Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times). | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times).

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Hallett is over for the next Senior Greens meeting perhaps his wife is going to cut the ribbon on this trip.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Something being craned in at moment, in outside corner of lyndy/ demport. Whether this is the long awaited screen I don’t know. If what I saw is the whole screen, it isn’t what I’d call “big”. I walk past most days, so watch this space for updates

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
DgIYP8LXcAAUwHV.jpg:small

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Umm, having seen it attached to the back of the Demport this morning whilst driving to work I think the Trades Descriptions Act might come into play regarding it being called a 'big' screen! More like a 70" telly - and difficult to see through the trees from Outland Road as you pass Goals. Stupidly, I was half-expecting something like the one in the Piazza.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Rumour has a new source of income will be from coin operated binoculars at park and ride bus stop. You’ll need Binos to read it from Outland Road.....

Nov 16, 2017
I'm such an idiot, I misunderstood this whole thread and have been eagerly awaiting pictures of a shiny new scoreboard type screen inside the HP :crazy:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
John Cooper":3c3h335w said:
Rumour has a new source of income will be from coin operated binoculars at park and ride bus stop. You’ll need Binos to read it from Outland Road.....
Indeed. Pretty pants looking, sad to say. :thumbdown:

Feb 17, 2017
Pretty poor effort to be honest, not usually one to criticise any forward thinking, but this looks like a 40inch beko lcd special from asda, big screen it is not, think my tele is bigger than that

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
It never was a "big screen" as most on here seem to think, which I am guessing for those who are disappointed means something like the large screens seen at other richer clubs.

Here is the link to the thread when it was announced back in November:

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=101798&hilit=screen

It was announced as an electronic information board and that is what has been delivered.

Feb 17, 2017
"It was announced as an electronic information board and that is what has been delivered."

I understand the sentiment but surely an information board is only useful if the information is visible, the only people who will be able to see that is people already walking around the ground, either walking the dog or going to a game. Surely to promote anything it would need to be visible from outland road.
Also at a cost of £8500 its very disappointing indeed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well done to all those that fund raised for this. :clap:

Good to see SOME fans putting their hands in their pockets.