Anyone else see this on TV the other night? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone else see this on TV the other night?

Mar 16, 2009
London
The film you refer to was called "The Endless Game", I was an extra with the rest of my family, it starred Albert Finney.
We filmed down at Brittany Ferries whilst other parts were filmed in France and America

I was also an extra in that film.

I remember the pay was £30 a day, cash - was very happy with that as a teenager.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I was also an extra in that film.

I remember the pay was £30 a day, cash - was very happy with that as a teenager.
Did you do the standing on Brittany ferries looking over the edge and walking down the main strip with luggage or being driven in a car as if youve arrived in France?

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
No his clumsiness is still there.
Managed to get the Trains whistle caught on his sleeve, and then take off the brake with his leg so the train started rolling.
And all the bits of paper (small post it notes, receipts etc) that he jots down from his different interviews with suspects.
Only a couple of Argyle references in that first episode, the one that Ian shared in the OP about "an Argyle fan coming from Hastings", don't they know that Argyle are MASSIVE!!
Hilarious stuff - well, maybe to unsophisticated audiences when Charlie Chaplin did it silently 100 years ago.

As for Hastings - Brighton is very nearly as far away, and there are several of us around these parts!

• Love
Reactions: L G

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Hilarious stuff - well, maybe to unsophisticated audiences when Charlie Chaplin did it silently 100 years ago.

As for Hastings - Brighton is very nearly as far away, and there are several of us around these parts!
Mrs LG and I love both programmes and treat them as a "date night".
(i'm a big softie really);)

Mar 16, 2009
London
Did you do the standing on Brittany ferries looking over the edge and walking down the main strip with luggage or being driven in a car as if youve arrived in France?

Actually neither of those, I was hired to be in the pub (think I was just 18, or at least pretended to be) when Albert Finney's character starts a fight to get himself locked up, and escape the Russian spies who were after him. When the fight kicks off I had to rush over to see what was happening, along with a few others, as the camera scanned the excited throng..

During a break in filming I remember Albert using the loo at the same time as me, a proper old school pub long-urinal. Bizarrely we chatted, briefly, as we both relieved ourselves.

Guess you could say he was pretty down to earth!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Actually neither of those, I was hired to be in the pub (think I was just 18, or at least pretended to be) when Albert Finney's character starts a fight to get himself locked up, and escape the Russian spies who were after him. When the fight kicks off I had to rush over to see what was happening, along with a few others, as the camera scanned the excited throng..

During a break in filming I remember Albert using the loo at the same time as me, a proper old school pub long-urinal. Bizarrely we chatted, briefly, as we both relieved ourselves.

Guess you could say he was pretty down to earth!
Yes he was, we all got to meet him but as a child I had no idea who he was, just told he was a big name at that time.
The directors were particularly keen to film my sisters which are twins, they met the main director was someone called gus, he posed for photos and they took photos of the girls which my parents hoped would lead to stardom for them, it wasn't to be though.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
This could trigger a whole new thread "famous people you've stood next to at a urinal"! I could kick it off with a certain football manager who's fond of helicopters ...

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
This could trigger a whole new thread "famous people you've stood next to at a urinal"! I could kick it off with a certain football manager who's fond of helicopters ...
Rat Scabies at some pub in north London when the Damned were on. (Possibly my first ever punk gig.)

David Steel (Lib Dem leader many aeons ago) at the Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh Festival.

Philip Schofield at the Royal Institution following a televised (Professor) Brian Cox lecture/celebrity fest. (Indeed, I've just seen that the Schofemeister appears at 00.48 in the clip, all laughing and jolly pre-MickyD encounter.)

May 16, 2016
The film you refer to was called "The Endless Game", I was an extra with the rest of my family, it starred Albert Finney.
We filmed down at Brittany Ferries whilst other parts were filmed in France and America
Nope.

The one I referred to was / is called "Rememberance" starred quite a few younger versions of latter well know Brihish actors, based on the says leading up to a RN deployment. Part of the then fledgling Channel 4 output in 1982.

I'm sure I saw it in a Plymouth cinema but it was on TV not much after that.

Reactions: Lancastergreen