribbling with the ball and then shooting is like watching a top artist complete a brilliant picture and then knock a pot of paint over it. I don’t even get excited anymore as you know what’s coming.

I’m sorry but we look completely disjointed with Mayor in the team and Broom would be first on the team sheet for me.

But my thoughts tonight are with Brendan Galloway. I don’t underestimate the shock that had on the team. Pan ran away with his head in his hands as if it was a broken leg. Dislocated knee is something else I’ve read . Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. Get well soon.

Nov 11, 2020
I'm bemused by the people lining up to critisice Mayor (who, ok should have hit the target) and giving Jephcott a free ride.
It’s no coincidence that when Mayor plays we don’t get the end result. He had three great chances tonight and seemingly wants to score a ‘worldly’. He slows the attacks down by keeping hold of the ball.

May 16, 2016
Had a look on a Wycombe forum for an alternative view. They're obviously pleased to beat us, still some simmering resentment from previous encounters, as there is on here, but, overall they seem quite content with their style of play. I'm not so sure it's a style that would be appreciated here anymore though.

Beating us was a big deal for some. They've still got a bit of a chip about being "Wycombe" despite having spent time in the Championship and possibly no longer being the cash strapped little Club they think they are.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
All this Broom should have played instead of Mayor.... personally I'm scratching my head at how Jephcott stayed on so long when Garrick looks a far more mobile, threatening, pacier, more direct player.

Jephcotts shooting was awful, but he played really well between the lines and must have given Scarr an option 20 odd times tonight.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
It’s no coincidence that when Mayor plays we don’t get the end result. He had three great chances tonight and seemingly wants to score a ‘worldly’. He slows the attacks down by keeping hold of the ball.
I believe Broom played at Charlton no?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
taken from Plymouth Live about Brendan

Galloway injury update​

Ryan Lowe has confirmed that Argyle defender Brendan Galloway suffered a dislocated kneecap during the first half.

What a blow for Brendan & the team

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Agree with Big Alf , we were one dimensional and had no plan b. It’s not like Ainsworth has pulled a tactical masterstroke , we’ve tried to pull them around the pitch and find a way through and couldn’t. But god they are awful to watch. No ambition at all.
Hope Galloway isn’t as bad as feared.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Gave him an option?! When it was given to him it was passed back 20 yards. Easiest 70 minutes his marker has had this season

Opens up spaces in behind, pulls the defender out of position for others to fill. When you got a side like Wycombe who like to sit in their positions, you need to move them round. I thought he did that well.

Different options and viewpoints.

Reactions: Tonka