Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We've apparently looked at Orlando City striker Duncan McGuire but Blackburn Rovers look favourites to sign him.

Reactions: Montybulldog
May 22, 2006
Will need to check if his mother is following us on twitter. Deal of about £2.5m with Blackburn stalled while he was in mid air. Also linked with Wednesday but they won’t really want to pay that much. Can’t imagine we would either. Depends if the fee has been substantially reduced.

Sky also suggesting he has had a medical at Blackburn today, while his agent releasing a picture of him in a hotel in Sheffield. Seems like lots of fun and games going on.

Jun 27, 2019
Will need to check if his mother is following us on twitter. Deal of about £2.5m with Blackburn stalled while he was in mid air. Also linked with Wednesday but they won’t really want to pay that much. Can’t imagine we would either. Depends if the fee has been substantially reduced.

Sky also suggesting he has had a medical at Blackburn today, while his agent releasing a picture of him in a hotel in Sheffield. Seems like lots of fun and games going on.

There's no way we're paying that. Blackburn have got the dosh after selling Wharton.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Unfortunately we are only really just linked, nothing much seems to stick, we've missed opportunities with strikers, could just be that we don't want to part with any cash.
That is the only place we have failed to concentrate on but maybe our new boss doesn't see it as an issue if we lose Hardie and Bundu again with the forward players we have.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hears hoping.

I do hope we aren’t naive enough to not sign another CF

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Unfortunately we are only really just linked, nothing much seems to stick, we've missed opportunities with strikers, could just be that we don't want to part with any cash.
That is the only place we have failed to concentrate on but maybe our new boss doesn't see it as an issue if we lose Hardie and Bundu again with the forward players we have.
Why are we linked? The agent? Argyle = good recruitment. If Argyle rate the player he must be good! Interested club; if Argyle are interested we better push the boat out and ensure we land this one.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Geddon this is one of the best days being a fan of an up and coming club.

Exhausting but brilliant.
I disagree completely. The whole transfer window is a bad idea. (Except in the old days when you couldn't sign players after Easter(ish))

Disclaimer: I have no love of Everton and am hoping to see Argyle play them next season.

I went off the idea of a transfer window the day Rooney pood on Everton late on the last day of the window, leaving them with no chance of signing a replacement. Rooney who 'loved his boyhood club' - so much that he did that to them. Haven't liked Rooney since

Reactions: Trinity Green

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I don't think it's anything to do with naivety Tuggers. Everyone wants a striker. They don't grow on trees.
However other teams are picking them up

Reactions: Mikey

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
However other teams are picking them up
Do you think that if we don't sign a striker, it will be because we are naive or that we haven't been able to agree terms with player/club?

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Do you think that if we don't sign a striker, it will be because we are naïve or that we haven't been able to agree terms with player/club?
I don't think we are naïve but i do think we have prioritised other areas too much, however we have got rid of dead wood who wouldn't get a look in for our new manager and at least replaced these league one players with higher quality players.
We could have and maybe we will but unlikely, gone for a striker and spent some cash on them, obviously as a fan its easy to stay well just spend and its not mine to spend but at some point its got to happen.
Next season though i think more dead wood will be shifted out and the team will look a whole lot different, I also don't think Whittaker will be leaving either, with him in the squad we always have goals.

Reactions: Redruth Boy