ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP.

May 16, 2016
gaspargomez":pexacwn7 said:
Mark Jenkin":pexacwn7 said:
Luckily for you they haven't announced how much we spend on big rolls or in fact any of the other stuff you mention, in fact they only mention purchasing an area of land Mr Brent doesn't want, also they had the decency to not mention how much profit Mr Brent made on the land. Let's hope in time Mr Hallett has the opportunity to buy the rest back on the clubs behalf when the ice rink doesn't materialise

I hope you are right !

Also, had fans paid closer attention to what happened under the Roy Gardner board (Mastpoint etc) then it might have been possible to prevent a lot of problems. I'm not suggesting the same thing is going on nowadays, but I'm making the point that a degree of transparancy is healthy.

How would the attentive Fans possibly have prevented the problems ? I applaud the move towards transparency and find it interesting, but have never been sure how being armed with this knowledge or being aware of 'the stuff what's going on' would actually prevent anything.

Jan 27, 2012
That's a fair point.

However, perhaps if fans were calling these villians out and asking searching questions then they might have backed off. The Council have a degree of control as well because all these grand schemes require planning permission- without that the land is pretty much worthless.

May 16, 2016
gaspargomez":3loze77g said:
That's a fair point.

However, perhaps if fans were calling these villians out and asking searching questions then they might have backed off. The Council have a degree of control as well because all these grand schemes require planning permission- without that the land is pretty much worthless.

Not that those Villains would have been so openely forthcoming with the detail of their shenanigans, I doubt they'd have cared. Transparency is easy if you're not hiding something.