Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times). | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times).

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Guiri Green":28qfd0oj said:
DartingtonPilgrim":28qfd0oj said:
IJN":28qfd0oj said:
PlymOdi":28qfd0oj said:
Old Gunner":28qfd0oj said:
Is it just Argyle fans who are anti technology--or all football fans? Surely a screen in the ground would be a positive? I am perplexed :)

Some don't like change. Only have to see some of the narrowminded views about anything modern to see.

There’s a happy medium somewhere.

Gypsy Acora?

My mate punched him once.

He always wanted to strike a happy medium.

Bet he never saw it coming. :twisted:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
as part of the promotion to get Argyle listed as a world cup ground under Keith Todd.a giant screen held up by a crane,was briefly positioned in the corner between the barn park end and the mayflower stand. That was what you would call a big screen. Looked pretty impressive at the time.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":2oa4egeq said:
PlymOdi":2oa4egeq said:
Old Gunner":2oa4egeq said:
Is it just Argyle fans who are anti technology--or all football fans? Surely a screen in the ground would be a positive? I am perplexed :)

Some don't like change. Only have to see some of the narrowminded views about anything modern to see.

There’s a happy medium somewhere.

Used to be Doris Stokes. :twisted:

Dec 3, 2005
Willis88":pq4puxjk said:
The screen in Rotherham was a massive waste, full of tacky adverts and graphics. I'd much rather not have it and spend the money somewhere more sensible (training facilities, players, fan facilities).

Replays ruin the celebrations when the players are in front of the fans who are all staring at the board.

I don't think a scoreboard adds anything to the club, the outside board is a nice touch and may help draw in some passer-bys.

Goal music RUINS the celebrations!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
oddball":1e6xh17t said:
as part of the promotion to get Argyle listed as a world cup ground under Keith Todd.a giant screen held up by a crane,was briefly positioned in the corner between the barn park end and the mayflower stand. That was what you would call a big screen. Looked pretty impressive at the time.

“Back the Bid!”

Can anyone explain a piece of screen technology which really has me baffled. I watch West Ham at the London stadium several times a year when a family member gives me his ST. Behind each goal is an absolute monster screen which appears, at first, to hide the view of about a 1000 supporters or more from the ground up.

On my first visit I expected the screen to sink into the floor before the game commenced, but no it stays there because the spectators could see right through it, clearly without impediment.

How does it work? I’ve asked people about me there how it works, but everyone’s equally puzzled.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There are just seats above and below it Mervyn, no? I can't see any impediment.

view-of-the-big-screen-during-the-match-picture-id633170094

(Technically this is on topic as the thread merely says Big Screen :oops: :whistle: )

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
mervyn":n6ytfmq0 said:
Biggs":n6ytfmq0 said:
There are just seats above and below it Mervyn, no? I can't see any impediment.

view-of-the-big-screen-during-the-match-picture-id633170094

(Technically this is on topic as the thread merely says Big Screen :oops: :whistle: )

I promise you there are people sitting directly behind the screen, honest.

Where? The stadium walls are built to accommodate the screen. Its clear that the top of the bottom tier is in line with bottom of the screen and then the seating for the upper tier is angled up to go above the screen.

The seating plan also shows it.

image001.png

Oct 16, 2016
I went to the London Stadium earlier this season Nov 4 v LFC, the concourse is behind the screen. No seating that I remember at all.

Enjoyed it actually, well organised outside and in. Very little queuing at bars etc

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
mervyn":aug3v63b said:
Tell you what Daz and Biggs, I now think you’re both right, and I ( and the people around me at the ground) have suffered an optical illusion. It definitely appears from the side that people are sitting directly behind the screen. Well done.

:thumbup: There are screens/technology that you can see through, but I wouldn't have thought you can get them that big.