Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn)

Oct 10, 2018
I wound have liked a striker but with the signings we have made IF is looking to create a better balanced and structured squad. Keep possession better, keeping more solid out of possession whilst creating opportunities, and with MW, RH, AD and Bundu the goals will come.

Sep 28, 2022
I'm not that bothered if we don't sign a striker during this window..we're not exactly struggling to score goals so far this season..whereas we do seem to be finding it difficult to keep a clean sheet...rather than panic buy...give IF time to go through his contacts and options during the rest of this season..then he can spring a welcome stiker surprise on us in the summer

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure about that - quite aside from his injury record, he was a pretty average League One striker until his contract was finishing.

We're really looking for wee nuggets on a global scale these days, it's exciting stuff.
Fair point, though we really do need a striker!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
In terms of out and out 9s no but forwards. Hardie was signed in the summer too. I think we did good business forward wise this summer.
Not saying we didn't. But we still lack an option up front.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I'm not that bothered if we don't sign a striker during this window..we're not exactly struggling to score goals so far this season..whereas we do seem to be finding it difficult to keep a clean sheet...rather than panic buy...give IF time to go through his contacts and options during the rest of this season..then he can spring a welcome stiker surprise on us in the summer
Totally agree with that intelligent reply, Colin.

Apr 24, 2023
Well it isnt intended as disrespectful but I accept that you'll all think it is, the same goes for the term dead wood.
The four loanees was out of our hands so don't fall in to that category, but T Wright and Butcher in my opinion do, and if the manager feels they are not up to the standard required to push us on in the Championship and end up in League One/Two then I think we can surmise they are very much dead wood.
Actually they're very much champions, Butcher was an integral part of our squad last season and has been a useful squad player this, Wright is young his time may well come or we may never see him again either way he has a medal and was part of one of the most entertaining Argyle squads since Holloways, but hey you keep insulting them if it suits.

Jul 12, 2016
If Hardie gets injured we only have Waine and Issaka to fill his place. The fact is for the second transfer window we may have missed out on signing a striker