ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Rush Goalie":lfv6i73s said:
Nice little earner for Mr Brent

?. Do we know how much it's just been purchased for?

How do we know that he's made anything on it?

So what if he has!

For all the time, energy and business integrity that JB brought at a time of absolute crisis, when no other bugger was stepping up, I think he deserves it!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Absolutely bang on.

Also, it should be pointed out that JB didn’t request the deal, PAFC did.

No doubt the usual suspects will stir this one up though.

I’m not quite sure why this was important enough to ‘declare’ on the OS though. In my opinion it seems to pander to the nosy. The ins and outs of the cat’s arse springs to mind.

Feb 8, 2005
It's Hallett being open, Ian.

You would probably say too open.

But some fans DO want to know the in's and out's of a cats arse, don't they!!

P.S. I'm not one of them, some things should remain in the boardroom, although I don't think this is too revealing.

Good on Hallett, keep the wolves from the door.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jimsing":3bl3k6uu said:

P.S. I'm not one of them, some things should remain in the boardroom, although I don't think this is too revealing.

Yeah I get that Jim, some would use the word 'pandering' though. I would be one of them.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
IJN":23d941ho said:
Absolutely bang on.

Also, it should be pointed out that JB didn’t request the deal, PAFC did.

No doubt the usual suspects will stir this one up though.

I’m not quite sure why this was important enough to ‘declare’ on the OS though. In my opinion it seems to pander to the nosy. The ins and outs of the cat’s arse springs to mind.

Being open nullifies accusations of secrecy and quells the web of intrigue. Imagine there was no announcement and the information 'got out'.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm of the opinion the more you give them the more they'll want. Probably in the minority, but that's my slant on it.

Aug 2, 2011
Good for you Mr Brent if you have made a couple of bob great. Unfortunately all the have nots on here will come up with find some reason to knock it or indeed you.

As someone said shock horror a business man makes profit. For those of you who do not like the ice proposals object in the proper way to the planning authorities. This forum is about Argyle as a football team not the venue to moan about planning.

Sep 19, 2015
IJN":3gm0dwoo said:
jimsing":3gm0dwoo said:

Yeah I get that Jim, some would use the word 'pandering' though. I would be one of them.

That may be because of your emotional connection to JB though IJN. I see this as the transparency in which Simon Hallett promised. All good news in my book.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
djg145":3a4un32q said:
5 a side football :)

Oh, are Bury playing there?

:coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PlymouthCasual":312tbe46 said:
IJN":312tbe46 said:
jimsing":312tbe46 said:

Of course it is Mr Casual.

But tbf I’ve NEVER understood the need for all this poking the nose in. I’m a football fan not spreadsheets.

That may be because of your emotional connection to JB though IJN. I see this as the transparency in which Simon Hallett promised. All good news in my book.

Feb 8, 2005
I agree that there is a fine dividing line between saying nothing and telling all.

Hallett appears to be moving it towards the more open end of the spectrum, but I am sure that the important PAFC stuff will remain in the boardroom.

In business, the good stuff remains inside the business.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing. There will be no-go areas for sure.

Fans are like little children, pushing to see where the boundaries lie. He's just pushing them a bit further out, releasing a bit more information, that's all. It would be in the public domain anyway, wouldn't it?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’s building transparency, trust and a working relationship between club and supporters.

It should be applauded.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't really want to see how many toilet rolls we buy or how much the new grass cutters costs though, do you?

I know I'm being flippant, but I really do yawn at such things.

Most of the stuff I want to see, seems to be vetoed by the EFL.

D

Darren Stoneman

This is a knowledge and power thing, sone fans feel that they have had great power due to the little snippets of information they got through their friendship with Janes Brent, now with Simon Halletts transparency there is no more power, no more super fan

For me as a non prawn sandwich eater I think it is excellent !!