Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times). | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times).

Aug 5, 2005
My understanding always was that it was an information board for people coming into the ground. Not a 200 foot screen visible from the International Space Station. You can't blame the club if people erroneously stated to call it a 'big screen'

It is very likely that Argyle wouldn't be allowed a screen that is visible from Outland Road. There is a crackdown on roadside digital advertising which can distract drivers. There are calls in some quarters for it to be banned completely.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Neilz5419":2hp8gwrf said:
Also at a cost of £8500 its very disappointing indeed.

So what would you think is a fair price for an electronic information board then Neil?

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Perspective.

It looks small in the photo, but it's probably not.

Expectations.

Those that are disappointed where probably imagining something else. Like the above post says - I don't think that was ever promised.

C

Cult Of Personality

Looks alright and i am sure we will get more in the future. Would love to see big screen inside the ground but if Old Trafford dont need one does Home Park

May 16, 2016
I've not paid a penny towards it, so who am I to complain or ridicule ?

It's not as big as I'd have liked but more or less what I expected. There was nothing there before and there was never any intention for there to be one until a group of Fans raised some dosh and combined that with the Halletts contribution to get what we have today. Lets not forget the cost of installing it and connecting it to whatever its connected to has possibly come out of the same pot. The long term maintenance and repair also has to be budgeted for. All part of the (ahem), bigger picture.

Well done to all concerned and thanks for your efforts.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Totally agree.

Plus at 6 foot tall, it looks good enough to me.

vXZVxJf.jpg

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Imagine what the Senior Greens think when they see a post like that Sam.

You really are a pleb aren't you?

Have a thought before you press submit.

There's builders and destroyers in this world that's for sure. If YOU got off YOOUR arse and did something perhaps someone would listen.

Idiot!!

Mar 8, 2016
It looks pretty smart. I think we will need another on the grandstand side though, once the development is done.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":q5w8ji9f said:
Lol. My lounge tv is actually bigger than that.
WTF ?!

Exeter fan alert!

I think people got the wrong idea from the outset, firstly it's not a big screen inside the ground and secondly it was never stated as a big screen. It's an information board for passers-by and more importantly Argyle fans on matchday where clear information can be delivered plus advertising, latest offers and maybe even the team line-up.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It looks good to me, when you see the bloke in the crane next to it, it’s obviously bigger than some here thought.

It’s like a large scoreboard but on the outside of the ground instead. Which is how it was described...

May 16, 2016
samjones":3l2jx9au said:
Lol. My lounge tv is actually bigger than that.
WTF ?!

Having just seen the pic that shows it in relation to the guy in the Cherry Picker, I'd wager that the Screen is probably bigger than your lounge.