Argyle U 23 v Exeter U23 Premier League Cup Match thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle U 23 v Exeter U23 Premier League Cup Match thread

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Good goal for Argyle disallowed.

Dec 30, 2020
That looked like a ridiculous decision - seemed like the Exeter defender and keeper collided.

I wonder if our players had complained more vociferously, a la Cambridge, the ref might have thought twice

May 28, 2019
Etan Mitchell is a big unit isn't he?? Don't think I've seen him in the flesh. How old is he? Size isn't everything but always useful at the back. Good time to score. CO

Etan Mitchell is a big unit isn't he?? Don't think I've seen him in the flesh. How old is he? Size isn't everything but always useful at the back. Good time to score. COYGs!!
not sure of his age, but i do know, he is the only player at argyle who is from the USA

Jun 27, 2021
Can't understand team selection no match for two weeks with 3 senior players allowed plus anyone u23 surely it would if made sense for senior players to play to ensure we got theough to the next round a d then give our junior players chance to play a against the Premier teams
Think the size of the squad dictated this, was a risk even to have Randal, law and Shirley playing. On a side note, hope I’m proved wrong but I feel shirley is a bit of a way off from being league ready, hopefully gets a bit know how with the experience, massive risk to be relying so much on him to make an impact tho

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That's disappointing - we've lost out on an excellent development opportunity for the young players via this defeat. I did wonder whether the recent media comments about Argyle having/soon having a better youth set-up than Exeter might come back to haunt is with this game.

Reactions: ealinggreen

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Waruih and Rutherford impressed and Pursalls deliveries very good.
Randell played some showy passes but needed to be more involved.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argyle played much better in the second half.
Pursall’s delivery of corners were dangerous.
Rutherford was outstanding in last 20 minutes.
Law Argyle’s MotM and I don’t know why his second effort was disallowed. He really is looking a first team player, surprisingly, more so than Randell.
Possibly, Exeter just deserved it for their first half performance.
Generally, they pressed closer, protected the ball better and were stronger.
Our strikers, Shirley and Massey couldn’t get involved.

Dec 30, 2020
You are right- Exeter have a couple of over 20 year olds in & around their 1st team- one of whom got sent off at Harrogate at the weekend
They are also playing a 33 year old who is using the game for match fitness - you can see the gulf between the 2 teams
Lets see what our young lads can do in the 2nd half

From googling the players, they had 5 teenagers in the starting line up, we had 9.

That physical difference really showed and frankly we could have lost by a much wider margin. But we had the heart to keep battling and it was something of an injustice that the late goal seemed to be disallowed for no reason.

I thought Rutherford had some good moments at right wing back and Pursall's corners were better than anything the first team have produced for years.

There was one moment when Shirley produced some lovely trickery, but generally he didn't look strong enough to compete with their centre backs. As an alternative to Hardie and Jephcott, he's not yet ready for more than the odd 5 minute cameo.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I really hope Randell doesn’t think he’s made it.

Seems to me he try’s hard to make that worldly pass when in fact he needs to play it simple more often

Reactions: Bryan Tregunna