Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Wycombe Match Thread

Dec 3, 2005
All this playground he did this he did that, it is all irrelevant, we lost 3 - 0 the Ref added 8 minutes on at the end of the game. Let's put this all into perspective shall we - we lost a game of football.
Tonight in Plymouth a family were told they have lost their Daughter.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
No I'm sure they don't but I found it quite amusing too.
If you were in the Devonport End tonight you must have seen Hardie on more than one occasion go down looking for a cheap penalty though? Are there acceptable and non acceptable degrees of cheating? The fake head injury in the 80th was the only incident I felt was out of order tonight from Wycombe and it didn't affect the result. I saw nothing that I wouldn't see from most teams as far as the dark arts go tonight but their reputation precedes them. There were a couple on the match thread accusing them of time wasting over throw ins just 10 minutes into the game. Two minutes later Edwards took twice as long as any Wycombe player had to take a throw in for us.
I think Edwards was way too long too but in mitigation I don’t think he he had a clue who to throw it too! I don’t think he tried to waste time. If he got booked for it then it was probably deserved because it was to long and it wound me up

Sep 6, 2006
Wrong in your assumption I did get paid to play not much i may add. I think feigning an injury as bad as he did tonight and then jump up and down and sprint like he did is far worse that any penalty incident! Are you suggesting he was coached to act like that?

I don’t really give a crap that you are reassured because I disagree with most of your posts on here. To be fair it bores me reading your posts but for some reason I just felt I had to respond tonight. I have a feeling you enjoy that Wycombe won the game but I could be wrong.

I will keep my powder dry from now on in respect to what you post because I like I said I disagree with most things you post and I sure the feeling is mutual
Just shows how (insult removed by Admin.) if you think I would enjoy Wycombe winning. I see you haven't responded to any of the points I made.
Anyway delaying a game has a marginal effect, diving for a pen can win a game. Didn't think that was hard to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
He was down for five minutes. Then he jogged back up the pitch. They instantly scored and he sprinted towards the Wycombe fans with arms aloft in celebration.
Its not so much the time wasting itself as how they use it to break up play, kill opposition momentum and alter the flow of a game. It's within the rules as interpreted by most referee's but it is bending the rules to their maximum extent.

Oh well only another 96 minutes of it to suffer this season.

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Its not so much the time wasting itself as how they use it to break up play, kill opposition momentum and alter the flow of a game. It's within the rules as interpreted by most referee's but it is bending the rules to their maximum extent.

Mark, our games average 6 minutes added time too, as do most teams it's not a Wycombe phenomenom. I think Postey listed something a few weeks ago and there was nothing between us and Wimbledon as far as extra minutes went.
The head injury tonight was farcial, the replay showed that, his head came into contact with nothing. Frustrating as it was it had no bearing on the result though. Referees are on a hiding to nothing with head injuries unfortunately and cannot risk playing on just in case it's genuine.

Reactions: greenpig27

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
All this playground he did this he did that, it is all irrelevant, we lost 3 - 0 the Ref added 8 minutes on at the end of the game. Let's put this all into perspective shall we - we lost a game of football.
Tonight in Plymouth a family were told they have lost their Daughter.
That’s very sad indeed and I’m sure all our condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to the poor family.
Just because we post on here after the game and have different opinions doesn’t mean we don’t care about this sad news and reading these posts and debating things is a distraction to help deal with such awful news

I have a young daughter exactly the same age and I can’t imagine what they are going through

Feb 19, 2021

I agree, the worst example was the injury they feigned right at the start of the second half. A head injury to one of their defenders. It stopped us in our tracks. Totally cynical.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Just shows how (insult removed by Admin.) if you think I would enjoy Wycombe winning. I see you haven't responded to any of the points I made.
Anyway delaying a game has a marginal effect, diving for a pen can win a game. Didn't think that was hard to understand.
Just to put your mind at rest one more time! Your posts bore me 💤 so I won’t be responding again. I don’t think that’s hard to understand either, over and out

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Having slept on it- has much as it pains us the better team won

We have only lost 3 games this season- yet some think our team is not fit for purpose, crase remarks about certain players really grind my gears
These players were good enough less than 10 days ago when we were our cohesive best at Accrington yet some people are singling out signings saying they are not good enough & RL needs A B C D in the January transfer window
As i said in a previous post we are below teams that were relegated from the Championship last season - that tells me all i need to know - we are a b******y good team , we have just met our match in the last 2 games
Sometimes people need to see the bigger picture & take the emotion out of it
I would be more worried if we threw the towel in once we concede- but our boys are not like that & no doubt they would have learnt something from the last 2 games
Yesterday is forgotten we move on to Saturday

Jan 30, 2016
Well we huffed and puffed but could not blow the house down. I thought that Wycombe always looked dangerous up front while our own forwards seemed to want that extra touch instead of shooting. I wonder if Cooper thinks he could have done better with both the goals at Charlton and also for the first goal last night - all three beaten at the near post. Hopefully this will be just a blip and we will be up for it on Saturday.

Mar 11, 2018
I agree. Especially the bit in bold.

It’s no coincidence that when Mayor plays we don’t get the end result. He had three great chances tonight and seemingly wants to score a ‘worldly’. He slows the attacks down by keeping hold of the ball.
Every time Mayor plays and Argyle fail to win, there is the most mind numbingly tedious referendum on whether he should be in the team and, usually, blaming him for the result in some way. Football is a complex game that doesn't obey anyone's personal obsessions, no matter how many times they inflict them on the rest of us.