Argyle v Peterborough - Carabao Cup Round 1 | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Peterborough - Carabao Cup Round 1

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
No offence guys but l hope the players have at little more belief and fight.

I understand the frustration when we are losing. Yet as someone pointed out on another thread we didn’t score many goals either at the back end of last seasons 3-1-4-2 formation.

I mean chucking in the towel after 3 games.

Id understand if we didn’t create many chances, but we did. We made 7 changes to a team, a number of never played with each other.

I just personally find it disappointing the reaction on here given the performance and the team selection.

Agree with this as well 👍

Sep 3, 2011
Good night Vienna- numerous chances not converted

We were never going to win this competition but poor decision making, poor composure has cost us

We seem full of players that have a rush of blood to the head, have no composure- take one to many touches & seem to be a bunch of headless chickens when faced with physicality or surrounded by more than 1 player

Finn was flying but we cannot rely on one person

I know Schuey is trying new tactics & new formations but how long does he give it

The only positives was Brendan & Jack

Will Schuey roll the dice on Saturday when we play Posh again for something more valuable
I would say they need to give it until at least October if not Christmas

Mar 3, 2021
We need an out and out CF fast or we are going to struggle at the lower part of the league. We lack that cutting edge

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
You don’t play a short corner when you’ve got your keeper up, particularly when there are still a couple of minutes in the game, naive in the extreme.
Agree with you Cobi, a school boy decision.
We had a bunch of good chances in the second half and wasted every one of them - when are the players going to hit the target - a woeful display.

Reactions: Chip green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Agree with this as well 👍

lm really not sure what fans want.

They know we have a brand new system. Then tonight we have a completely different team. Why on earth would people think that there would be an understanding with each other having never played a competitive game.

Its not like the opposition are a bunch of novices at this level. It’s not like their squad isn’t filled with big money purchases.

If we lost 2-0 and weren’t in the game l get it. But we gave as good as we got.

On saturday Clarke Harris and Marriott come back in for them. Look at our team and there is no comparison in terms of quality to those two.

It’s just logic and common sense. I hate Argyle being beaten. But the playing level isn’t even at the moment. So you have to look at things and say we need more time to develop the squad at this level.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
All the chances we had & we could not hit the target- i know Posh had a 6ft 9inch goalie but unless you stick the ball in the back of the net you are not going to achieve the desired effect

The energy increased when Finn came on but we cannot rely on one person who oozes quality as soon as he steps on the pitch

Yes we are creating chances- it will show on the stats but our goal tally says zero

Saturday when we play them in the league which is our bread & butter- they will have their big guns out & the likes of Clarke-Harris & Marriott who are no slouches will put us to the sword

Yes i know Schuey made 7 changes to the starting 11 - but whoever he chooses at the front needs their shouting boots as the Posh will be going full throttle from minute 1

Dec 3, 2005
3 points on Saturday will be more important then being in the next round of this Cup.
We are 2 games into the season, no need for the panic on here.
It sounds like we are creating chances, about that's with not the full first team playing. If we were not creating chances now that would be a cause for concern. But we ARE, and those chances may well go in the net come Saturday.
Take a deep breath and relax, it's a long season ahead.

Feb 9, 2021
No offence guys but l hope the players have at little more belief and fight.

I understand the frustration when we are losing. Yet as someone pointed out on another thread we didn’t score many goals either at the back end of last seasons 3-1-4-2 formation.

I mean chucking in the towel after 3 games.

Id understand if we didn’t create many chances, but we did. We made 7 changes to a team, a number of never played with each other.

I just personally find it disappointing the reaction on here given the performance and the team selection.
I agree with so many changes from both teams you can never really gauge how everyone will gel together.
I felt we were better 2nd half and certainly should have scored a few goals but one thing the team lacks is someone who keeps cool in or on the edge of the box when presented with a clear strike on goal while under pressure
Unfortunately Danny Pan Morgan Finn niall etc have been wasteful at times although finn scored a great 1st time goal v Barnsley
Hopefully this will change come Saturday and it's certainly too early to judge regarding formation etc
Big shout to young Jack who after a quiet start really grew into the game and it goes without saying welcome back Brendon

Jul 12, 2016
lm really not sure what fans want.

They know we have a brand new system. Then tonight we have a completely different team. Why on earth would people think that there would be an understanding with each other having never played a competitive game.

Its not like the opposition are a bunch of novices at this level. It’s not like their squad isn’t filled with big money purchases.

If we lost 2-0 and weren’t in the game l get it. But we gave as good as we got.

On saturday Clarke Harris and Marriott come back in for them. Look at our team and there is no comparison in terms of quality to those two.

It’s just logic and common sense. I hate Argyle being beaten. But the playing level isn’t even at the moment. So you have to look at things and say we need more time to develop the squad at this level.
“ We need more time to develop the squad at this level” Short memory. We amassed 80 points last season and even allowing for overachievement we gave a good account of ourselves. Seems like you have already written us off for Saturday.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: vibratingspider

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
We need an out and out CF fast or we are going to struggle at the lower part of the league. We lack that cutting edge
We know. The manager probably knows. But even though its probably the missing piece of the jigsaw that doesn't seem to be on the priority list.
I really hope I'm wrong but Whitaker looks no improvement on Garrick whatsoever.