Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle linked with USA striker Duncan McGuire (signs for Blackburn)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I don't think we are naïve but i do think we have prioritised other areas too much, however we have got rid of dead wood who wouldn't get a look in for our new manager and at least replaced these league one players with higher quality players.
We could have and maybe we will but unlikely, gone for a striker and spent some cash on them, obviously as a fan its easy to stay well just spend and its not mine to spend but at some point its got to happen.
Next season though i think more dead wood will be shifted out and the team will look a whole lot different, I also don't think Whittaker will be leaving either, with him in the squad we always have goals.
Yeah but strikers are the hardest position to secure and everyone wants them. It's not easy and I'm sure not for the want of trying.

We also struggled in the summer.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Yeah but strikers are the hardest position to secure and everyone wants them. It's not easy and I'm sure not for the want of trying.

We also struggled in the summer.

I don’t think we struggled in the summer for a striker, the club was hanging on for Middlesbrough to bring a striker in only for them to say they ain’t loaning us the striker

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I don’t think we struggled in the summer for a striker, the club was hanging on for Middlesbrough to bring a striker in only for them to say they ain’t loaning us the striker
Yeah we did because we didn't sign one.

Reactions: oldage
Feb 14, 2022
I don't think we are naïve but i do think we have prioritised other areas too much, however we have got rid of dead wood who wouldn't get a look in for our new manager and at least replaced these league one players with higher quality players.
We could have and maybe we will but unlikely, gone for a striker and spent some cash on them, obviously as a fan its easy to stay well just spend and its not mine to spend but at some point its got to happen.
Next season though i think more dead wood will be shifted out and the team will look a whole lot different, I also don't think Whittaker will be leaving either, with him in the squad we always have goals.

Interesting term 'dead wood'. Maybe Butcher, Tyriek Wright were but the other leavers Azaz, Cundle, KKH were very much not.

Who is 'dead wood' for the summer now? Waine? Callum Wright? Bundu? All have been involved recently although maybe because of others leaving. With Hardie as the only real striker could we afford to lose Waine or Bundu? We have seen just how hard it is (for all clubs) to recruit strikers at this level.

Who else is dead wood? Maybe Burton if Zac Baker can step up to 3rd keeper next season or Joe Edwards who is maybe not up to the Championship but could still 'do a job' in L1 or L2. But not many others. There will be turnover of players for sure but not sure 'dead wood' is the right term for them.

Apr 24, 2023
Dead wood ? that's a bit disrespectful to players that gave us one of the best seasons for Argyle ever and brought us a title.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Signed Bundu in the summer and Morgs

Last edited:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Well it isnt intended as disrespectful but I accept that you'll all think it is, the same goes for the term dead wood.
The four loanees was out of our hands so don't fall in to that category, but T Wright and Butcher in my opinion do, and if the manager feels they are not up to the standard required to push us on in the Championship and end up in League One/Two then I think we can surmise they are very much dead wood.

Reactions: Paul H
Jul 12, 2016
Hope to be proved wrong but the signing of a forward appears to be as elusive as ever

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Must be a replacement for Ennis. Poor fella, think he'd have had a half decent season with us if he'd stayed.