ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

ARGYLE have completed the acquisition of HHP.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
lunarjetman":2cctymk5 said:
How amusing. Has he been banned for disagreeing with you ?

What a ridiculous thing to say. Who's been banned?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think the heat’s getting to people. The loons are out.

Tell me Merv, do you believe man landed on the moon?

Love instances like this. Mr Stoneman comes on, has a right pop, denies he has, then claims after looking on sewage sites that I’m nasty.

Then on come the usual suspects that suggest has been banned, actually proving what they read about this site is balderdash.

Cool your skin gents, or as our manager would say ‘calm down, calm down’.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Fergy":20qmouuq said:
Errr, fans of this football club are entitled to take as much interest (and scrutinise, if appropriate) club-related dealings as they like. In this context, it is not unreasonable to do. Understandably, Ian is going to defend James Brent but let’s not start belittling those who have a contrary opinion. It’s really quite sad - especially with the new season commencing in 10 days.

Defended JB?? Where? Plus what have I to defend??

My point is that I don’t quite see the need to let us the fans know of such a mundane housekeeping type transaction.

Nothing AT ALL to do with JB.

It’s simply a personal opinion, which I assume I am allowed as well?

As for belittling people with a different opinion. Really? I belittled an idiot who has an obvious axe to grind. In the immortal words of every schoolboy fight, ‘he started it’.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
IJN":2jvi8xeq said:
Fergy":2jvi8xeq said:
Errr, fans of this football club are entitled to take as much interest (and scrutinise, if appropriate) club-related dealings as they like. In this context, it is not unreasonable to do. Understandably, Ian is going to defend James Brent but let’s not start belittling those who have a contrary opinion. It’s really quite sad - especially with the new season commencing in 10 days.

Defended JB?? Where? Plus what have I to defend??

My point is that I don’t quite see the need to let us the fans know of such a mundane housekeeping type transaction.

Nothing AT ALL to do with JB.

It’s simply a personal opinion, which I assume I am allowed as well?

As for belittling people with a different opinion. Really? I belittled an idiot who has an obvious axe to grind. In the immortal words of every schoolboy fight, ‘he started it’.

Let me re-phrase then, it’s highly probably that are going to share the same view as him irrespective of any decision he makes. Again, that is to be expected and it isn’t a dig.

You could just rise above it and simply not reply to these ‘freaks’ or ‘trolls’ (which not all of them are) but you never choose to and usually tend to further publicise the victimisation (which isn’t right either). I barely post on this site because the inter-forum sh*te and waring pro/anti-JB factions became so unbearable. It proper irks me when I try to have a casual read through threads like this whilst sipping a cuppa. As the above poster said, fully grown men. Some being retired too. No one is that arsed, honestly.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's your opinion Fergy.

I do like it when the righteous 'turn the other cheek' posters come on though. Be the (constant) brunt of idiots that come out with this 'super fan' crap and you'd know how it feels.

I don't do it that often, and it's not about anti JB any more. I think my signature covers it.

Jan 27, 2012
I think “Boris Johnson” style tactics have been used on this thread to distract from the original post !

Getting back on topic, does anyone know for certain what the club intend to do with this land ?

Do you know IJN? Genuine question.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I remember Simon saying at one of the forums that he’d like to use the area as some sort of fan zone with pre match entertainment & food outlets similar to those at Anfield.

Mar 23, 2019
Argyle Nutter":rrfa6xkr said:
I remember Simon saying at one of the forums that he’d like to use the area as some sort of fan zone with pre match entertainment & food outlets similar to those at Anfield.

That is a brilliant idea.

I suggested a strip of clubs and bars a few months ago but i'll take a Fan Zone. :thumbs:

Feb 12, 2017
HHP back where it should always have been. Transparency, REAL transparency finally coming to the fore.

BTW Darren, what’s happening with the Cattedown residents parking scheme? :lol:

Aug 5, 2015
I applaud this era of transparency but like Ian, I don’t really need to know how much we spend on bog rolls each year and the really interesting stuff like, what’s the budget, how much did we pay for X, how much did we get for Y, or how much do we pay Z is very, very unlikely to be revealed. So good luck to those of you who love to wallow in the minutiae

Jan 6, 2007
Kentishgreen":1qcn7hv3 said:
I applaud this era of transparency but like Ian, I don’t really need to know how much we spend on bog rolls each year and the really interesting stuff like, what’s the budget, how much did we pay for X, how much did we get for Y, or how much do we pay Z is very, very unlikely to be revealed. So good luck to those of you who love to wallow in the minutiae
Luckily for you they haven't announced how much we spend on big rolls or in fact any of the other stuff you mention, in fact they only mention purchasing an area of land Mr Brent doesn't want, also they had the decency to not mention how much profit Mr Brent made on the land. Let's hope in time Mr Hallett has the opportunity to buy the rest back on the clubs behalf when the ice rink doesn't materialise

Jan 27, 2012
Mark Jenkin":2d337cdj said:
Luckily for you they haven't announced how much we spend on big rolls or in fact any of the other stuff you mention, in fact they only mention purchasing an area of land Mr Brent doesn't want, also they had the decency to not mention how much profit Mr Brent made on the land. Let's hope in time Mr Hallett has the opportunity to buy the rest back on the clubs behalf when the ice rink doesn't materialise

I hope you are right !

Also, had fans paid closer attention to what happened under the Roy Gardner board (Mastpoint etc) then it might have been possible to prevent a lot of problems. I'm not suggesting the same thing is going on nowadays, but I'm making the point that a degree of transparancy is healthy.